Bosco

unbelievable

113 posts in this topic

Ewok is already aware. Discussion is cool, opinions differ, but there are lines that can be crossed and they get crossed here a lot. I personally don't mind discussions, but snotty remarks don't have much of a place in discussion or debate. I hope it stops here.

You need to realize that the "Islam" that is broadcast on USA and European media is not the whole story. Many of us here are either of ME/NA descent, from the ME/NA, or have spent considerable time there. We have seen more then just what the press here and in Europe wants us to see. I have met far more respectful, humble and kind muslim people then I have angry and violent muslims.

Kittykat's view, unfortunately, is the popular trend. Islam is not a violent or ugly religion... PEOPLE unforunately are. (F)

I couldn't agree more. Unfortunately, it does have an effect on our SO's. My husband has been in the US for less than a year and people are just mean to him. I try to tell him it's not because he is Muslim, but I am not in his shoes. Post like K's give me a good insight how others see him. Boy, have I been in the dark :blush:

Christine :luv:

WBhW.jpgbunbuntdg20060306_-8_Amira%20is.png

REMOVING CONDITIONS

6/30/07 - Mailed I-751 via Priority Mail with Delivery notification

7/02/07 - Delivered to USCIS in Laguna Niguel,CA

7/07/07 - CSC returns I-751 packet because we used an older I-751 version. Mailed I-751 with latest(02/07) version via Priority Mail with delivery notification

7/09/07 - Deliverd to USCIS

7/10/07 - NOA date

7/12/07 - USCIS cashes check

7/21/07 - NOA received(GC extended for one year)

7/24/07 - Biometrics notice received

8/10/07 - Biometrics appointment in W. LA

8/28/07 - Card production ordered

8/29/07 - Approval notice received online

8/30/07 - Approval notice recieved in mail

9/04/07 - 10 yr GC received in mail

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Damn, I stumbled into another poo flinging contest... stepping out b4 my feet get dirty :innocent:

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Ewok is already aware. Discussion is cool, opinions differ, but there are lines that can be crossed and they get crossed here a lot. I personally don't mind discussions, but snotty remarks don't have much of a place in discussion or debate. I hope it stops here.

You need to realize that the "Islam" that is broadcast on USA and European media is not the whole story. Many of us here are either of ME/NA descent, from the ME/NA, or have spent considerable time there. We have seen more then just what the press here and in Europe wants us to see. I have met far more respectful, humble and kind muslim people then I have angry and violent muslims.

Kittykat's view, unfortunately, is the popular trend. Islam is not a violent or ugly religion... PEOPLE unforunately are. (F)

I couldn't agree more. Unfortunately, it does have an effect on our SO's. My husband has been in the US for less than a year and people are just mean to him. I try to tell him it's not because he is Muslim, but I am not in his shoes. Post like K's give me a good insight how others see him. Boy, have I been in the dark :blush:

Christine :luv:

Aww bless him. Can you imagine living in a country where you feel hated because of the acts of crazy people, not even your own behavior?

I have spent a good part of my life around people of diverse cultures, and I have seen first hand how I am treated compared to how they are. The interesting thing I find, in area I live is that those of a higher class are less likely to be judgemental and rude compared to those of the lower class districts. I often tease that it is a result of inbreeding. My husband is serously concerned about how he will be treated once he comes. I can't guarantee that all will treat him fairly, but I will always be there to help him fight the battle of discrimation.

Damn, I stumbled into another poo flinging contest... stepping out b4 my feet get dirty :innocent:

The poo was only being flung one way really, but our shields are up, so no need to get your feet dirty. Look at this as an opportunity to be happy with the men we have found, and how we wouldn't change anything about them, especially their religion. Wouldn't it be nice if all people could find what we have found? :yes:

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Timeline

Aww bless him. Can you imagine living in a country where you feel hated because of the acts of crazy people, not even your own behavior?

I have spent a good part of my life around people of diverse cultures, and I have seen first hand how I am treated compared to how they are. The interesting thing I find, in area I live is that those of a higher class are less likely to be judgemental and rude compared to those of the lower class districts. I often tease that it is a result of inbreeding. My husband is serously concerned about how he will be treated once he comes. I can't guarantee that all will treat him fairly, but I will always be there to help him fight the battle of discrimation.

I have also spent all of my life around other cultures too. I will be there to help my husband fight the battle of discrimnation - being a minority anyways this battle is something I have delt with all my life. plus being mixed couple. I learned how to respond to certain things. I have around me alot of good friend here that are muslims. I hope that when Bingo come here the transition will be smooth. (F)

shon.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

LEts let the personal attacks stop now. If you think something someone wrote may offend you then please do not respond or read it. If you think someone is a troll do not respond as it only encourages them. Personal attacks are the bad part.

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Well I just want to say that Kezzie is wayyyy cool and I invite her to hang out with us ME/NA chicks ANY time !

:thumbs:

(F)

-MK

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline

Very well said statement!!!

1/12/06 Mail I-129f express mail

1/13/06 TSC rec'd

1/23/06 NOA1 from CSC

1/27/06 - Check cleared

7/10/06 - NOA2

7/14/06- rec'd @ NVC

8/14/06- NVC sent petition to Consulate

8/17/06 - Korean Consulate rec'd Petition

8/23/06 - rec'd packet 3 from Consulate

8/25/06 - sent packet 3 back to Consulate

8/27/06 - got confirmation email from Consulate, they rec'd packet three

8/27/06 - requested interview date via Consulate internet site.

9/1/06 - Checked internet site for interveiw date, it was there

9/25/06 - Interview date - APPROVED

9/28/06 - Visa in Zaeems Hand - YEAHHHHH

1/6/07 - leaving for USA

1/20/07 - Wedding Date

1/20/07 - MARRIED!!!!!

2/10/07 - rec'd certified copy of marriage license

AOS

3/13/07 - AOS package rec'd at Chicago Lockbox

3/20/07 - Rec'd Social Security Card

3/21/07 - Checks Cashed and Case Status online

3/24/07 - NOA1 Rec'd for AOS and EAD

3/27/07 - rec'd Biometrics appt letter - scheduled for 4/20/07 @ 11:00am

4/02/07 - "touched"

4/20/07 - had biometrics appt.

4/21/07 - rec'd letter stating case was transferred to CSC

5/22/07 - rec'd Case Pending at CSC email

6/25/07 - EAD card production ordered

7/7/07 - EAD "touched"

7/7/07 - AOS "touched"

8-6-07 - Rec'd EAD Card in the Mail

5-20-08 - AOS INTERVIEW - APPROVED - PASSPORT STAMPED

7-2-10 - Received 10 year green card in mail

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

On the topic of the thread, just about every review I've read about it is quite negative. It's the same ol same ol talking heads coming out from behind their websites.

In the end, Allahu Alem, I'll leave it to God to deal with.

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

I am trying to come up with a way to counter the movie with something positive if it is shown locally, whether it be to offer free books about the Prophet or Islam, seeing if the mosque would be willing to invite people who attend the movie to the mosque to see what it really is about, or simply to go and make a peaceful presence... not sure what, but I will face it with kindness.

Rebecca

On the topic of the thread, just about every review I've read about it is quite negative. It's the same ol same ol talking heads coming out from behind their websites.

In the end, Allahu Alem, I'll leave it to God to deal with.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Me and Yacine are muslims, and Yacine has suffered greatly by terrorism in his own country. He would be hurt if anyone labeled him a terrorist, he lost family and friends because of it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.