Susan73

NOA, I797 and Bometrics letter

10 posts in this topic

Ok I may sound ignornant but I am confused.

I filed my 751, they received it Nov 2nd, check cashed and on Nov 18th I got a letter from USCIS.

It says I797 Notice of Action. It has my application number

below that it says in bold - ASC Appointment Notice

and in the body of the letter it says I need to get fingerprinting done on Dec 10th etc etc and when and where to go for it....

Now what is this letter..A NOA or Biometrics or what???

Do I still have to get anyother letter?

When do i get a letter saying my GC has been extended for another year. My GC expires jan 31st 2010.

Someone please tell me coz im all stressed out now....and dont want to mess anything up due to my lack of knowledge....

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

Hi, Susan73

My NOA is "I-797C", Notice of Action

And it said

"Your Conditional resident status is extended for a period of one year"

So, your NOA is Biometrics letter, I think.

I don't remember who, but I saw some people same as you here before.

To the best of memory, they used Infopass and get stamp for extension on passport or something.

I hope you'll get right information here from someone...!

I'll put your name on "November Filers" thread. I'll see you there...!

Hi, Susan73

And it said

To the best of memory, they used Infopass and get stamp for extension on passport or something.

Thank you Yurika & Jim for replying...

My Letter says Notice of Action 797

But it is an ASC appointment letter for my biometrics.

So I guess I will get another NOA which will extend it by 1 year.

Since my GC expires only jan 31st i will wait and getinfo pass 1 month before it expires...if I go now they wont stamp it I guess.

I hope someone who knows will reply to this. :help:

Thank you for adding me to Nov filers.... :)

Hi, Susan73

And it said

Your 797C is your NOA1 - this is the 1 yr extension letter you can use for travel while waiting for your 10 yr GC. ASC is the biometric letter which you might receive at most in 30 days. I already received my NOA1 but unfortunately there is a typo error in my name. I called USCIS and made correction about it hopefully will receive another NOA1 in 30 days or just have a stamp on my passport during my biometric .

Riza

Since my GC expires only jan 31st i will wait and getinfo pass 1 month before it expires...if I go now they wont stamp it I guess.

God is Great .. God is good... all the time..

N_-400

12/13/2010- SEnt The packet

12/22/2010- The packet was returned due to missing page.

12/23/2010- Resend the packet with complete pages.

12/29/2010- Check cashed in

01/03/2010- Receive NOA

01/10/2011- Email from USCIS for the Required Evidence( Finger printing)

01/26/2011-Biometric Schedule

02/07/2011-USCIS online status update-

02/12/2011- Received Interview Letter Scheduled March 14

02/12/2011- Received Descheduled letter

02/17/2011- USCIS online Status update

02/22/2011-New IL arrived schedule for March 29

02/22/2011-Descheduled Letter Again ( 2nd Time)

02/23/2011- I called USCIS and I was told new schedule in the computer for March 22

02/23/2011-USCIS ONline update....

03/01/2011-Interview Letter for March 22 @ 7:15 AM

03/22/2011- Interview and Oath; US Citizen

Hi, Susan73

And it said

Your 797C is your NOA1 - this is the 1 yr extension letter you can use for travel while waiting for your 10 yr GC. ASC is the biometric letter which you might receive at most in 30 days. I already received my NOA1 but unfortunately there is a typo error in my name. I called USCIS and made correction about it hopefully will receive another NOA1 in 30 days or just have a stamp on my passport during my biometric .

Riza

Riza,

if this Biometric letter is also my extension, why does it not mention anything about extention...all it says is appear for FP!!!

In the second paragraph it states that you will be receiving ASC appointment notice which is the biometric letter right?

Biometric letter is not the NOA1 ( 1 yr extension ).

Edited by ED*Riza

N_-400

01/03/2010- Receive NOA

02/23/2011- I called USCIS and I was told new schedule in the computer for March 22

In the second paragraph it states that you will be receiving ASC appointment notice which is the biometric letter right?

Yes I guess there are 2 NOA's NOA1 which is a 1 year extension and then a Biometric letter for fingerprinting.

The NOA! is supposed to arrive first but in my case its over 3 weeks but no NOA! as yet. Instead I got the Biometric letter 10 days after they received my application.

I called USCIS yesterday asking if an NOA1 has been sent out and if not will they send one out...the man who answered was pretty rude....he kept questioning me instead of simply telling me what I need to do..then finally he told me to wait for 30 days after mailing the application before calling them up asking why I didnt get any NOA.

He said i really didnt have any question??? :unsure:

I asked him if I the NOA1 was important for the Biometric and if I needed to take it with me....all he said was 'FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTION ON YOUR LETTER!'

So for those of you who are waiting for an NOA1, please wait for 30 days and then call USCIS or they will talk to you as if your crazy....

I know waiting for 30 days is difficult..Im very impatient too..but just wait for 1 month...then call.

I felt like a fool after that call... :crying:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Yes I guess there are 2 NOA's NOA1 which is a 1 year extension and then a Biometric letter for fingerprinting.

The NOA! is supposed to arrive first but in my case its over 3 weeks but no NOA! as yet. Instead I got the Biometric letter 10 days after they received my application.

I called USCIS yesterday asking if an NOA1 has been sent out and if not will they send one out...the man who answered was pretty rude....he kept questioning me instead of simply telling me what I need to do..then finally he told me to wait for 30 days after mailing the application before calling them up asking why I didnt get any NOA.

He said i really didnt have any question??? :unsure:

I asked him if I the NOA1 was important for the Biometric and if I needed to take it with me....all he said was 'FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTION ON YOUR LETTER!'

So for those of you who are waiting for an NOA1, please wait for 30 days and then call USCIS or they will talk to you as if your crazy....

I know waiting for 30 days is difficult..Im very impatient too..but just wait for 1 month...then call.

I felt like a fool after that call... :crying:

There are 2 different notices. The extension letter clearly tells you that your status has been extended for 1 year. This is what you'll use to get your drivers license extended. You'll also need that incase you travel outside the U.S. while waiting for the 751 to be approved. Typically the extension letter comes first followed by the biometrics appointment 2 to 3 weeks later. It's just that got yours reversed. No big deal. if by the time you go for your FP you still haven't recieved the NOA for extension you can request to have your passport stamped. Don't lose sleep over this.

David-Mae from September filer also did not receive NOA1 and only got biometric letter. She made an info pass for GC stamped on her passport. I do plan to have an info pass as well since my name on my NOA1 is misspelled or maybe during my bio they can stamped my passport.

N_-400

01/03/2010- Receive NOA

David-Mae from September filer also did not receive NOA1 and only got biometric letter. She made an info pass for GC stamped on her passport. I do plan to have an info pass as well since my name on my NOA1 is misspelled or maybe during my bio they can stamped my passport.

Thank you guys!!

Will wait till this long weekend is over then probably if NOA 1 doesnt show up will get the info pass thingy done.....

Thank you for replying....I feel better now.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.