Señor Bonito

What's the most memorable event in your sporting life?

27 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I presume most of us here are into sports, either as a player participant or as a fanatico. And as such, there should be that one particular moment or event that gave us the thrill of all thrills and will forever be etched in our memory.

For example, our buddy from East Texas and his wife would probably never forget that day when the missus caught her first bass. Or, perhaps that day when the Stanford Cardinal roughed up the once mighty USC Trojans, a day that my friend will always remember as he was in the bleachers at the L.A. Coliseum, so was his son who plays the saxophone with the band from Palo Alto.

Mine happened 25 years ago, at Bonita Golf Club outside San Diego. With a 7-iron in my hands, I made a hole-in-one at the 160-yard 9th hole. Wow, what a memorable sensation that was! As if I just kissed my first date when I was fifteen. That was my first ace, to be followed by another one 24 years later at Eagle Glen GC in Corona, Calif.

How about you?

moved to a new city at age twelve. was asked to play little league baseball. we made the playoff. bases were loaded I was the last at bat.

we were down two runs. I fouled off the first two pitches. THEN HIT A GRAND SLAM!!! INSTANTLY FAMOUS, NEW KID IN TOWN!!!!

Edited by john & jean

Timeline
moved to a new city at age twelve. was asked to play little league baseball. we made the playoff. bases were loaded I was the last at bat.

we were down two runs. I fouled off the first two pitches. THEN HIT A GRAND SLAM!!! INSTANTLY FAMOUS, NEW KID IN TOWN!!!!

Amazing! Did you make it to Williamsport, John?

By the way, I hope you realize that I was referring to you when I mentioned a buddy from East Texas and his wife catching her first bass! :star:

Amazing! Did you make it to Williamsport, John?

By the way, I hope you realize that I was referring to you when I mentioned a buddy from East Texas and his wife catching her first bass! :star:

YES,I thought that was referring to Jean, and her first bass :star: we are not golfers, but a hole in one is an amazing feat!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

2nd degree black belt tae kwon do, national quarterfinalist

1st degree black belt judo, midwest champ

State wrestling champ. All american AAU 4th nationally. University of Iowa.

State boxing finalist, second midwest ABF

But I see you are counting outdoor stuff. So once I was being chased by three Kodiak Island bears. They chased me off a deer I had shot. All three charging at once. I had two bullets left in the gun and three bears. Kodiak Bears can be 2,000 lbs. I had a deer rifle. A 30-06. Left my .44 magnum in the tent. Duh.

So I'm charging down this steep mountain. With these three guys breathing down my neck. The only way you can run from a bear is straight down the steepest terrain imaginable. As fast as horses on level ground. But downhill they have a hard time.

So I'm thinking to myself: "You can't buy entertainment like this. I hope I live through it..." And I got to my object, which was a cliff, and my intent was to climb out over it. Which is what I did, and those three heads came out over the edge, skidding to a stop and the snow falling down on my face...

I started laughing. So hard. But I vowed on that cliff to buy an elephant gun and never again be forced into that position.

And that's exactly what I did. I'm 5-0 on bears to date. But that event -escaping probably three thousand five hundred pounds of bears in my estimation...

Pretty thrilling.

I was in Hawaii a few years ago doing some Fishing off the Coast of the Oahu.

Stuck 2 nice Sword Fish, The fight to get them in was pretty cool

marlinn.jpg

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

When I was working as a nurse in Malaysia I had the opportunity to do bungee jumping, jumping from a cliff straight to the ocean and river rafting. Probably wont do them again here :) but it was fun.

Removal of Conditions :

August 16, 2010 - Petition received by USCIS Vermont Center

August 20, 2010 - NOA1 received

October 4, 2010 - Biometrics

January 3, 2011 - Permanent 10 yr. Green Card Received.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Olympic Archy Being a lefty I get to shoot nose to nose with real Olympians. And these people are so nice and normal not like other sports stars

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

offensive post removed. poster of that is directed to read the terms of service at:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...&page=terms

specifically, the portions:

Post Content intended to degrade, intimidate, or incite violence or prejudicial action against members of a protected group.

