Jim1969

USCIS Director Gonzalez to Participate

100 posts in this topic

Correct, in that certain action can gain results. Action on the part of USCIS would be first.

Second, bitching to the Undersecretary of DHS-USCIS on a PR campaign, does not.

He will not see your questions, and flooding the site only makes it less likely that he will.

The most effective way to get results thus far, was Kitkat1's suggestion of contacting your State's Senator. That is where the chatter goes on between people that can make a difference. Believe what you will, But a practical perspective would suggest the following, if you were Gonzalez or his staff, and had 16000 questions sent in, you would only see 4 or 5 hard luck cases that would be addressed. He is not online for 1 month. In reality, 1 hour, think about it. The Senator route is the way to go.

What I can't believe is that more people have not responded to this thread. It seems that if someone puts up a thread to complain about how slow the process is progressing 50,000 individuals reply. However, here we have a solid chance to have our collective voices heard and it seems, at least from the lukewarm response this thread has received, that not many people plan on submitting a question. I can guarantee that if as many people that complain on this forum actually "officially" voiced their concerns this process would speed up overnight.

This is the U.S. people. Why is it that so many people worldwide want to come here? Not only for a higher standard of living, but also because we truly have a government that (whether you love it or hate it) is ultimately accountable to its citizens.

Let our voices be heard. Do not just complain about the problem, do something about it.

An interesting concept is that some people read this thread, submitted their question, and then didn't feel the need to post about it. Which is more important? Submitting your question to the USCIS or posting it here? Talking an issue to death doesn't solve it, action does.

Edited by William33

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uling:

about your timeline and the molested thing ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, It offends me and I'm asure others would agree.

I am offended by your excessive and incorrect use of the comma, not Uling's timeline.

Edited by mrc

I also submitted a few questions... Thanks! Hopefully we can cause some awareness and create a better outlook on this stressful and frustrating situation.

Uling:

about your timeline and the molested thing ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, It offends me and I'm asure others would agree.

My apologies! I'm not here to offend anyone! I'm here to share, learn, grow, and support others in this struggle to secure our love one's position in our beloved country. Please focus your energy on the common goal in uniting as one voice so our plight can be heard, responded too, and more importantly... RESOLVED! By the way, I'm not changing it!

Go Buttons it's your B-day! LOL!

Edited by Uling

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Filed: Timeline

The "molested" thing in his signature doesn't offend me at all. Of course, I was "fondled" on the same day, and the next day I got lucky in the back seat....

Edited by Cian
Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

The "molested" thing in his signature doesn't offend me at all. Of course, I was "fondled" on the same day, and the next day I got lucky in the back seat....

LMAO... NICE!

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

I also submitted a few questions... Thanks! Hopefully we can cause some awareness and create a better outlook on this stressful and frustrating situation.

Uling:

My apologies! I'm not here to offend anyone! I'm here to share, learn, grow, and support others in this struggle to secure our love one's position in our beloved country. Please focus your energy on the common goal in uniting as one voice so our plight can be heard, responded too, and more importantly... RESOLVED! By the way, I'm not changing it!

Go Buttons it's your B-day! LOL!

Yay! I love B-days :dance:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

hahahahahaaaaaa i just busted a gutt! you bloody #######!!!!!!!!!

Filed: Timeline
Correct, in that certain action can gain results. Action on the part of USCIS would be first.

He will not see your questions, and flooding the site only makes it less likely that he will.

The most effective way to get results thus far, was Kitkat1's suggestion of contacting your State's Senator. That is where the chatter goes on between people that can make a difference. Believe what you will, But a practical perspective would suggest the following, if you were Gonzalez or his staff, and had 16000 questions sent in, you would only see 4 or 5 hard luck cases that would be addressed. He is not online for 1 month. In reality, 1 hour, think about it. The Senator route is the way to go.

Agreed. I've contacted both of my senators. One of them actually replied. lol The other one must be far too old to bother with such things.

