MapleLeafBaby

Holiday Hoopla...the good, the bad and the ugly...share stories, ideas, recipes etc

243 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Tomorrow my MIL and I are going Christmas gift shopping! I LOVE Christmas shopping... it seems sooo festive and frenzied and Christmasy!

Reading this, I imagine a murloc with a santa hat on running around screaming "Merry RAURUAUGHGHURGH!"

I am that dorky.

Stupid rain yesterday should have been snow, right DC? :star:

Not just a santa hat... but a HELLO KITTY santa hat.

AND YES. STOOOOPID rain. I think we could have cut the tree with snow but rain, GAAAAAAAAH. Oh well. Forecast is bright and sunny for the rest of the week!

Finally married... and still married... ;)

Green card received: March 18, 2011

Removal of Conditions:

GC Expiration: March 11, 2012

Documents sent: December 13, 2011

NOA-1 received: December 15, 2011

Check cashed: Red said yes when asked

Biometrics: January 25, 2012

Letter approving 10-year GC: September 7, 2012

Production of 10-year GC: September 15, 2012

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I went to my inlaws today to pick up all my Amazon boxes. I just brought them in now and opened them up. I just want to give them to everyone now. SO EXCITED! WEEE!

My dad has the perfect xmas tree ornament for you. I wanted to steal it and mail it to you. But I think that would make my dad real sad.

Err what is it?? :unsure:

You're too cute, Nev. :)

No! You are!!

:D

Donne moi une poptart!

I went to my inlaws today to pick up all my Amazon boxes. I just brought them in now and opened them up. I just want to give them to everyone now. SO EXCITED! WEEE!

My dad has the perfect xmas tree ornament for you. I wanted to steal it and mail it to you. But I think that would make my dad real sad.

Err what is it?? :unsure:

It was a seal on an ice rink and it said "Merry Christmas". I would have painted the rink to look like a disco tho.

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Timeline

I'm thinking about attempting some cookies. I have a sugar cookie recipe my mom and I used to make together what I was young. I just have a bad habit of completely ruining everything! My mom is an amazing cook and baker but I missed the gene...

New Muppets Christmas skit:

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Timeline

Today is my official baking day! Bought all the ingredients yesterday and going to spend the whole day baking :)

Im making pecan clusters, Peachey's shortbread cookies, brownie cookies, and a Filipino sweet dessert called yema (key ingredients: condense milk and sugar and more sugar!).

Im pretty bummed out though bec tomorrow's forecast calls for a snow storm. Now we might have to cancel the cookie party and might not be able to cut our tree :( *whinewhinewhine*

Oh well. Did finally get my stocking! And finished most of my gift shopping. :)

Removal of Conditions:

Timeline

I think we're going to do Christmas at the in-laws tomorrow, but the gift exchange will only involve my son. We bought my FIL a gift but it goes with a gift that my MIL bought him. She bought him a wii and we got him tiger woods pga golf... which is an awesome game for the wii. So we can't exactly give him that or we'll let the entire cat out of the bag.

We brought our wii over there on thanksgiving and everyone had so much fun with it, even my husbands grandparents were playing. So, my MIL thought it would be a great idea to pick one up.

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

My mom... *sigh*

So I call her this morning and she tells me she is going to Barrie for the day to do some more shopping and then says: "Hey I was at Staples looking at the digital cameras... they're on sale! I was thinking of getting one"

And I didn't say anything and I could hear her laughing and she asks: "Oh... I shouldn't??"

I was just like: "NO MOM!! You shouldn't"

She does this every year with at least ONE of her presents. She's evil. :lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I hope the camera isn't the Fujifilm F70 EXR, bought it a few weeks ago, and not happy with it at all! Shoul dhave just stuck with a cannon product!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

There is a lot of snow outside my house right now :P WHOA.

We might just have a White Christmas this year! And of course I left all my snow boots in Toronto :P

Removal of Conditions:

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

we are on our second Fujifilm camera, we upgraded from our other one... we quite like it...

last night we were at this dinner thing at the FIL's apartment complex and our SIl and her kids were there too.. well the one nephew asked if we were coming for Christmas and I said we weren't sure if we were coming on Christmas eve... then he looked kind of sad and said that he had made me something for Christmas (awwww :) ) and then I reassured him that if we didn't come Christmas eve that we would be coming on Christmas Day...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

My mom called me just a while ago to tell me she finished her shopping...

One of her presents to my husband and son are: matching Christmas sweaters. :lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.