robleftca

transfering plane question imigration question also

26 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello VJ

We are still waiting for grace to get her visa but we are sooo excited. She has been packed since sunday :-) We should get it either today or tommarrow I hope. If you don't know she turned in paper on 23rd and they said she was done. So it should take a little longer then a week with thanksgiving and the 30th holiday.

First questioon is about coming to America. The best deals i find is by expeida. The only problem is i worry about her flying into Los angeles, SFO or Hawaii then missing the plane transfer after customs. for me it was quick. I have read that they have to fill out many papers and go through long line for imigrants. A two our delay in plane transfers worry me. i know when i went into LA once, It took me about 1 hour just to get to the other terminal. She would be coming into LA and if I understand now she would have to REcheck her bags??

I want her to just fly to vancouver canada then to vegas would be so much easier but it cost about 100 more think all the hassel and them possibly chaarging her for bags when she switches airlines might be worth it? ANY ADVISSE WOULD BE HELPFULL.

Buying a ticket is my next question. I have read some people are givin a hard time trying to board the plane when a ticket isn't purchesed in their name? I am looking to buy it by expedia. I read i shoudl copy my credit card and send her a copy of this? Anyone have problems buying for their fiance? She doens't want to buy it cause she is scared she make mistake and fly wrong place lol.

Now one more question guys, i read where they can have up to 23 killo bags. My future mother in law is givng grace a heaving blanket as it is cold here in winter(vegaas). How should she go about thsi as her bag already is close to or over 23 killos?

thanks guys

robert

june 11th sent AOS paper work

june 24th got the three letters

july 14th finger prints done

My golden rule, it to stay away from LAX, it suxs, it crowded and full of a$$holes.

SFO is easy to deal with as well as Las Vegas.

Plane ticket shouldn't be a problem.

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

I will second this statement.

LAX is not nice. SFO is the way to go if you can.

I also heard once that you could fly directly to Vegas as your POE. If so, do that.

-Phil

My golden rule, it to stay away from LAX, it suxs, it crowded and full of a$$holes.

SFO is easy to deal with as well as Las Vegas.

Plane ticket shouldn't be a problem.

kp7cnfvctuzu.png

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I don't know about LAX. Never been there.

I bought the ticket and had no issues. They do issue it in whomever's name you tell them to put on it. You are just the billing person and address.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

I would suggest using a travel agent. They can get a custom flight schedule for you and not that much more cost. Just tell them where you want to land and they do the rest. A direct flight to Vegas would be the best option in my opinion.

How many bags does she have now? She is allowed 2 bags.

You are correct about rechecking her baggage. All international flights go through customs and a recheck is required. This is why I suggest a direct flight to Vegas as POE.

If you decide not to do the direct flight, allow about 4 hours between flights. Better to wait a bit than miss a flight. Sometimes baggage arrives very slow. Last time I went through SFO it took almost 50 minutes to collect bags.

A connecting flight from the International Airport in SFO to a domestic flight requires walking about a block down the street from the international to the domestic airport. As well as going up a flight of stairs to move from the Arriving to Departing flight deck.

Go over to get her man, make her feel at ease. If nothing else, jump on a commuter flight from Vegas and meet her in baggage claim. She is not going to want to lug bags a block and find her way around a strange airport in a strange country all by herself. And then fight her way through a check in line to get back into the security side of the domestic airport.

Plus she will be dead beat from a over night flight with little sleep.

-Phil

hello VJ

We are still waiting for grace to get her visa but we are sooo excited. She has been packed since sunday :-) We should get it either today or tommarrow I hope. If you don't know she turned in paper on 23rd and they said she was done. So it should take a little longer then a week with thanksgiving and the 30th holiday.

First questioon is about coming to America. The best deals i find is by expeida. The only problem is i worry about her flying into Los angeles, SFO or Hawaii then missing the plane transfer after customs. for me it was quick. I have read that they have to fill out many papers and go through long line for imigrants. A two our delay in plane transfers worry me. i know when i went into LA once, It took me about 1 hour just to get to the other terminal. She would be coming into LA and if I understand now she would have to REcheck her bags??