In the interest of disclosure, and since AstroM33 seems so concerned about it, here is/are the question(s) I asked:

Because the USCIS chose to reorganize its' offices at the same time that it was still reeling from IMBRA, many US citizens with fiance(e)s in other countries are now stuck in limbo. Foreign fiance(e)s have been reduced to living with friends, being without jobs, having to cancel wedding plans, and other things. What is being done at the USCIS - specifically CSC - to increase the speed of the K1/K3 process? For instance, a fiance(e) visa for the UK takes as little as 2 weeks, while the US varies from 2 months to 2 years. How is this huge of a difference possible?
Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Cian

It's about economics! If your fiance(e) if from a "developed" country. They breeze through the system. Fiance(e) from third world countries have to hang on and enjoy the ride becuase it's long. I could be wrong, but that's what I think...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

QUOTE(William33 @ Jul 21 2006, 08:33 PM)

Sorry, but I disagree. There is a difference between taking the opportunity to voice a concern over agency procedures and bitching. I am in PR and have worked for a large biz lobby as well, so I know a little about what government officials and the public responds to. Regardless of the screening of questions, a pattern in mere volume will not go unnoticed. Believe it or not, squeaky wheels really do get greased. Even if he only fields a few questions, others will be noted.

We are not powerless and we do not need to bend over and take it. Will we ultimately reap any benefits? Perhaps not, but this system needs to be addressed.

Edited by MN&UK

March 9 - filed I-129F to Nebraska

March 15 - NOA#1

June 1 - transferred to CSC

July 11 - IMBRA RFE back with CSC

August 3 - NOA#2

August 6 - touched

I asked questions and will ask my family to do the same. :thumbs:

Thanks for the post.

Removing Conditions

May 29 2009 - Vermont received I-751

June 01 2009 - NOA

July 13 2009 - Biometric

Oct 22 2009 - E-mail - card ordered

Oct 23 2009 - Received letter - approval date 10/19.

And you are welcome to do so! That is what makes this site so good.

Senior Government officials are "insulated" from mass complaints, issues and otherwise. They may get a small "indication" of the concerns raised, but it will be extremely watered down.

I am not here to discourage this effort, I am just hoping that it does not take precedence over the Senator contact.

At this point, Gonzalez appears to be a juicy target, but at the end of the day, legislators get more results than appointees. A proven statistic.

QUOTE(William33 @ Jul 21 2006, 08:33 PM)

Sorry, but I disagree. There is a difference between taking the opportunity to voice a concern over agency procedures and bitching. I am in PR and have worked for a large biz lobby as well, so I know a little about what government officials and the public responds to. Regardless of the screening of questions, a pattern in mere volume will not go unnoticed. Believe it or not, squeaky wheels really do get greased. Even if he only fields a few questions, others will be noted.

We are not powerless and we do not need to bend over and take it. Will we ultimately reap any benefits? Perhaps not, but this system needs to be addressed.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So, a three pronged approach - hit the Congress, hit the newly minted Director of USCIS, who wants to make a good first impression and hit the media. Ba Bam!

Edited by MN&UK

March 9 - filed I-129F to Nebraska

March 15 - NOA#1

June 1 - transferred to CSC

July 11 - IMBRA RFE back with CSC

August 3 - NOA#2

August 6 - touched

Roger that.. This is the way to get us noticed!!!

So, a three pronged approach - hit the Congress, hit the newly minted Director of USCIS, who wants to make a good first impression and hit the media. Ba Bam!

Filed: Other Country: Tonga
Timeline
Has anyone else seen this while checking your status?

USCIS Director Gonzalez to Participate in "Ask the White House"

On Monday, July 24, USCIS Director Emilio T. Gonzalez will be featured on Ask the White House, an online, live interactive forum. You may submit questions for Director Gonzalez in advance at the White House website.

Here is your chance to flood their forum with questions. I posted one question and I did not see a limit.

So fire away with the questions on the website :dance:

My 2 cents.

Why so slow in processing K-129F petitions? Each stage of this process is so 1980 paper work shifting. Why not move into advanced computer transfer of files where a person would apply and expect consistent file locations.

Super fast and super secure computer systems have been around for a long time. One could do away with the infamous Diplomatic pouch. :yes:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.