Francksgirl

Divorced my ex and next filed for k1....but now I see this is a red flag?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

My Love has his interview soon...but we have 2 major red flags. A 13 year age difference...petioner being older but I really don't think this is a big deal cuz if they request pix they will see we are perfect together. Ok....is it awful to have gotton divorced, flew to France the same day to be with My Love, and the next day my lawyer mailed away our k1 petition! I simply divorced from being in a dead marriage soooo I could finally be getting my Honey here with me! Please tell me why the consulate would look down on this? Interview is in December! Alllll I want for Christmas is my Love to be home!!!!! Thank you in advance for your comments!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

The age difference isn't relevant.

You were free to marry when you submitted the 129f petition.

Now it's down to the evidence supplied to the CO. If you prove a bona fide relationship you ought to be fine.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

My Love has his interview soon...but we have 2 major red flags. A 13 year age difference...petioner being older but I really don't think this is a big deal cuz if they request pix they will see we are perfect together. Ok....is it awful to have gotton divorced, flew to France the same day to be with My Love, and the next day my lawyer mailed away our k1 petition! I simply divorced from being in a dead marriage soooo I could finally be getting my Honey here with me! Please tell me why the consulate would look down on this? Interview is in December! Alllll I want for Christmas is my Love to be home!!!!! Thank you in advance for your comments!!!

As long as you have evidence of you guys having a bona fide relationship and meet the financial requirements you won't have any problems unless there are "skeletons in someones closet".

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

It's France. They won't care. They MAY, just maybe, ask your fiance(e) if they knew you were still married when you started seeing them, nothing more than that. Age makes no difference in France, no matter who is older.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Now it's down to the evidence supplied to the CO. If you prove a bona fide relationship you ought to be fine.

Oh that we have but will they take the time to look at it all? 100 pictures from our visits together, (my Honey was here 3 Times once for 89 days and I went to France once for 9 days) ticket copies with immigration stamps, tons of phone bill records that we talk 2-3 hours everyday, letters and cards from me, gmails, printscreen on our skype correspondance, letters from 3 of my closest friend who have seen us together, myspace, facebook...I'm thinking this is good...

Timeline

Oh that we have but will they take the time to look at it all? 100 pictures from our visits together, (my Honey was here 3 Times once for 89 days and I went to France once for 9 days) ticket copies with immigration stamps, tons of phone bill records that we talk 2-3 hours everyday, letters and cards from me, gmails, printscreen on our skype correspondance, letters from 3 of my closest friend who have seen us together, myspace, facebook...I'm thinking this is good...

Probably they won't. Probably they will not need to. I brought a TON of stuff. They looked at exactly FOUR photos and nothing else. Visa approved without a single question, NONE.

I carried all that stuff back out with a big smile on my face and did not regret bringing any of it.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Probably they won't. Probably they will not need to. I brought a TON of stuff. They looked at exactly FOUR photos and nothing else. Visa approved without a single question, NONE.

I carried all that stuff back out with a big smile on my face and did not regret bringing any of it.

Hi! Did you have this happen in your case........with the divorce? I know it's a different country.......but just curious!?

Timeline

Hi! Did you have this happen in your case........with the divorce? I know it's a different country.......but just curious!?

I could say "yes" actually. Alla was divorced 5 years before we met. When we started to gather documents we got out her divorce certificate and found that on this one page document they had mis-spelled her name 3 times and NONE were correct. She took it back to the proper ministry and paid a bribe so we could get the corrected document that day rather than wait the normal "Ukrainian 3 weeks". $10 to the clerk got us the document in about 20 minutes and we walked out happy campers. But then...HORROR>>>Alla sees that they dated the new, corrected, divorce certificate for that day!!!!!!!! Saying she was divorced February 22, 2008! I said "good enough for government work, the name is correct and you are free to marry" We sent the petition a couple days later and never had a question. As far as anyone in the government knows, or could prove, she was divorced Feb 22, 2008

Gary And Alla

Timeline

I could say "yes" actually. Alla was divorced 5 years before we met. When we started to gather documents we got out her divorce certificate and found that on this one page document they had mis-spelled her name 3 times and NONE were correct. She took it back to the proper ministry and paid a bribe so we could get the corrected document that day rather than wait the normal "Ukrainian 3 weeks". $10 to the clerk got us the document in about 20 minutes and we walked out happy campers. But then...HORROR>>>Alla sees that they dated the new, corrected, divorce certificate for that day!!!!!!!! Saying she was divorced February 22, 2008! I said "good enough for government work, the name is correct and you are free to marry" We sent the petition a couple days later and never had a question. As far as anyone in the government knows, or could prove, she was divorced Feb 22, 2008

Thank You Gary!!!!! So, they really didn't hassle you with this then........I really don't see why this is an issue.......you're in a dead marriage......you divorce so you can be with your love!! I don't see why this should even be an issue with the consulate.......I'm not worried now!!! Thank you for posting your history!!! You are always helpful with information!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I dont think that you will have a problem. i was married at the time my fiance and i met. my divorce had been dead for 4 years and did not know how to locate ex. so i had to go the long route to get a divorce. we started out process in march had interview on november 10 and they took his visa. they did give him a 221g for AP but said that it was normal. So now we are just waiting to her back on AP but praying for the best outcome. so dont be stressed you will be ok.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Well, my fiance in Nigeria just got approved at his interview in Lagos. I am 5 years older than him and I was also divorced. My divorce was finalized just three weeks before I mailed out petition !!! I also only got to see him in person for just ten days. He was approved so easily. He took two photo albums to interview and 10 pounds of evidence. Tell your fiance to be confident and practice the questions. Don't worry

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

It's France. They won't care. They MAY, just maybe, ask your fiance(e) if they knew you were still married when you started seeing them, nothing more than that. Age makes no difference in France, no matter who is older.

It doesn't make any difference if the beneficiary is french, now if you go through Paris embassy's reviews, you'll see it becomes different if the beneficiary is from MENA and only resides in France (which is quite common).

Other than that, Paris embassy doesn't seem to require any evidence of outgoing relationship, just bring a few to make sure.

Last significant immigration event:

ROC: Approved : 04/17/2013

USCIS works in mysterious ways...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.