nannygirl82

any noa 2's approved??

31 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Yes, we will get a new NOA2. The reopening of a case invalidates the previous approval. And how else would they let us know it's approved? But I suspect we will have the same case number so as to not confuse the consulates. (Paris still has us in their system - someone called to discuss our case but we missed the call, message left, need to fax them tomorrow....more explanation on that when we have more info.....if anyone is interested.....strange though, that a consulate would call.....)

I heard that this is the first time CIS has had to deal with a recall so I suspect their computer system doesn't account for situations like this - nor the staff. So who knows how the RFE's are handled.

(Segue: Why the heck would they send a file off to storage before the visa was approved by the foreign consulate? 2 months to reunite ours.)

As for the supposed recall approvals - since they erroneously approved cases before, I suspect they may have erroneously approved a couple recalls, seeing as how they apparently erroneously do everything. Otherwise we would be seeing more approvals than what we have. (NOTE: both the people JenT listed are NOT recalls, aka NOA2's with rfe's, so I suspect there are no approved recalled cases.)

At the end of the day they should have let the 1100 erroneously approved cases go and not recall. I can only dream........erroneously.......

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

On a positive note, if the RFE is processed in a timely manner, we may see some action this week. The RFE itself states a "minimum of 14 days" is needed for processing. Also, I'm under the impression we will receive our news via snail mail (new i-797C notice of action) and that may be the reason for some more delays. Just pure speculation though.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
As for the supposed recall approvals - since they erroneously approved cases before, I suspect they may have erroneously approved a couple recalls, seeing as how they apparently erroneously do everything. Otherwise we would be seeing more approvals than what we have. (NOTE: both the people JenT listed are NOT recalls, aka NOA2's with rfe's, so I suspect there are no approved recalled cases.)

At the end of the day they should have let the 1100 erroneously approved cases go and not recall. I can only dream........erroneously.......

So you think the recalled case approved at CSC (rene's) was erroneously approved?

On a positive note, if the RFE is processed in a timely manner, we may see some action this week. The RFE itself states a "minimum of 14 days" is needed for processing. Also, I'm under the impression we will receive our news via snail mail (new i-797C notice of action) and that may be the reason for some more delays. Just pure speculation though.

I think rene got un update through e-mail. Otherwise, she wouldn't have know it was approved in just 1 day.

Edited by Mew

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Timeline
This has been my fear all along. I had posted earlier 2 weeks ago that an officer in Vermont told me that "there is no Protocol to process NOA2's and sure you will get your RFE but..." He kind of stopped there. My big fear is that they really don't know what to do and maybe expect legal challenges to the IMBRA Bill and dont want to be caught up in Lawsuits? At this point I just want things to move forward. This delay is Unforgivable for us to be put on the back burner after being lied to so many times by the NVC and USCIS. The slow burn is starting to boil over again. :yes:

Dude, this makes me freak out. I hope this isn't true and they have it all figured out by now and everything happens as rlt described. I mean, please. Pleeeeease.

Timeline (incompleta)

Timeline

So you think the recalled case approved at CSC (rene's) was erroneously approved?

I think rene got un update through e-mail. Otherwise, she wouldn't have know it was approved in just 1 day.

My speculation on Rene's case is based on what she posted (lower portion):

6/26 - RFE letter (received by me 7/3)

7/5 - overnite RFE to CSC (arrives to CSC 7/6)

7/12 - USCIS website touch

7/13 - USCIS website confirm received RFE

7/14 - touch

7/17 - receive noa stating case is approved. Again, it is the EXACT same format as the first approval - NO mention of the RFE. The Notice date is 7/13; and the valid dates are 7/14 - 11/13. Also, it is curious that there is no mention of it on the USCIS website -- just the same touch from 7/14 stating the standard notice of reciept of the RFE from 7/13. The NOA envelope is postmarked 7/14 and it is sent presorted first class.

Rene

According to her post, she did get a confirmation they received the RFE and then received one touch the next day. She then received her I-797C notice of action in the snail mail which indicated the notice date which is the "approval" date. In my interpretation, she never received any email that indicated her case was reapproved. Being that it was CSC, this process may be different from Vermont although in the RFE receipt email notice I and many others have received it mentions that written notification will be provided in the case of further action. Hopefully, the next approved cases will also provide email notification of approval.

