Allie and Nigel

UK Vaccinations

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Nigel is telling me that he went to the doctors and they only have on record tetnus and tb. They wont do the other vaccinations because they are childhood vaccinations and they are in a course of a few months. How do we get these shots because they dont have record of the childhood ones and they wont do them again for him!

Do we have to just get them here in Arizona? That would be ####### but we're prepared for that however. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Allison. :star:

b2gel0s1sc.png

We're a April 2009 K1 filer, see our timeline for specifics....:-)

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Date Filed : 2009-01-31

Date: 2010-02-02

Bio. Appt. : 2010-03-09

EAD received: 2010-04-01

Interview Date 2010-04-29--APPROVED!

VISA IN HAND: 2010-05-28--WAHOOO!

Nigel is telling me that he went to the doctors and they only have on record tetnus and tb. They wont do the other vaccinations because they are childhood vaccinations and they are in a course of a few months. How do we get these shots because they dont have record of the childhood ones and they wont do them again for him!

Do we have to just get them here in Arizona? That would be ####### but we're prepared for that however. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Allison. :star:

Hmmm confused, hasn't he had his medical yet? If he needs MMR, he can get it at Knightsbridge. Varicella (chicken pox) he probably had as a kid, so he just needs to tell the physician this.

He doesn't need to have them for getting his K1 but he will need it for AOS. So if he does need his MMR you can wait until he's there and get a civil surgeon to annotate just his vaccinations. Did he tell them that he needs them for immigration? This may mean he will have to pay for them at the GP's (although it should be cheaper than at K'bridge)

I'm a little confused by the MMR because I didn't have the shots since they weren't available when I was a kid, but I did have both german measles (rubella) and measles. Hope I won't need a titre test to prove immunity, but anything that reduces the number of shots I'll need I guess!

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Timeline

Yes, he's had his medical. Over there they act all stupid...i donno...whatever. There's lots of civil surgeons here in Tucson cause we're a immigration town so he can do whatever...I dont care....this stuff makes me so frustrated.

b2gel0s1sc.png

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Yes, he's had his medical. Over there they act all stupid...i donno...whatever. There's lots of civil surgeons here in Tucson cause we're a immigration town so he can do whatever...I dont care....this stuff makes me so frustrated.

*grins and shoulder nudges you* Anyone ever tell you you're cute when you're grumpy? lol...

The GP sounds like they're avoiding costs and mebbe he's being typically bloke-ish about it and not actually asking the right Qs. If it was Ry and me, roles reversed, it would go something like this:

"I need an MMR vaccine."

"No you don't coz we only vaccinate kids with MMR."

"Oh, OK." ....

"Tish they said I can't get it."

"Did you tell them you need it for immigration."

"Nope, you didn't say I had to, you only said I should go get it."

"Well you need it."

"Oh FFS. So I have to go back?"

"Yup."

"More gas money?"

"Yup."

"So what do I say?"

"That you need it for immigration."

"What if they refuse to give it to me?"

(pause and count to 10) "Dude, forget about it. We'll figure it out when you're here."

"Ok......"

"Yup."

"You're sure tha...."

"Shut up about it already, we're moving forward."

"You're cute when you're mad."

"YOU'RE cute when you're stupid."

"Nuhuh!"

lol...

Oh, so point is, don't sweat it. He can get a CS in Tucson to do it for him if he needs it for AOS. You really don't need anything else on your plate to worry about right now :yes:

((hugs))

p.s. Is there anything English that you're craving that I can bring with in a couple weeks. Apart from Nigel, that is... lol

Timeline Summary:

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Timeline

Hehehehehehehe...........Ohhh, you have me pegged....we have to have hobnobs....mmhmm...i told Nigel I wont let him off the plane without them! jk....lol

Edited by Allie and Nigel

b2gel0s1sc.png

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Hehehehehehehe...........Ohhh, you have me pegged....we have to have hobnobs....mmhmm...i told Nigel I wont let him off the plane without them! jk....lol

Yeah, you Tucsonans don't kid about not letting us off the plane with some kind of food related offering. Ry's roomie told him to make sure I brought some McVities cookies (white chocolate and raspberry, specifically) and a cricket ball. I dunno what the ball is for but oh well, I aim to please. Ry's Dad blames me for rendering his milk dud addiction null and void, having sampled Maltesers. Ry just mumbles about our mad cows and the fact that I can't import beef. Apparently your beef and our old el paso taco seasoning just doesn't make tacos like my tacos in London taste. And from a Tucsonan, that's a mighty compliment. lol Customs always laugh at me when I declare I'm carrying food items. They ask what and I say, "chocolate. lots and lots of chocolate!" I figure they're used to us Brits fuelling the US nation with good chocolate.

Hobnobs it is! Milk chocolate covered or plain?

Timeline Summary:

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

If it was Ry and me, roles reversed, it would go something like this:

"I need an MMR vaccine."

"No you don't coz we only vaccinate kids with MMR."

"Oh, OK." ....

:lol:

:thumbs:

Allie, you say he's had his medical... did they write him off as incomplete because he didn't have his vaccinations? I'm asking because if that's the case, it seems your case would still be on hold anyway, even if it weren't for this ACPO business.

Strange they wouldn't give him the vaccines. I was in and out in a few minutes after having the MMR, even though it's a childhood injection. I suggest waiting until AOS, no sweating about it now. :)

I dunno, it caused a big delay in our AOS trying to get Nik's vaccinations here. See, first he needed an SSN (2 weeks). Then he needed to get on my insurance (1 week) Then they needed to get their databases to show that he was registered with a primary care physician (2 weeks) Then he needed to book an appointment (1.5 weeks)

True, it was only the cost of an office visit that he already needed to go to ($15), but now we have just started looking for someone to transcribe his vaccines!!!

Best to push hard to get it in the UK before he comes - mebbe you can get it at the health department or whatever, but may cost....

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Timeline
I dunno, it caused a big delay in our AOS trying to get Nik's vaccinations here. See, first he needed an SSN (2 weeks). Then he needed to get on my insurance (1 week) Then they needed to get their databases to show that he was registered with a primary care physician (2 weeks) Then he needed to book an appointment (1.5 weeks)

True, it was only the cost of an office visit that he already needed to go to ($15), but now we have just started looking for someone to transcribe his vaccines!!!

Best to push hard to get it in the UK before he comes - mebbe you can get it at the health department or whatever, but may cost....

No, no hold up from the consulate/medical because of vaccinations, I think he just needs 1 vaccination and you can get that here at the pima county health dept for cheap, there's so many south of the border folks getting their stuff done I think it wont be a problem. He has the 2 --tetanus and tb, so I think he just needs 1 other...I'll have to check that chart again. I'm just gonna be damn glad he's here and the rest is just peanuts...LOL...

b2gel0s1sc.png

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Hi had the MMR vaccine at my GPs before the immigration medical. The nurse was confused that an adult wanted it - she kept saying but it's only of use to children - especially as I had had measles and mumps as a child and had had the rubella vaccine at 13.

When I insisted that US immigration needed it she spent 15 minutes calling various people in the health authority trying to work out if I should be charged for the shot.

Eventually after about 5 calls which all went the same way..

"No, she's an adult....yes.....US immigration apparently....I know, how bizarre"

They all gave up trying to work out a price and gave me it for free.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.