Oxana&Serge

Sending aditional supporting documents before RFE

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Does anybody have any experience in sending additional supporting documents without waiting for RFE from service center?

I just got some additional primary evidence documents that I would like to send to CSC to be added to my file. Will they add it if I send it with the letter that has my case receipt number and explaines the nature of this submission? I am afraid these documents wil be lost... however I really want to add them now before getting an RFE from CSC (it is not obvious they will ask, but it is a very likely scenario).

Also, does anybody have an experience in submitting a corrected form if there was a small typo?

Thanks a lot!

05 Jul 06 - I-129F mailed to TSC

07 Jul 06 - I-129F received at TSC

11 Jul 06 - NOA1 from CSC

14 Jul 06 - Check cashed

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline

If I were in your situation, I would wait for the RFE to come. If you don't there is a chance the documents you send will never reach their intended location. I guess you could go ahead and send them now and just have additional copies ready to send just in case you get a RFE anyway.

Edited by snz1802

1/12/06 Mail I-129f express mail

1/13/06 TSC rec'd

1/23/06 NOA1 from CSC

1/27/06 - Check cleared

7/10/06 - NOA2

7/14/06- rec'd @ NVC

8/14/06- NVC sent petition to Consulate

8/17/06 - Korean Consulate rec'd Petition

8/23/06 - rec'd packet 3 from Consulate

8/25/06 - sent packet 3 back to Consulate

8/27/06 - got confirmation email from Consulate, they rec'd packet three

8/27/06 - requested interview date via Consulate internet site.

9/1/06 - Checked internet site for interveiw date, it was there

9/25/06 - Interview date - APPROVED

9/28/06 - Visa in Zaeems Hand - YEAHHHHH

1/6/07 - leaving for USA

1/20/07 - Wedding Date

1/20/07 - MARRIED!!!!!

2/10/07 - rec'd certified copy of marriage license

AOS

3/13/07 - AOS package rec'd at Chicago Lockbox

3/20/07 - Rec'd Social Security Card

3/21/07 - Checks Cashed and Case Status online

3/24/07 - NOA1 Rec'd for AOS and EAD

3/27/07 - rec'd Biometrics appt letter - scheduled for 4/20/07 @ 11:00am

4/02/07 - "touched"

4/20/07 - had biometrics appt.

4/21/07 - rec'd letter stating case was transferred to CSC

5/22/07 - rec'd Case Pending at CSC email

6/25/07 - EAD card production ordered

7/7/07 - EAD "touched"

7/7/07 - AOS "touched"

8-6-07 - Rec'd EAD Card in the Mail

5-20-08 - AOS INTERVIEW - APPROVED - PASSPORT STAMPED

7-2-10 - Received 10 year green card in mail

Filed: Timeline

Do you really need to send supporting documents and how much do you need to send? I have a few pictures but not much from my trip, I have an engagement ring, and I have my passport. When you look at the application they do not ask for much. I have a calling card and it doesn't tell you how many times I called so should I send an explaination with the calling card recipets? I have a few phone bills with numbers on it but according to the K1 visa you just send in the information and the fiance gives all the proof. Am I mistaking I am getting my packet to gether and I would appricate any input. Thanks, VJ.

إركا

[

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I would wait for the RFE. Another VJ asked kind of the same question and someone at VSC told him that s*** happens and documents can get lost there. VSC is a pretty reliable service center, so you can imagine what would happen at the other ones. Also, you're not sure you'll get the RFE, so...

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.