Timeline

My speculation on Rene's case is based on what she posted (lower portion):

6/26 - RFE letter (received by me 7/3)

7/5 - overnite RFE to CSC (arrives to CSC 7/6)

7/12 - USCIS website touch

7/13 - USCIS website confirm received RFE

7/14 - touch

7/17 - receive noa stating case is approved. Again, it is the EXACT same format as the first approval - NO mention of the RFE. The Notice date is 7/13; and the valid dates are 7/14 - 11/13. Also, it is curious that there is no mention of it on the USCIS website -- just the same touch from 7/14 stating the standard notice of reciept of the RFE from 7/13. The NOA envelope is postmarked 7/14 and it is sent presorted first class.

Rene

According to her post, she did get a confirmation they received the RFE and then received one touch the next day. She then received her I-797C notice of action in the snail mail which indicated the notice date which is the "approval" date. In my interpretation, she never received any email that indicated her case was reapproved. Being that it was CSC, this process may be different from Vermont although in the RFE receipt email notice I and many others have received it mentions that written notification will be provided in the case of further action. Hopefully, the next approved cases will also provide email notification of approval.

Oh, I see what you mean. Okay. It *is* weird. She got an approval right after she sent the RFE. I thought the touch she got on 7/14 was the approval touch, but I think I was mistaken.

Timeline (incompleta)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Wel, in order to verify that what we say on the RFE is true the RFE's must be sent to the FBI right? So it seems that would havesomething to do with the delay, if it is the case.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Buenos Aires, Argentina

I-129F Sent : 02-21-06

I-129F NOA1 : 03-14-06

I-129F NOA2 : 03-30-06

NVC Received : 04-06-06

Embassy to NVC: 05-31-06

Touched: 06-27-06

Case Re-opened: 06-27-06

Touched: 06-29-06

USCIS sent RFE: 06-29-06

Touched: 06-30-06

Touched: 07-03-06

IMBRA RFE recieved: 07-05-06

IMBRA RFE sent to USCIS: 08-10-06

USCIS recieved IMBRARFE 08-15-06

Touched: 08-16-06

Touched: 08-18-06

Touched: 08-23-06

Touched: 08-24-06

Touched: 08-29-06

USCIS RFE NOA in mail 09-01-06

Touched: 09-02-06

Timeline
Wel, in order to verify that what we say on the RFE is true the RFE's must be sent to the FBI right? So it seems that would havesomething to do with the delay, if it is the case.

Yeah, but what I mean is, ALL RFEs will have the same procedure. The ones going to NOA1 people and the ones going to recalled people. They are the same.

If it´s taking about 15 days to proces theirs, we should give them more time.

We have people with RFE receipt from July12th.

Today is only the 23rd and it´s a sunday.

I think we weren´t first in line because of all the procedure to reopen the cases. Now it will be the same for those already reopened.. This is what I think.

I think we should "consider a new NOA1 date" to reopened cases.

Then we got the RFE and as it says on the letter, it will take a minimun of 14 days.

And that´s what I´ve been seeing happening with the NOA1 people..

Timeline

Exactly, the procedure will be the same most likely for the processing of the IMBRA RFES. We have already seen a pattern develop with the NOA1s getting approval (about 15 or more days at least) which coincides with the statement on the RFE about the 14 day minumum for processing. The one approved recall NOA2 does not appear to follow any of the patterns of the other approved NOA1s.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
Yes, we will get a new NOA2. The reopening of a case invalidates the previous approval. And how else would they let us know it's approved? But I suspect we will have the same case number so as to not confuse the consulates. (Paris still has us in their system - someone called to discuss our case but we missed the call, message left, need to fax them tomorrow....more explanation on that when we have more info.....if anyone is interested.....strange though, that a consulate would call.....)

I heard that this is the first time CIS has had to deal with a recall so I suspect their computer system doesn't account for situations like this - nor the staff. So who knows how the RFE's are handled.

(Segue: Why the heck would they send a file off to storage before the visa was approved by the foreign consulate? 2 months to reunite ours.)

Yes, I'm very interested in the call from the embassy in Paris. Did they call you, or your fiance? Was it Friday they called? the details would be interesting. Had your fiance already received the instruction packet ? Mine had received and returned it around May 5 before the IMBRA thing hit. It would be very helpful to hear what it is they have to say. I had no luck trying to reach a live body in Paris when I was trying to find out what the hang up was back in May. :crying:

2/28/06 - K-1 app sent to NSC

3/06/06 - NOA 1

3/31/06 - NOA 2

4/12/06 - NVC sent approved petition to Paris embassy

4/24/06 - fiance received instruction pkt (pkt 3)

5/05/06 - pkt 3 checklist returned to embassy

6/16/06 - CRIS-USCIS email "petition received"

6/21/06 - 1-797s (2) received, petition "received", "reopened" by CSC

6/26/06 - email, RFE sent

7/05/06 - RFE received and sent back to CSC

7/06/06 - RFE received, signed for by receptionist at CSC

7/11/06 - email RFE received by CSC

7/12/06 - touched (same message as day before about RFE receipt

WAITING WAITING WAITING

8/15/06 - NVC receives reaffirmed petition (no written confirmation yet)

8/22/06 - NVC sends reapproved petition back to Paris CHOUETTE!!!!

