Question about RFE's (and a little whining)

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Manuel and I are trying to be patient. (Him more so than me) We originally filed our I129F on April 4,2009. In August, we received what I was assuming was an RFE, stating that Manuel did not sign one of the forms. Due to the demographics of his location, we did not get it mailed back until October 2, 2009. This was the last date to send it in and we do have the signature and time stamp proving USCIS received it on time. But, we still have not heard anything else about the application. When I call,all USCIS says is that they received it, and they always add 'call us back in a week if you have not heard anything.' It is 7 weeks. Still nothing.

I was getting kind of frustrated with the whole process and situation. :wacko: I went to visit Manuel two weeks ago, and I was thinking in terms of getting married there, and refiling for spouse visa. Fortunately, Manuel has managed to remain sane through all of this. 'Patience' he keeps saying. :bonk:

Has anyone has a similar experience or any input into how much longer we might have to wait?

(Also, if any one notices that I have lost my mind during this process,will you please let me know and help me find it?)

Thanks!!!

Kathy <---- Woman on The Edge

Processing RFE's can take time, but considerable time has indeed passed.

Do you have an online account with USCIS? If not, you should sign up, so that you can check case progress and avoid having to call.

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard.do

Do you have an online account with USCIS? If not, you should sign up, so that you can check case progress and avoid having to call.

Yes. I do have an account set up. But, one of the operators said that on rfe's, they only reply by mail-No updates on the website. I don't know. I've been told so many different things, that I don't know what to think anymore.

But, thanks for your help.

Kathy

Yes. I do have an account set up. But, one of the operators said that on rfe's, they only reply by mail-No updates on the website. I don't know. I've been told so many different things, that I don't know what to think anymore.

But, thanks for your help.

Kathy

Perhaps you should consider an infopass appointment for current case status.....

Info: http://www.usimmigrationsupport.org/infopass.html

Appointment: https://infopass.uscis.gov/info_en.php

Edited by William33

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Tatiana and I have a similar situation (described in my signature), and I know about the frustration. And honestly, there is no reason obtaining any document or permission to marry someone if you are a citizen of this country should take as long as it does at times.

And I understand where Manuel is coming from. I try to be the voice of patience when it comes to disheartening news (or no news at all) during this process....but there are many times I just want to scream. Having a voice of reassurance is always nice and it seems Manuel is doing that for you.

the hardest aspect is that we are powerless during the wait-there is no definitive light at the end of the tunnel to focus on. So the wait seems to take forever. If I had the option, I would take days off my career and drive up to Vermont and sit in the lobby, waiting to walk the petition to the right desks and see that it gets out of there in one day. I'm smiling at the thought of that actually being a possible course of action. But it's not, so all I can do is reassure her, that in 30 years, we wont remember the months and months of waiting because there will be a lifetime of great memories that will cloud this time - so when the wait really gets bad, to just focus on those times that are ahead (your life together).

I read in an interview that one of the directors of the USCIS said there just isn't enough manpower to answer calls about each petition - but you'd think they could take calls on the petitions that are under RFE or review status. That would be nice.

Hang in there - each day is a small step forward to your life together.

- Ryan

05-21-2009 filed I-129F (check was not cashed for quite some time)

08-21-2009 contacted Senator's Office

09-01-2009 Petition received, NOA1 sent (finally)

10-09-2009 Petition approved, NOA2 sent

10-16-2009 NVC received

10-26-2009 NVC sent back to USCIS((( their reason: a USCIS office received this case from the State Department with a request that we review it. We will notify you when we complete our review, or if we need something from you

No RFE has been sent or received, no updates given, all trails end with recording or operator/officer who says must wait 180 days

1-26-2010 this will be the 90 day mark of the "review", I was told I can call back and issue a formal complaint if the case has not been touched by this date.

Still, we keep hope alive - I love her so much for staying strong.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi, I've been wanting to reply for the longest but just was just watching/reading what others would say.

I'm a september filer for a k-1 and in my forum that I join, almost everyone but 4 or so, received their NOA2;; even people who filed after me and some even received theirs in 2 weeks. It kills me that it's not first come first serve.

Unfortunately, immigration are government workers and they suck when it comes to doing their job on time and making clients happy. So.... we don't have much of an option other waiting (which can be heart wrenching and frustrating) and calling them, eventhough we get a different answer and reaction from each call.

K-1

09/17/09 Mailed I-129F

09/21/09 NOA1

12/04/09 NOA2!!!!

12/07/09 NVC Received Case

12/10/09 NVC Sent Case to Consulate

12/15/09 Consulate Recieved Case

12/21/09 Packet 3 Sent Out

2/12/10 Interview @ 8:30

APPROVED!!!!

2/26/10 POE @ JFK

Still haven't recieved visa yet: I was lucky enough to get my money back because the flight canceled.

