SanAn

Blue sheet on Nov 24, need your help!

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Dear All,

I got blue sheet in Nov 24 after 40 mins interviewing with CO. I felt very sad and dismayed and so did my fiance

1. My case

- We are all IT engineers. Neither of us has been married nor sponsored for immigration.

- We met in person at Cafe shop for the first time at the end of Nov, 2005 basing on our friends' arrangement. After that my fiance went back to US and sent the first email to me from begining of Dec, 2005

- We kept mailling together during 2006 and 2007 in term of friendship as we all tried to work, study and understand more.

- During 2008, our mutual affection grew overtime and the proposal was given in Dec 2008

- In Apirl 2009, my fiance had the trip to VN with his eldest brother and we had engagement ceremony in begining of May 2009 (meeting 2 weeks)

- After that my fiance returned to US and processed K1-visa for me at the end of May, 2009

- We are both no longer young. We want to have babies at the earliest

During the interview, i did answer all questions from CO well.

After that he looked at my passport very carefully since he asked my why my fiance not visit me during 2006, 2007 and even 2008. I answered that he worked for startup company during that time, he just had 10 vacation days but his boss did not allow him to take a long vacation. I also traveled some (Europe, Asian, Brazil) as my job required. I forgot to inform CO that we were in the time to try to understand each other .. :(

And CO asked me to write a sworn statement in paper that I and my fiance are not relative. i did not have any relative in US as well. He also asked me to raise my right hand for swearing. I did because it's true. Does anyone have the same as my situation, to do like that at the first interview?

(My mother and my fiance's mother have the same last name, it's NGUYEN. But NGUYEN is the most popular last name in VietNam :( )

Finaly, he gave me the blue sheets with three items

- A signed, sworn notarized statement that lists names of those living with me at my current address

- A sworn, notarized statement that details chronology (timeline) of your relationship

- Original birth certificates of my parents and my fiancée's parents

2. Our next plan

- My fiance will come to VietNam and will go to the next appointment

- I don't know it's good if he meets the CO in advance (before one week) or not?

Could you help to give me some advices and ideas? How can i get PINK in the second appointement? I really want to be with my fiance in ChristMas and New Year. Please help me

Best Regards,

Edited by SanAn

Dear All,

I got blue sheet in Nov 24 after 40 mins interviewing with CO. I felt very sad and dismayed and so did my fiance

1. My case

- We are all IT engineers. Neither of us has been married nor sponsored for immigration.

- We met in person at Cafe shop for the first time at the end of Nov, 2005 basing on our friends' arrangement. After that my fiance went back to US and sent the first email to me from begining of Dec, 2005

- We kept mailling together during 2006 and 2007 in term of friendship as we all tried to work, study and understand more.

- During 2008, our mutual affection grew overtime and the proposal was given in Dec 2008

- In Apirl 2009, my fiance had the trip to VN with his eldest brother and we had engagement ceremony in begining of May 2009 (meeting 2 weeks)

- After that my fiance returned to US and processed K1-visa for me at the end of May, 2009

- We are both no longer young. We want to have babies at the earliest

During the interview, i did answer all questions from CO well.

After that he looked at my passport very carefully since he asked my why my fiance not visit me during 2006, 2007 and even 2008. I answered that he worked for startup company during that time, he just had 10 vacation days but his boss did not allow him to take a long vacation. I also traveled some (Europe, Asian, Brazil) as my job required. I forgot to inform CO that we were in the time to try to understand each other .. :(

And CO asked me to write a sworn statement in paper that I and my fiance are not relative. i did not have any relative in US as well. He also asked me to raise my right hand for swearing. I did because it's true. Does anyone have the same as my situation, to do like that at the first interview?

(My mother and my fiance's mother have the same last name, it's NGUYEN. But NGUYEN is the most popular last name in VietNam :( )

Finaly, he gave me the blue sheets with three items

- A signed, sworn notarized statement that lists names of those living with me at my current address

- A sworn, notarized statement that details chronology (timeline) of your relationship

2. Our next plan

- My fiance will come to VietNam and will go to the next appointment

- I don't know it's good if he meets the CO in advance (before one week) or not?

Could you help to give me some advices and ideas? How can i get PINK in the second appointement? I really want to be with my fiance in ChristMas and New Year. Please help me

Best Regards,

The original birth certificates requested could indicate they don't believe that you are not related.

You may offer other proof (they won't help you by saying what exactly I'm guessing)

that you are NOT indeed related; I can't imagine what that would be but as you know

both families you should be able to prove that. In a country like VN they may be VERY

difficult to obtain, although I'm sure there is a procedure for getting a facsimile.

You have to get creative here and not in any way that would indicate fraud, just

do the legwork and best of luck.