9/21/06 - Pkt. 4 received

10/4/06 - INTERVIEW scheduled\

11-14-06 - VISA RECEIVED!!!!![/b]

12/08/06 - Arrives - POE PDX

12/14/06 - Married in Vegas, Baby!!!

AOS

01/03/07- I-485 sent to Chicago

01/09/07 - NOA from MSC

01/30/07 - Biometrics taken

02/01/07 - touched

04/10/07 - Interview scheduled/AOS approved - I-551 stamp in passport

04/18/07 - Permanent Resident Card received!!!!!

Timeline

Yes, I'm very interested in the call from the embassy in Paris. Did they call you, or your fiance? Was it Friday they called? the details would be interesting. Had your fiance already received the instruction packet ? Mine had received and returned it around May 5 before the IMBRA thing hit. It would be very helpful to hear what it is they have to say. I had no luck trying to reach a live body in Paris when I was trying to find out what the hang up was back in May. :crying:

I´m also curious...

I kind of feel like calling the Consulate in Brazil to se if they have any news.

Lewis, even if the pattern says 15 days, we saw some people having their case approved in 10 days or even less.

I know, I know.. but I´m still hoping it will be at anyday now..

Timeline
I´m also curious...

I kind of feel like calling the Consulate in Brazil to se if they have any news.

Lewis, even if the pattern says 15 days, we saw some people having their case approved in 10 days or even less.

I like how we behave like Pollyanas. It's so nice...

Timeline (incompleta)

Timeline
I´m also curious...

I like how we behave like Pollyanas. It's so nice...

Are you serious?

That last comment above helps no one at all. There is a major difference between being optimistic and blindly optimistic, which none of us are. Also, many people have been dealing with this group and contributed to this group in different ways. I understand people are pissed but I refuse to waste my energy that way. IMO, the best way to express your displeasure and get a response is through your congresspeople which I have recommended numerous times. The bottom line is people are responsible for their own choices and words. I will continue to encourage people to stay positive.

It's been quite challenging lately to contribute to this forum in a positive manner due to all of the anger and frustration around. I have even seen newbies and others getting criticized for saying their petition was approved. It's getting to the point where just being positive is being criticized.

The fact remains that all of us have recalled petitions and it would be wise to work together to share info.

Timeline
Are you serious?

That last comment above helps no one at all. There is a major difference between being optimistic and blindly optimistic, which none of us are. Also, many people have been dealing with this group and contributed to this group in different ways. I understand people are pissed but I refuse to waste my energy that way. IMO, the best way to express your displeasure and get a response is through your congresspeople which I have recommended numerous times. The bottom line is people are responsible for their own choices and words. I will continue to encourage people to stay positive.

It's been quite challenging lately to contribute to this forum in a positive manner due to all of the anger and frustration around. I have even seen newbies and others getting criticized for saying their petition was approved. It's getting to the point where just being positive is being criticized.

The fact remains that all of us have recalled petitions and it would be wise to work together to share info.

I think I was misunderstood. I'm sorry that you got mad at this comment. I have been doing everything in my power to contribute to this forum as far as good vibes go. Although I've been at times jealous of people whose petitions have been approved a lot sooner than ours (recalled ones), I feel happy for them (it's not anybody's fault whose case is processed sooner or later) and I have never expressed any word of resentment towards them and I do my best to encourage them and everyone else in this forum who I have been in touch with to take an optimistic approach to the whole process even if it takes a long, long time.

It wasn't meant to be a sarcastic comment and sometimes *I* like to be Pollyana-optimistic because it keeps me going, despite of every concrete effort that I may make (which isn't much, considering I'm the beneficiary). I have been freaking out and calming people down many times, in waves. I apologize, though, because the last thing we need is to get into arguments when we're supposed to be supporting each other.

Edited by Mew

Timeline (incompleta)

Timeline

Mew, of all the people here you have helped the most and I appreciate it so much! Sorry I took it out of context, I was kind of shocked at first.

There have been days when I wanted to share good news but then I see all the venting posts and I just decide to pm a couple of people. It really has been that negative. I want to say I did not intend to imply you were negative all the time, just this particular comment. Thank you for all of the hard work and information.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.