Juicy-n-Jamaica

In need of Advice

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Ok I have some issues, to be brief... I met a Jamaican guy that I absolutely adore. We have been together for over a year now. During one of my trips to Jamaica I got pregnant ( not on Purpose), now i am about 35 weeks and having the baby in 5 weeks or less. We have not filed any petitions for him to come over as of yet. Do you all think its possible for him to get a visitors visa to come see his child? or is it better we file the fiance visa? Im not sure ikf Im posting in the correct place, but please someone weigh in and let me know what options I have

Mailed CR1 via Chicago Lockbox July 1, 2011

July 1 I-130 sent via Express Mail to Chicago Lockbox

July 4 Received UPS notifcation of delivery and signature

July 5 Received NOA1

July 8 Touched

July 11 Received Hard copy of NOA 1 in mail

Oct 13 NOA 2 (God I Thank You)

Oct 17 Petition arrived at NVC

Nov 9 Paid AOS Fee/mailed Next day delivery

Nov 17 Paid IV Fee/mailed next day delivery rec. 11/21

Nov 22 Case Complete..Look at God Case complete in 1 day

Jan 09 Medical Appointment

Jan 27 Interview Date/ Request Petitioner

Feb 02 2nd Interview/APPROVED

Feb 20 POE Miami

Jerimiah 29:11~ For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

The embassy has a schedule of interviews and you probably won't get an interview for a visitors visa in time to even try. The chances are slim it would get approved because they would see the baby as an indicator that he wouldn't leave

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Ok I have some issues, to be brief... I met a Jamaican guy that I absolutely adore. We have been together for over a year now. During one of my trips to Jamaica I got pregnant ( not on Purpose), now i am about 35 weeks and having the baby in 5 weeks or less. We have not filed any petitions for him to come over as of yet. Do you all think its possible for him to get a visitors visa to come see his child? or is it better we file the fiance visa? Im not sure ikf Im posting in the correct place, but please someone weigh in and let me know what options I have

I dont think he will get an interview in time for the birth and the Fiance Visa can take up to nine months from start to finish. Congrats on the baby :thumbs:

Wedding Day: December 15, 2009

oMQjm5.png

AOS

02/17/10: AOS Sent via UPS (Thank you Lord) (Sent Cashier's Check)

02/18/10: AOS Delivered (Signed for by CHIBA @ 9:12am)

02/24/10: NOA-1 Received via Email & Text

02/26/10: NOA-1 Hard Copy Received in the mail (I-485, I-765 & I-131)

03/02/10: Online Status Check Available

03/09/10: Touch (I-485) - Case Transferred to CSC

03/13/10: Biometrics Letter Arrived(Appt 3/24/10) (Finally) - Notice Dated 3/3/10

03/15/10: Transfer of Case Notice arrived in the mail

03/24/10: Completed Biometrics

04/07/10: EAD Card Porduction Ordered

04/07/10: AP Approved

04/12/10: Received AP Hard Copy in the Mail

04/12/10: EAD Document Production Ordered again (dont know why)

04/13/10: EAD Post-Decision Activity (I think they mailed it out)

04/15/10: EAD Arrived in the Mail

09/14/10: AOS touched - Case transferred to National Benefits Center (SMDH)

09/17/10: AOS touched - Case transferred to USCIS for processing (SMDH)

09/28/10: Interview Letter came in the mail (Interview 10/27/10)

10/27/10: Interview Done (Thank God now we wait)

10/29/10: Card/Document Production Ordered

11/03/10: Card/Document Production Ordered

11/04/10: Post Decision Activity

11/08/10: Green Card Received (No more stress until October 2012)

Timeline

unless he has some STRONG ties to jamaica, the chances of him getting a visitor's visa are VERY slim, esp when he gives an explanation of his fiance having his baby

just out of curiosity, why didn't you guys start the process sooner?

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I agree. Very tough to get a visitor's visa at all out of JA. IF you are planning on marrying, then yes, I think a K-1 is an option. If just using it to visit the child, better for you to just go visit him after birth. Regardless, NOTHING happens in 5 weeks in JA.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
unless he has some STRONG ties to jamaica, the chances of him getting a visitor's visa are VERY slim, esp when he gives an explanation of his fiance having his baby

just out of curiosity, why didn't you guys start the process sooner?

I'm not trying to get a visitors visa in time for the baby, I am speaking in General. We didnt start sooner because I was still legally married although I have been separted for 3 years. Now we can start the process without any holdups...thanks for the advice

Mailed CR1 via Chicago Lockbox July 1, 2011

July 1 I-130 sent via Express Mail to Chicago Lockbox

July 4 Received UPS notifcation of delivery and signature

July 5 Received NOA1

July 8 Touched

July 11 Received Hard copy of NOA 1 in mail

Oct 13 NOA 2 (God I Thank You)

Oct 17 Petition arrived at NVC

Nov 9 Paid AOS Fee/mailed Next day delivery

Nov 17 Paid IV Fee/mailed next day delivery rec. 11/21

Nov 22 Case Complete..Look at God Case complete in 1 day

Jan 09 Medical Appointment

Jan 27 Interview Date/ Request Petitioner

Feb 02 2nd Interview/APPROVED

Feb 20 POE Miami

Jerimiah 29:11~ For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.