You can imagine a Vietnamese official being presented with two Americans named Smith

and come to the conclusion "same family."

As VN is a tough room to play, you may just be guilty until proven innocent. Hang in there,

you should be able to overcome this; respond to the CO's request and once that is given

sufficient proof you should be OK.

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

03/29/-04/06/10 - AOS sent/rcd; 04/13 NOA1; AOS 2 NBC

04/14 $1010 cashed; 04/19 NOA1

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

06/28 EAD mail; travel 2 BKK; return 07/17

07/20/10 interview, 4d. b4 I-129F anniv. APPROVAL!*

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-05-16 Lifting Cond. - I-751 sent

2012-06-27 Biom,

2013-01-10 7 Mo, 2 Wks. & 5 days - 10 Yr. PR Card (no interview)

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence

Timeline

The requested documents are pretty common at the consulate in HCM. Read the posts in the Asia: South and Pacific forum for details on making a good timeline - it can be a crucial piece of evidence. Any evidence you can provide that will demonstrate your families are not connected would be good. The birth certificates of your parents is only a start.

The lack of occasional visits is probably the biggest red flag in your case. Try to demonstrate that you remained in close contact during those 3 years, and that your relationship is sincere. You definitely have to provide the evidence they specifically requested, but you may ALSO provide additional evidence. Whatever you've got that will help make your case should be submitted.

Nguyen is not only the most popular name in Vietnam - it's safe to say that more than half the country have the Nguyen family name.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Timeline

Hello Thong4me, JimVaphuong,

Thanks for your comments and advices.

- Yes, we keep all our emails from Dec 2005 till now. I did submit them in the first interview, not all but randomly (2-3 emails/per month ). I also printed all folders of our emails with sorted date and gave them at that time. Also his first email to me by asking me to remember him...etc.. and some emails in 2006 to ask about my hometown, my family ..etc.. But you know, of course, they didn't have time to read and verify in the interview even i pointed :(.

- They also kept all our pictures in engagement ceremony and trips.

- We are lucky to have all our parents birth certificates in hand (my fiance's father is now 79 year old)

- Yes, we will bring more evidences to the next appointment.

- Our families, absolutely, are not connected but how to demonstrate to CO except parents birth certificates as they required. Please help to guide me. (My fiance's family in US. My family in VN . No one in my family either my farther site or my mother site is in US as well. We and our parents were born in totally different places in VN)

Thanks again and have a nice day to all. Appreciated to get more advices from you

Hello Thong4me, JimVaphuong,

Thanks for your comments and advices.

- Yes, we keep all our emails from Dec 2005 till now. I did submit them in the first interview, not all but randomly (2-3 emails/per month ). I also printed all folders of our emails with sorted date and gave them at that time. Also his first email to me by asking me to remember him...etc.. and some emails in 2006 to ask about my hometown, my family ..etc.. But you know, of course, they didn't have time to read and verify in the interview even i pointed :(.

- They also kept all our pictures in engagement ceremony and trips.

- We are lucky to have all our parents birth certificates in hand (my fiance's father is now 79 year old)

- Yes, we will bring more evidences to the next appointment.

- Our families, absolutely, are not connected but how to demonstrate to CO except parents birth certificates as they required. Please help to guide me. (My fiance's family in US. My family in VN . No one in my family either my farther site or my mother site is in US as well. We and our parents were born in totally different places in VN)

Thanks again and have a nice day to all. Appreciated to get more advices from you

You're welcome, but I think Jim & other VN filers would be better to help on this one.

The problem for you is that YOU have the burden of proof.

If the CO had to prove that any in YOUR family was any relation to HIS family in the US and vice-versa,

that may also be difficult to prove, but the burden of proof is not on the CO and the difficulty is yours.

Best of luck,

TD4Me

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

03/29/-04/06/10 - AOS sent/rcd; 04/13 NOA1; AOS 2 NBC

04/14 $1010 cashed; 04/19 NOA1

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

06/28 EAD mail; travel 2 BKK; return 07/17

07/20/10 interview, 4d. b4 I-129F anniv. APPROVAL!*

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-05-16 Lifting Cond. - I-751 sent

2012-06-27 Biom,

2013-01-10 7 Mo, 2 Wks. & 5 days - 10 Yr. PR Card (no interview)

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
Provide these three documents and you are golden.

[

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Provide these three documents and you are golden.

[

Unfortunately HCMC isn't as straightforward as logic would dictate.

However, in this case I do believe that providing the proof of non-familial connection will tip things toward pink.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Hello All,

I got PINK today after submitting all required documents. It is really a big gift for me and my fiancé in Christmas and New Year.

I contacted with Mr Nam and Marc Ellis for consult and help after getting the blue slip in the first interview.

Wishing you all the best!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.