Peachey

Has anyone inported a Nissan?

4 posts in this topic

Ok, so I called Nissan again today to get my letter of compliance and they asked if I had the work done to my car. I said "No, I just want the letter, and you can put on it that the daytime running lights don't conform, it's ok".

The girl explains that I can not get the letter until I modify my lights. So:

Step 1: Get a hold of the people at the department of transportation and ask what colour my lights need to be

Step 2: Get them modified at a dealership

Step 3: Dealership sends letter to department of transportation saying my lights have been modified

Step 4: Department of Transportation sends me a letter saying that my car is ok

Step 5: Sent said letter from DoT to Nissan

Step 6: Nissan sends me letter of compliance.

Doesn't this seem a little excessive? Also, the number the girl gave me for the DoT is a fax machine... Also, what is the DoT gonna do with a letter about a Canadian car? I don't really think they will care.

I have just over a month to get all these steps done, doesn't seem feasible to me.

Anyone imported a Nissan and had these problems before? If so, how did you go about it.

Thanks

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Ok, so Varba called the DoT for me since I was so frustrated and apparently I don't need to do a DAMN THING to my lights.

So I called Nissan back, told a different girl this, and she's sending me the letter, but with a note that says the daytime running lights need to be changed...

at least I'm getting the letter...

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I was originally going to bring over mY nissan--but sold it----but I called them up, and they faxed me the letter within minutes!! I just needed the vehicles VIN and that was it.

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Excellent :thumbs:

I see Danu had the same thing:

yeah, i have my nissan compliance letter, it doesnt say i need my daytime running lights disabled, just dimmed...I'm not going to bother. If nissan won't do it because its not economically feasible, neither will I :lol: I think its retarded that volvo is giving you such a hard time on everything pop. At this point I would be so furious I would make them take the damn thing back.

Flames almost imported his Nissan - I think he ended up giving it away before moving though

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/import/

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/import...anada07032.html

1 of the above links has the contact info for each car manufacturer to get the compliance letter! Some charge a fee, some do not!! Nissan didn't and faxed it to me within minutes. Ensure u have the VIN handy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.