3/2/10 Visa ready for pick up

3/3/10 visa picked up

3/3/10 POE @ JFK

5/1/10 Wedding

AOS

7/19/10 Mailed AOS Package

7/21/10 Package Received

7/27/10 Check Cashed

7/30/10 Recieved NOA

8/13/10 Case transfered to CSC!

8/18/10 Received biometrics letter

8/26/2010 Biometrics appt

9/13/2010 EAD and AP approved

9/18/2010 AP recieved

9/23/2010 EAD recieved

10/1/2010 Greencard Approved

10/09/2010 Greencard Recieved, DONE with USCIS until August 2012

Hang in there - each day is a small step forward to your life together.

- Ryan

Ryan,

I appreciate your words and I'm really sorry for your situation. It can get so frustrating !!! If only they would give us a straight answer, instead of a generic one. I think another of my gripes (here I go) is that the RFE they sent me said they had to have the paper back by October 2, 2009, no extention would be given. So, why were they in such a hurry to have it back, when it has just sat there for two months?(Okay I'm off my soapbox for now)But, if you decide to make that trip and sit in the office, let me know... the thought is kinda tempting :devil:

ALL WE WANT TO DO IS BE WITH THE PEOPLE WE LOVE !!!

You and Tatiana will be in my prayers, Ryan...

Hopefully, we'll both have good news soon.

Keep in touch,

Kathy

Timeline
Hi, I've been wanting to reply for the longest but just was just watching/reading what others would say.

I'm a september filer for a k-1 and in my forum that I join, almost everyone but 4 or so, received their NOA2;; even people who filed after me and some even received theirs in 2 weeks. It kills me that it's not first come first serve.

Unfortunately, immigration are government workers and they suck when it comes to doing their job on time and making clients happy. So.... we don't have much of an option other waiting (which can be heart wrenching and frustrating) and calling them, eventhough we get a different answer and reaction from each call.

It seems like the process is all over the place too. For us, it took us 3+ months just to even get the NOA1. While others get that part done within a week. All I keep thinking is, I'd hate to see the day when the government takes over health care, if this is how they process simple fiance visas!

It looks like you are still on track with your NOA1 - even though it has almost been 3 months. The wait is excruciating and unfortunately there aren't many options for us.

Im sure you'll see that NOA2 in the next few weeks, I've seen it take a few months in some other people. Hang in there.

10-16-2009 NVC received

10-26-2009 NVC sent back to USCIS((( their reason: a USCIS office received this case from the State Department with a request that we review it. We will notify you when we complete our review, or if we need something from you

No RFE has been sent or received, no updates given, all trails end with recording or operator/officer who says must wait 180 days

1-26-2010 this will be the 90 day mark of the "review", I was told I can call back and issue a formal complaint if the case has not been touched by this date.

Timeline

Kathy,

Yes! Hope for good news soon.

There should be a soapbox part of this forum where we can just go and vent. It's always nice to get thoughts off your mind, and for others to listen and learn. It's extremely helpful too.

The Lord knows I would have a few pages written in that one)))

ha ha

Hang in there!

- Ryan

10-16-2009 NVC received

Well... a small update...

Today I called USCIS and they actually said I should have had an answer by now. The customer service representative was really nice. She put me on hold, apologized, and then said they needed to do a service request inquiry. She gave me a confirmation number, then someone suggested I do a case status inquiry with my congressman, also. So, I followed through with both. Hopefully, we will hear something soon.

My prayers are with all of your guys!!!

Kathy

The following is the response our congressman's office received from their inquiry about our application... Is this just a generic answer given to all inquiries?

A review of the computer system shows that the petition is currently with an adjudicating officer for processing and the petitioner should be hearing shortly from this office. You are welcome to check status periodically.

Vermont Service Center

Congressional Unit

Thanks,

Kathy

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi Kathy,

I am from Mexico and I can perfectly understand Manuel, how he feels like, how patient he has to be. I am in the same situation than him, so Kathy please be patient as my fiance and I have been. It is really frustrating to wait and wait, but that is the only thing to do, no way.

My fiance and I filed the petition in March this year, we already got approved by the USCIS. Now I don't know how long we have to wait for the Ciudad Juarez invitation. Fortunately we can see a light at the end of the tunnel.

A message for Manuel:

Manuel, no te desesperes, vas a ver que todo va a salir bien; No sabes cuánto he llorado y rezado para que todo salga bien en mi caso. Yo soy de Veracruz y mi futuro esposo está aqui conmigo para consolarme.

Siempre piensa positivamente.

Kathy, I hope you get news soon. I wonder why it takes so long, you're not the only ones. Be always positive.

My future husband is right here with me and he also wishes you the best.

Another one waiting.....

Gilmore Girl

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.