MapleLeafBaby

Holiday Hoopla...the good, the bad and the ugly...share stories, ideas, recipes etc

243 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

If some of these people put half the time, energy, and resources into helping the less fortunate that they put into making our lives miserable the world would be a better place.

Montreal Interviewer: "What do you have in common with each other?"

Peachey: "We're REALLY weird."

Montreal Interviewer (incredulously to me): "Do you agree with that?"

<I think back to several days before the interview. Driving through the country, passing a field with cows...>

Peachey: "MOOOO! MOOOOO! Does this make me weird?"

Me: "No, well yes. Here, let me roll down the windows so they can hear you better!"

Peachey: "MOOOOO!!!!"

<back to interview>

Me: "Yes, yes I do."

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I lucked out with my in-laws.. I get along with all of them ... My MIL was awesome.. I really miss her.. she died a few years ago...

the people I don't really like to be around our my SIL's in-laws... I get along with them but I don't like them,, they are a bit snobby etc...

my mom didn't get along with her MIL.. my mom is a super nice person too .. I am not sure what she had against her.. and she kind of took it out against us kids too... my grandma that is..

(F) for MIL Marilyn... your suegra was a great lady :)

yeah she was... :)

she really was like a second mom to me ....

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

omg... thats insane. I'm super opinionated sometimes when people are being completely out to lunch, and in this case I'd make them pay for the organic food and purified water (that stuff is expensive when you're feeding a bunch of people!).

Its like they are all missing the point of the holidays. Its to be with your family having fun, and they are sucking that right out. When theres a list of rules to follow or you have to tred on eggshells to avoid being blown up at, when people are discluded - its not fun anymore, its selfish. My sister is going to learn that this year. She made a snide remark at me the other day about finances (shes unemployed and I am too, but I'm getting EI so in her mind I have money to waste still...). I offered to go halfsies on a present for my dad and she told me that I always make it sound like I can't afford gifts for anyone :blink: The thing I wanted to get for dad is a DVD box set of his favorite show and it runs about $70 bucks or so. Seeing as shes not working and money for her is super super tight and I need the money for the move in Jan I thought it would be a nice thing to do but no...apparently I'm stingy. Good thing I didn't buy her gift yet, she went from getting something she wanted to getting socks, and if she asks its because I wanted to get dad the gift he wanted and seeing as she thinks I'm stingy anyway I figured it wouldnt hurt her to get socks instead of the game she really wanted.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Chica Yeye -- I wonder if your cow and my witch are related... they sound very... similar! Mine wore all black to my wedding, I should return the favor by making sure that on her wedding, I look super beautiful... :D

Danu I agree that behaviors like this really destroys the holidays, or any other events thats important to the family.

I wonder what is up with the SIL's not liking each other though. I dont think its true for everyone -- my MIL love her SILs, and my mom gets along with hers. My brother is dating someone that is sooo wonderful I hope they marry cause she will be a super awesome SIL. I think it just depends on the woman I guess -- some are just born evil :P

Finally married... and still married... ;)

Green card received: March 18, 2011

Removal of Conditions:

GC Expiration: March 11, 2012

Documents sent: December 13, 2011

NOA-1 received: December 15, 2011

Check cashed: Red said yes when asked

Biometrics: January 25, 2012

Letter approving 10-year GC: September 7, 2012

Production of 10-year GC: September 15, 2012

Timeline

My BIL and I used to not get along but now we're on really good terms. We hang out, exchange music, he's a nice guy. Took him a while to grow up and get to the 'nice guy' part but at least he's there. I know I care about him, because if he were in trouble I would bail him out... whereas before I would have sat back and laughed. :P

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Timeline
Chica Yeye -- I wonder if your cow and my witch are related... they sound very... similar! Mine wore all black to my wedding, I should return the favor by making sure that on her wedding, I look super beautiful... :D

Danu I agree that behaviors like this really destroys the holidays, or any other events thats important to the family.

I wonder what is up with the SIL's not liking each other though. I dont think its true for everyone -- my MIL love her SILs, and my mom gets along with hers. My brother is dating someone that is sooo wonderful I hope they marry cause she will be a super awesome SIL. I think it just depends on the woman I guess -- some are just born evil :P

Maybe they are... this one resides in Calgary!!! :help:

p.s. name is Len ---mine, not the cow's :lol:

Edited by Chica Yeyé

Timeline
[

Maybe they are... this one resides in Calgary!!! :help:

Well mine is as cold as Calgary :lol:

Removal of Conditions:

***Update***

OK, so I just got off the phone with my MIL. She haz a zad obviously. Kinda went like this;

Len: MIL, we talked about Xmas because we know it is important for you; and we decided as a family that we do not want to be in a stressful or uncomfy situation so we are not coming over this year.

MIL :#######???? [Kidding] Oh! *sigh* Well.... they -Cow and BIL- why you will not be there :(

Len: MIL, we know you would like for them kids to get along, but it is what it is. (translation: :ranting: the day I have to give anyone reasons for the way we run our family) Enjoy them as much as you can, you can see us year round :)

MIL: Well, BIL will want to see Bren. :cry:

Len: :rolleyes: Mamma, that is not my job or yours; that is between them (translation: bullsh1t. If that was the case HE would call the redhead). And I told you mamma, this is not a fight I will have with my husband.

So there. The cat is out of the bag. I hope I rested my case enough and that it does not get nasty. htkxbai

lol...why is it that Holidays always brings out such family drama? lol...

So we were gonna try and save money and go get a real tree...but my husband changed his mind lol...of course...

He was telling some of his patients, and they started to give him slack for not saving the trees :( lol....

Isn't a fake tree made of wood? But I guess very little...and can be reused... plus it comes pre lit...so we are getting as fake tree from Lowe's this Friday...YEAY!!

My husband also just sent me a 'google' email invite, titled 'secret family outing' and I was an invited guest lol....so excited! I love surpirses.

We got to talkning yesterday...I am way more into Xmas than he is...so he is really trying to make an effort...plus I told him I want to make it memorable for my son...it's our first xmas in the US (the last two, my husband came to visit me)...i'm excited...I think he is taking us to a xmas show in the City :)

N-400 Citizenship

06/27/2014 Mailed N-400 Packet

07/02/2014 Tracking Confirmation Packet Rec'd @ USCIS

So we were gonna try and save money and go get a real tree...but my husband changed his mind lol...of course...

He was telling some of his patients, and they started to give him slack for not saving the trees :( lol....

Christmas trees are grown especially for...... Christmas! So they're a renewable resource. Plus most cities recycle them by grinding them into mulch.

Kind of like growing flowers and stuff. Do his patients tell him to save the flowers too? :lol:

iagree.gif

Timeline
Fake Christmas trees are made from petroleum products (plastic) and metal. No wood involved.

Which is equally as bad for the environment. :lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Fake Christmas trees are made from petroleum products (plastic) and metal. No wood involved.

Which is equally as bad for the environment. :lol:

Yup, cause you can't recycle them at all.

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

Timeline

So my husband's cousin and I just organized a Christmas cookies event two weekends from now! I am really excited. I think maybe I will try one of the yummy recipes you guys put up in the holiday recipe thread as Ive never actually done any of this :P I am gonna go get some holiday jammies too bec its a jammies only party! :dancing:

Removal of Conditions:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.