Laura_and_IanM

Official News

12 posts in this topic

Hello all! Just an update here on my end. First just want to say sorry that I haven't been around as of late. As life happens, it seems as though we just get busier and busier. Right, now the topic title is Official News. Some of you may recall that when I first started asking questions, I had stated that I hadn't even gotten a proper proposal, yet my bf and I were still going ahead as if there had been. Well, as of Valentine's Day, IT IS OFFICIAL!!! We are now properly engaged and I have to be honest here, I can't get the permasmile off of my face. On March 6th, I will be flying back to NYC to get a marriage visa. Whilst I am there, I will be stopping in for a week to see my beautiful children, then on Match 15th I will be flying back to England into my wonderful FIANCE'S arms (OMG I CAN FINALLY SAY FIANCE WOOHOO!!!). We will then go down to the registars office and make our announcement. ONce married, we have opted to do the I-130 versus the K-3. I can actually leave the country again on my marriage visa and will be able to come back with no questions asked and stay with my new husband for as long as I possibly can. We do realise that eventually we will be apart and that is no problem with either one of us. It will give him the time he needs to wrap things up over here in the UK, and it will give me time to find an apartment until he arrives and get settled in at a new job. I am quite sure that we will be having questions once we start the immigration process so please be forewarned lol. Once I go back to the States, I will be without a computer for a while so he will have to keep you updated. His name is Ian, and is a fabulously wonderful man. I will try to get him to make some time and set up his own account on here so y'all can get aquainted with him. I just want to say thank you to all of you that have been a big help to us thus far. And to that one special man that was so kind to pm me and tell me that we were not allowed to just get married over here anymore ....you really did save us what could have been a ton of grief, and what potentially could have been a lot of money. We were going to originally wait until right before I had to leave the country which was going to be May to get married. If we had gone to the registars office then and made our announcement only to find out we couldnt...omg. THe airfare alone at that time of year for me to go back to NYC to get my visa would have been close to 1000 GPS. Which in American dollars for those of you who dont know is nearly 2 GRAND!!! Not to mention the hassle of cutting it close and a possibility of me not being able to get the visa. So, to you sir, a big special thank you from Ian and I both. Although Ian is behind the scenes, he really has been thankful that I found this site. Thanks again to all of you and looking forward to posting when we are getting married. TATA FOR NOW!!!

Lots of hugs and kisses

Laura

Love is not an EMOTION or FEELING....

That if made from the heart...will outlast ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING!!!!

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=117 (shortcuts)

TIMELINE

04/29/2006......MARRIED MY VERY OWN CLOWN WOOOHOOOO

Now we are through with immigration until the end of 2008. Please read my timeline to see our process. Remember, patience is a beatuiful thing if you can remember to keep it...I will be damned if we did lol. We are all here on this site for the same reason...lets all help one another...

YAYYYYYYYYYYY Laura on your engagement.

x21.gif

Good to see that you have nutted out how you guys are doing this process. All the very best to you both.

Lorelle

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Awwwwww congrats on your engagement and I hope you have a speedy Visa Journey.

Good luck

Donna

Almost done with it all

So many congratulations to you both (F)(F)(F)

[The reason god put spaces in between your fingers was so another person's hands could fill it up.

CHERISH YESTERDAY, LIVE TODAY AND DREAM TOMORROW

Life is like a song... Sing it.

Life is like a challenge... Pursue it.

Life is like a sacrifice... Offer it.

Life is love... Enjoy it.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats to you! I remember the permasmile when I got engaged. It lasted about 2 weeks lol. I wish you a very speedy I-130 process and all the best to you.

K3 Timeline

Oct. 12 2005 Applied for K3 (Day 1)

Jan. 9th 2006 Received packet 3 (Day 89)

Jan. 19th 2006 Sent back packet 3 (Day 99)

March 20th 2006 Received packet 4 (Day 159)

April 20th 2006 K3 Appointment in Montreal (Day 190)

April 21st 2006 Received K3 (Day 191)

April 22nd 2006 Arrived in Florida!!!!! (Day 192)

EAD Timeline

May 3rd 2006 Chicago receives my application (Day 1)

May 8th 2006 NOA received (Day 5)

May 22nd 2006 Biometrics appointment letter received (Day 19)

June 3rd 2006 Biometrics complete (Day 31)

June 13th 2006 EAD card received in Mail!!!!!!!!! (Day 41)

June 13th 2006 Applied for SSN (Day 41)

July 13th 2006 SSN card arrives in the mail (Day 71)

AOS Timeline

Oct. 30th 2006 Sent in our paperwork to Chicago (Day 1)

Nov. 11th 2006 NOA Received (Day 12)

Nov. 13th 2006 Touched (Day 14)

Nov. 18th 2006 Biometrics taken (Day 19)

Dec. 14th 2006 Case transferred to California (Day 45)

Dec. 31st 2006 File arrived in California (Day 62)

Jan. 20th 2007 Touched (Day 82)

May 8th 2007 Case trasnferred to National Benefits Center (Day 190)

May 16th 2007 Case arrived at National Benefits Center (Day 198)

congrats for your engagement

PARENTS JOURNEY

Dec 10 - sent I130 for Mom & Dad

Jan- Recd NOA1

Feb- Recd RFE for missing BC

Mar- Recd RFE for missing BC

Apr- NOA2 Case approved

May- NVC case #

May- paid $88 AOS FEE

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Congratulations on your engagement and have a wonderful trip home to see your kids. Good luck with all the visas and immigration.

~Angel~

I-130

2005-09-23 Sent I-130.

2005-10-05 I-130 NOA1

2006-02-19 *touched*

2006-02-21 RFE

2006-03-09 RFE received by CSC

2006-03-29 I-130 NOA2

2006-03-31 *touched*

2006-04-01 *touched*

2006-04-12 NVC assigned case number

I-129F

2005-11-18 I-129F Sent

2005-11-29 I-129F NOA1

2005-12-27 I-129F RFE :(

2006-01-13 I-129F RFE Reply sent.

2006-01-25 *touched*

2006-01-26 I-129F RFE received

2006-04-04 *touched*

2006-04-04 NOA2 **approved!!!**

2006-04-20 NVC assigned case number

2006-04-21 case forwarded to embassy

2006-04-26 packet 3 received

2006-05-02 packet 3 sent

2006-05-04 packet 4 received

2006-05-15 Interview in Stockholm **APPROVED**

2006-05-23 My sweetie is coming home!!

Congratulations on your engagement...best of luck

Filed DCF in Jordan from 7-05 to 3-06, Approved for I-R1.

Immigration Free until 2008.

Two Hearts, Two Different Places, Sharing One Dream

We were strangers~ Starting out on a journey~Never dreaming What we'd have to go through ~Now here we are ~ And I'm suddenly standing ~ At the beginning with you ~ No one told me I was going to find you ~ Unexpected ~ What you did to my heart ~ When I lost hope You were there to remind me ~ This is the start ~ Life is a road And I want to keep going ~ Love is a river I wanna keep flowing ~ Life is a road Now and forever ~ Wonderful journey ~ I'll be there When the world stops turning~ I'll be there When the storm is through ~ In the end I wanna be standing At the beginning with you~

.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.