I want her to just fly to vancouver canada then to vegas would be so much easier but it cost about 100 more think all the hassel and them possibly chaarging her for bags when she switches airlines might be worth it? ANY ADVISSE WOULD BE HELPFULL.

Buying a ticket is my next question. I have read some people are givin a hard time trying to board the plane when a ticket isn't purchesed in their name? I am looking to buy it by expedia. I read i shoudl copy my credit card and send her a copy of this? Anyone have problems buying for their fiance? She doens't want to buy it cause she is scared she make mistake and fly wrong place lol.

Now one more question guys, i read where they can have up to 23 killo bags. My future mother in law is givng grace a heaving blanket as it is cold here in winter(vegaas). How should she go about thsi as her bag already is close to or over 23 killos?

thanks guys

robert

kp7cnfvctuzu.png

My suggestion is to meet her at her POE and then fly back to Vegas together. Allow at least 3 hours for the final leg of her flight. I don't know how long it takes to get through immigration and customs out there in CA, but it took my fiancee (now wife) 2 1/2 hours Chicago Ohare. I flew up from KC to meet her and the boy and we almost missed the flight to KC. I sent my fiancee the airport websites so she could see the layout of each airport that was on her Itinarary.

I can't help you as far as the Baggage requirements, but hopefully someone else here will. Good luck to you both! BTW, if you can swing it, it would be really helpful for her if you can meet her at her POE..

Timeline
My suggestion is to meet her at her POE and then fly back to Vegas together. Allow at least 3 hours for the final leg of her flight. I don't know how long it takes to get through immigration and customs out there in CA, but it took my fiancee (now wife) 2 1/2 hours Chicago Ohare. I flew up from KC to meet her and the boy and we almost missed the flight to KC. I sent my fiancee the airport websites so she could see the layout of each airport that was on her Itinarary.

I can't help you as far as the Baggage requirements, but hopefully someone else here will. Good luck to you both! BTW, if you can swing it, it would be really helpful for her if you can meet her at her POE..

so it sounds like the best option is pay the extra and have her fly into directly into Vegas as her POE into the USA. I wouldn't be able to fly to SFO or LAX for the price i could pay just to have her fly into Vegas. It would make more sense to just have her fly here as her POE then carrying her bags all over the place as the previous poster said.

I wouldn't want my 40killo fiance to be carring lugage as much as her a block away lol. Then again hmmm my mom is only about 2 hours from SFO but wouldn't want her to meet my mom that way we are goign to meet on Xmas lol.

Thanks for the anwser guys still havent' gottent he visa yet still time in the day over there as it is only 1217pm over there. I hope she get it today, don't know if they deliever on saturdays the VISA's??? anyone know???

"If you don't know she turned in paper on 23rd and they said she was done."

Normally takes 3 weeks to over a month to get her visa after extra paperwork is submiited.

Sometimes longer.

She still have to do CFO naman.

Edited by Dakine

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Timeline
"If you don't know she turned in paper on 23rd and they said she was done."

Normally takes 3 weeks to over a month to get her visa after extra paperwork is submiited.

Sometimes longer.

She still have to do CFO naman.

Yes Dakin, i just called and that is what they said. Becasue she didn't have the paper work done right that the extra paper she is still in pending. It takes 5-10 buisness days normally so if we dont here from phone, mail then we need to call them again and see what is happening

:crying::crying:

That means on the 23 is when i call after a month i sure hope we get her here from then i want her here for xmas all the family :crying: is hoping for that

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

LAX for international travel is a PITA.

FOR MOST FLIGHTS, they come in at Bradley International Terminal.. There are exceptions, but I can't remember which airline.

IMO, it's chaos at Immigration, also at Customs..

the 'easy thing' for rechecking baggage, isn't easy at all... cause ya gotta truck it all to the OTHER terminal, where the next flight is. Maybe there's a recheck area at Bradley, I know I've looked for it each time I go through it.