Make comments in a Post either direct or implied toward another member that are purposely designed to upset, antagonize, make fun of, belittle, or otherwise instigate an argument that takes away from the personal enjoyment of the Service by other users.

any repeat performances will result in my request for lengthy administrative action.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

2 great moments in sporting history:

The most exciting experience I have PERSONALLY had was when I went skydiving at 'Skydive Chicago' on 8/1/98. It was a perfect day, felt the rush of the freefall, and then glided under the canopy for about 4 or 5 minutes. I could see the fields below me gently rippling, and it was soooo peaceful! I still have the videotape and photographs from the experience.

Better yet was the Boston Red Sox winning the 2004 World Series, after 86 L-O-N-G years without a championship!!! For any long-suffering Red Sox fan, it was the moment of a lifetime. I laughed, I cried, and I was so glad that my grandmother had lived to see it! She was born in 1918, the last year they had won a World Series, and she wanted so badly to see them win another one in her lifetime. She saw it, although we lost her a little over a year later. But it was a wonderful moment in history for all of "Red Sox Nation"!!! (And then they proved they weren't a 'one-trick pony' team by winning it again in '06! ^_^ )

Do you see how big the sea is?

Do you see how big the sea is? My love for you is as big as the sea.

Do you see how far the sky is? My love for you is as far as the sky.

As big as the sea and as far as the sky I love you,

I waited for you, I called upon you, I drew you on the promenades,

You sorrow of my life, you tears of the flowers, you season of the birds,

How vast the forest is, my heart is as vast as the forest.

You who are drawn on my door, and drawn in my heart,

I waited for you a year, and throughout the year I would ask the walnut trees,

and I would see you in the sunny days, coming from the sunny days, and lost in the almond leaves,

How small is a tear, and I am just a tear in your way,

I want to vow a candle so that you would let me love you.

Fayrouz's song

K-1 Visa

AOS,EAD,AP.

Greencard Received : 2010/10/02

Date AP Received : 2010-10-04

Date EAD Card Received : 2010-10-06

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I had the pleasure to play against Maria Sharapova in an exhibition tennis match while the former Wimbledon champion was on a tour of Southeast Asia. This was 2 years ago and it was held at one of the clay courts at Burnham Park in Baguio City.

The first 2 sets were split, 6-3 & 3-6. I was leading 5-3 in the final set and was ahead, 40-30, in the game that I was serving. It was match point, and I was on the verge of beating Maria, and fantasizing about all the glory and everything that goes with being a tennis star. My serve was too long and the line judge yelled “FAULT”! I heard the yell loud and clear and it woke me up from a fantastic dream! :whistle:

arizona_fi_huge_md_clr.gif

Timeline
I had the pleasure to play against Maria Sharapova in an exhibition tennis match while the former Wimbledon champion was on a tour of Southeast Asia. This was 2 years ago and it was held at one of the clay courts at Burnham Park in Baguio City.

The first 2 sets were split, 6-3 & 3-6. I was leading 5-3 in the final set and was ahead, 40-30, in the game that I was serving. It was match point, and I was on the verge of beating Maria, and fantasizing about all the glory and everything that goes with being a tennis star. My serve was too long and the line judge yelled “FAULT”! I heard the yell loud and clear and it woke me up from a fantastic dream! :whistle:

What a fabulous dream! I wish I can dream that I'm the only lady driver at NASCAR and I win the Daytona 500 on my first try! :star:

aka Señorita Tessa, Señora Bonita, Mariquita Linda, Muñequita Linda, Amor Perdido y Chaparrita Chula!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

my first triple play in softball, age 10 :D WOW.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

What a fabulous dream! I wish I can dream that I'm the only lady driver at NASCAR and I win the Daytona 500 on my first try! :star:

The grapevine says that Danica Patrick might join NASCAR soon; so it will be you and Danica against Jimmie, Jeff, Junior and the rest of the good ol' boys!

arizona_fi_huge_md_clr.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.