jhiggi83

New to the visa process

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mongolia
Timeline

Hi I sent out my I-129f on november 16, 2009 for my fiancee in UB, Mongolia. Doing everything myself and I am learning as I go. Any Information anyone can give about anything would help. And does being active duty miltary help your case any? Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
Hi I sent out my I-129f on november 16, 2009 for my fiancee in UB, Mongolia. Doing everything myself and I am learning as I go. Any Information anyone can give about anything would help. And does being active duty miltary help your case any? Thanks

If your paperwork was all complete about all you can do is wait. CSC can be very confusing as to how they process applications. You can sign up for updates at https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/selectusertype.jsp

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

This will help:

:guides:

They have very valuable information

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Yeah it was the step ny step guide that got me thru the paperwork but i hate waiting for so long need something to occupy my time

Turning in the I-129f isn't the end of the guide either. Start at least planning and preparing for the documents you will need to send her for her interview. Things like tax returns, you can start collecting now. And even things that you need dates a bit closer to the interview, go ahead and fill out PDFs with information that won't change, and make a list of everything that you will need to send, so when the NOA2 comes, you can go through it with both speed and accuracy.

Then when that is done, look at the AOS guide.

There will be times when it seems all you do is wait and others in which you feel like a maniac running around trying to collect everything. Make sure the manic times are at least well planned informed and not panic.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Being active duty military (thanks for serving!) doesn''t help in getting the visa itself, but if you are about to be deployed, you can ask for an expedite to her your fiancee here quicker, and instead of needing 125% of the poverty line for the affidavit of support, you will only need 100%.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.