Worst Case Scenario - she misses her flight. A Ticketing Agent for the airline will put her on the next available flight - usually without a rebooking charge.

re: the blanket - get a largish, 'no shape' carry bag, put it in there...

OR

she can use the blanket to protect her shoes ... spread out the blanket, fold on long side to make thinner rectangle, until the blanket is the width of the inside of the luggage. Now you have a LONG, thin rectangle. Roll the shoes into this, one shoe every 6 inches... place inside large pillow case, or cover with cloth, knot the edges closed. I think covering the blanket is important, because of the stuff done in the back room at inspection with that stupid chemical thing, whatever that test is (I had 2 batches of clothes ruined with that, learned to cover my clothes when i jump overseas ) .

ok - that's my 2 jiao - hopefully others will chime in.

GOOD LUCK !

----

23 kg is standard, per checked piece of luggage - usually is allowed 2 pieces, can pay extra for more luggage to be checked.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

hello VJ

thanks guys

robert

Robert,

Hopefully I will be in the same boat as you in a few months. I too am in Las Vegas, and I have looked and found that hawain airlines is a decent price on one way tickets, it is 670 dollars. The flight is from Manila to Honolulu, then transfer to domestic then to Las Vegas. The connection time is about 3 hrs 45 min. As far as the name on the ticket, it has to be exactly is on her passport, or else they will not allow boarding. So far the hawaiin and PAL pr 106 from Manila to Las Vegas via Vancouver is my other option, but as of right now it is at least 200 dollars more. If your fiance is a first time flyer, I would strongly try to go for the pr106. I have been on the pr107 and pr106 flights several times, it is easy, just a 1 hour layover in Vancouver but no plane change. I would strongly avoid LAX because it is one of the most busiest airports in the world. PAL has 50 lbs limits on up to two check in bags, and 15 lbs for carry on because I have flown PAL several times now.

Filed: Timeline
hello VJ

thanks guys

robert

Robert,

Hopefully I will be in the same boat as you in a few months. I too am in Las Vegas, and I have looked and found that hawain airlines is a decent price on one way tickets, it is 670 dollars. The flight is from Manila to Honolulu, then transfer to domestic then to Las Vegas. The connection time is about 3 hrs 45 min. As far as the name on the ticket, it has to be exactly is on her passport, or else they will not allow boarding. So far the hawaiin and PAL pr 106 from Manila to Las Vegas via Vancouver is my other option, but as of right now it is at least 200 dollars more. If your fiance is a first time flyer, I would strongly try to go for the pr106. I have been on the pr107 and pr106 flights several times, it is easy, just a 1 hour layover in Vancouver but no plane change. I would strongly avoid LAX because it is one of the most busiest airports in the world. PAL has 50 lbs limits on up to two check in bags, and 15 lbs for carry on because I have flown PAL several times now.

Have you checked TRAVELOCITY ? you best bet is to fly from Manila to Mccarren via PAL, the POE is great here and not a pain in the A$$

The copying of your credit card was enforced by PAL in the past. They did not ask my wife for it though. Also, when you book through PAL the travel tax is normally included in the ticket price. With most other airlines you will pay the travel tax at the airport or PTA office. You still have to pay the terminal tax of 750 PHP.

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

Timeline
The copying of your credit card was enforced by PAL in the past. They did not ask my wife for it though. Also, when you book through PAL the travel tax is normally included in the ticket price. With most other airlines you will pay the travel tax at the airport or PTA office. You still have to pay the terminal tax of 750 PHP.

i new i read that you had to copy it. i think i will just do it just in case to make sure she doesn't have to worry. She wil have enough to worry about lol

thanks guys you always have the best advise as we all have gone or going through the same stuff.

robert

Filed: Timeline

i new i read that you had to copy it. i think i will just do it just in case to make sure she doesn't have to worry. She wil have enough to worry about lol

thanks guys you always have the best advise as we all have gone or going through the same stuff.

robert

have you gotten at ticket yet ? why dont you go see Linda on Charleston and Maryland parkway at the Lafayette Village Square, she owns the travel agency there, you can tell her your exact plans and she will hook you up;

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.