Kimbear

noa2 expiration date and reaffirmation

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello all,

Finally received the hard copy from uscis reaffirming my original noa2. However it does not have a new noa2 date anywhere on it.

it's just a regular plain i-797c notice with the following written on it:

This is to advise you that we have reaffirmed our previous decision on the above application or petition which the Department of State had previously returned for review. We have forwarded the case back to the Department of State for action.

That's it. receipt date is same as our original noa1 in march and the notice date is nov 12. There is no new validity date or anything on it.

My original Noa2 has an expiration date of Dec 6th, which is in 19 days. Now since it was originally at NVC and was given a file number will it go straight to my consulate or will it go back to NVC again? Will Nvc auto extend the date?

I am extremely worried about this now and DOS is closed so i cannot call them.

The last thing i want is for this to sit on a shelf again only to be picked up and looked at with the "oh so sad it's expired" and return it again, or whatever they do with expired petitions!

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

I think you need to call and they will give it an extension.. im not completely sure! From other posts I have seen thats what happend tho.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
I think you need to call and they will give it an extension.. im not completely sure! From other posts I have seen thats what happend tho.

Hi Kimbear,

k.loveh also had her NOA2 re affirmed as well. She will be a good person that can help you on this.

Star

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
Hello all,

Finally received the hard copy from uscis reaffirming my original noa2. However it does not have a new noa2 date anywhere on it.

it's just a regular plain i-797c notice with the following written on it:

This is to advise you that we have reaffirmed our previous decision on the above application or petition which the Department of State had previously returned for review. We have forwarded the case back to the Department of State for action.

That's it. receipt date is same as our original noa1 in march and the notice date is nov 12. There is no new validity date or anything on it.

My original Noa2 has an expiration date of Dec 6th, which is in 19 days. Now since it was originally at NVC and was given a file number will it go straight to my consulate or will it go back to NVC again? Will Nvc auto extend the date?

I am extremely worried about this now and DOS is closed so i cannot call them.

The last thing i want is for this to sit on a shelf again only to be picked up and looked at with the "oh so sad it's expired" and return it again, or whatever they do with expired petitions!

Hi Kimbear, :)

You will have two I-797c letters. First, the one you've mentioned above and then a 2nd I-797c which is the actual new Approval letter. This 2nd one will have the new expiration date and the same reciept date as your original and should arrive in a few days to a week.

You'll have to go through the same steps as before. The USCIS sends the petition back to NVC and the NVC sends you a letter (just as the first time) to inform you they've forwarded your re-affirmed petition back to the Embassy. From here, you will need to submit the relationship evidence, pcc's (if they're more than a year old at time of next interview), completed forms, etc. just as the very first time you went through this. Every step required is the same as before, except for the fact that we were given a new case number by the Embassy. The new case number was not on our notification letter from NVC. So don't be surprised when the Embassy emails you and refers to a totally different case number. When I inquired about it, the Embassy in Delhi told me that once a case is returned to USCIS, they are not able to use the original (even if they wanted to) and is why we were assigned a new one. No further explanation was given.

PM me if you have any questions and I'll be more than happy to tell you all that I can.

Edited by k.loveh

K-1 Visa

Consulate : New Delhi, India

I-129F Sent : 2008-03-05

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-03-20

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-05-22

NVC Received : 2008-05-29

NVC Left : 2008-06-05

Consulate Received : 2008-06

Packet 3 Received : 2008-06

Packet 3 Sent : 2008-07

Packet 4 Received : 2008-07-16

Interview Date : 2008-08-25

August 25, 2008- Placed on A.P.

December 17, 2008- Petition Returned to USCIS for further review.

February 4, 2009- Received notice the USCIS has received returned petition.

June 4, 2009- Petition Reaffirmed by USCIS.

July 10, 2009- NVC sent Reaffirmed petition back to U.S.Embassy, New Delhi.

August 10, 2009- Embassy notified via email that they've received the Re-affirmed petition assigned with a 'new' case number as well as mailed Packet 3.

August 20, 2009- Embassy sent as an email attachment, the DS-230, Applicants Statement and Cover letter to Packet 3.

August 20, 2009- Mailed and Emailed request letter to Embassy to extend validity date of petition.

August 25, 2009 - Embassy received request to extend validity letter.

Sept 2, 2009- Embassy confirmed their receipt of the completed DS-230 and Applicants Statement.

October 29, 2009- 2nd Interview date- Visa Approved!

November 4th, 2009- Received Passport with Visa intact!

December 4th, 2009- Fiance arrived in U.S. - MARRIED Dec. 7th!

February 23rd-Mailed AOS Packet

March 3rd, 2010-Check Cashed

March 6th, 2010-Received AOS Receipt Notice

March 29th, 2010-Biometrics

Sept. 14, 2010-GC Interview -Approved!

Timeline

Thanks K.loveh

That eases my mind a bit. But i wont feel "safe" until we actually do see the new approval. I did notice today that there was another new touch on our file online at USCIS. And of course calling DOS did nothing except upset me and get me yelled at and hung up on :(

Why can't these agencies have better inter conectivity and networking? USCIS tells me to call DOS, Dos tells me to call Uscis. ARGH! Makes me really wonder if i want to move from Canada to the USA sometimes sigh. All i know is i want to be with David, that's all i care about.

Thanks for the help :)

HWDWm6.png

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

ok so now i'm really getting worried. my noa2 expires this weekend. NVC still does not have it. They say nothing they can do until they get it. USCIS says there is nothing they can do. We've called congress every day for the last weke or so with no answer.

we still have received nothing new in mail. uscis is now telling me i have to wait 180 days to contact them again, this was in reply to my email i sent them.

Thank you for your inquiry. Our record shows that an inquiry was received on September 17 2009 and it was responded according to our current policy. You have been advised that your application was returned to this office from the US Consulate via the National Visa Center for further review and processing. You should receive a notice of action within 180 days. It has been nearly 90 days since the date we responded to your inquiry. You need to wait 180 days before submission of another inquiry. Therefore, no further action will be taken at this time.

umm what the !@#$. where is my paperwork and why the hell can i not get ans answer from anyone on the validity of my peition being extended if it expires at the end of this week!

and if it does expire without anyone having it what does that mean? do we have to restart the while damn process over again? this is absolutely rediculous! We are going on 9 months now.

HWDWm6.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.