Jasman0717

My beautiful wife is very irresponsible

188 posts in this topic

My sweet little Claudeth is a wonderful, giving woman but ......

Hi Jim! At El Prado GC, does she keep the scorecard? If she does, then she might pencil down a 5 for herself instead of a 7. And for you, she might write down a 7 instead of a 4 or 5. After the round, she'll tell you she beat you by18 strokes and that you have to treat her to a steak dinner with a glass or two of cabernet to chase it down! :lol:

She doesn't practice enough to play :blink: She is along for the ride and to tell me how to play golf :whistle: You didn't know that my wife knows everything about everything did you :blush:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Oh my, she's like a little kid that needs some spanking for having these bad habits! :bonk: She's lucky that you have an enormous patience for her .Maybe you need to be a little harder this time? Show some tough love and see if there will be any changes in her behavior? :devil:

You may be on to something here about little kid. I am finding out that her parents are the same way so I know where she got this. I just sent them some money (5000p) to pay the water and electric bill otherwise both would have been shut off. So, being the good and mature adults that they are, they went and bought a stinking camera with that money and then started hounding my business partner for money. My partner didn't know what was going on so she gave them another 9500p.

I have not idea what to do here. I am seriously thinking putting a lock on all the food storage and shutting off the hot water supply to the house while I am gone. I used to have 9 people living in my house and they used less kilowatt hours than we currently do. Ugh :unsure:

maybe you should fix her smaller portioned plate for her... then IF she wants more she can go back.

I am dieting so don't eat what she eats. She has lots of red meat and tons of rice. I got to cerriitos just so I can buy Jasmin rice in 50 pound sacks. Do you know how much a one pound bag of rice in Vons costs? It is about $5. 50 pounds at the Filipino grocery store is about $26

The holidays are coming up. Make plans and both of you can go serve homeless people at a soup kitchen. Let her see how good she has it and how life really can be. Things like that have been known to change a person and maybe she can find her calling and do something in the social services field, or start volunteering. It can't hurt to try. And if you have to not tell her and make the little "trip" a suprise, then so be it. Good luck.

Claudeth's memory is like a blackboard, you can write on it all day and the next day it is all clean again :P

Wow that is a lot if you use more electricity now than before.

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

I have no immediate answers or flippant responses, but....

1. cut the soap bars into 1/8 size back in the workshop, only keep 1 soap cutting in the bathroom.

2. replace all of your dishes with 5 inch tea saucers. Really - ALL OF THEM.

Good Luck !

:lol: Excellant! :thumbs:

Sometimes you got to know how to hold em, and when to fold em..

I'm not giving up on her just yet. she is just way too much fun to be with. I just wish I could teach her responsibility and conservation. :unsure: If worse comes to worse I will just live with it. I was just wondering if anyone else has a Filipina that has similar habits and manorisms and if so how they deal with it.

[new shoes could be the proverbial carrot. :thumbs:

That might work Charles :P

I have no immediate answers or flippant responses, but....

1. cut the soap bars into 1/8 size back in the workshop, only keep 1 soap cutting in the bathroom.

2. replace all of your dishes with 5 inch tea saucers. Really - ALL OF THEM.

Good Luck !

:thumbs:

let her pay the utility bill, maybe this way she will realize how much you're paying, and show to her how much you spent on buying those foods she just wasted and ask her to cook very little :whistle: .

Are you kidding, she is too busy buying cheap junk jewelry at this little store she likes over on Bristol :wacko:

Why do you think her family let her come the US?

After the camera episode her family has been cut off. I have already told my business partner to not give them any more money.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
maybe you should fix her smaller portioned plate for her... then IF she wants more she can go back.

That's what I was thinking. Or make a lot less when cooking.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

[my 2 cents:

- use liquid sopa instead of bar soap - She can use a bottle of that in one shower

- do "light check" everynight before you both go to sleep... assign the task to her. she is not allowed to go to bed without ensuring that all lights are off - This morning while I was taking a shower she turned the closet light on because she was afraid of the dark :wacko:

- give her a small plate. Though she would fill her plate full, she would be able to consume them. Anything I would do she would just take back to the kitchen and get a bigger plate

- tell her to find a job or limit her allowance. :lol:When she had a job she spent all her earnings on cheap jewelry and shoes (Charles knows about the shoes)

- dont spoil her. She is like the cat in Shrek, hard to resist that look :P

She's sure proving how little respect she has for you.

The question is - how much respect do you have for yourself?

You know, a guy has to press for marriage counseling or some kind of probationary period before he fires a wife. You owe them that because it's a wife, not a girlfriend. But with behavior so childish and disrespectful you have to lay down the law and mean it.

Or else shut up and be a door mat. Not a great set of choices. So sorry about that.

Sorry, this is more a tongue in cheek post. I love my wife very much and have learned to live with her anoying habits. I was just wondering if others married to a Filipina have experienced similar habits.

I do appreciate everyone's comments. I might have to have her read them.

Ok, I am off for my morning walk.

Filed: Timeline
Oh my, she's like a little kid that needs some spanking for having these bad habits! :bonk: She's lucky that you have an enormous patience for her .Maybe you need to be a little harder this time? Show some tough love and see if there will be any changes in her behavior? :devil:

You may be on to something here about little kid. I am finding out that her parents are the same way so I know where she got this. I just sent them some money (5000p) to pay the water and electric bill otherwise both would have been shut off. So, being the good and mature adults that they are, they went and bought a stinking camera with that money and then started hounding my business partner for money. My partner didn't know what was going on so she gave them another 9500p.

I have not idea what to do here. I am seriously thinking putting a lock on all the food storage and shutting off the hot water supply to the house while I am gone. I used to have 9 people living in my house and they used less kilowatt hours than we currently do. Ugh :unsure:

That was very disrespectful for her parents to take advantage of your kindness like that.

I bet that they clean you out before it is all over... :whistle:

If you will lay down like a rug, You should EXPECT to be walked all over. :thumbs:

You SHOULD be blaming yourself here, because you allowed yourself to be treated this way.

WOW! :blink:

hey, you know what would be a very good solution??

Make her aware of how much you earn, how much taxes are, the expenses, the bills, the groceries per week,

let her know how much money is going into the savings, fill her in on all these.. and believe me she'll have an eyeopener...

well it works with me lol.. hubby lets me know everything, i am a shopaholic but I do like looking at a bigger digit on the savings account so I don't go overboard with it.. I know that works with my parents too.

or you could also try just giving her a budget for an entire week, and let her know she must be able to spend that money for all the food you need, so that she'll be aware of the prices too..

Women from the philippines are supposed to be really good at budgeting, and our country is not full of kings and queens...

I think she is abusing the blessings your family has...

Luke 18:27 Jesus said" what is impossible to men is possible with God."

Philippians 4:13 I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.

03/02/09-k-1 visa starts

09/09/09-K-1 visa approved

10/24/09 - WEDDING

11/09/09 - AOS

02/25/10-GC approved

08/26/10-319B n400 starts

11-09-10 Interview 10 AM >Approved

11-09-10 oath 2 PM Fairfax, VA

All glory, praises, thanksgiving and admiration belong only to God.

Jeremiah 29:11 "for i know the plans i have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you¬ harm you, plans to give you hope & a future"

She's sure proving how little respect she has for you.

The question is - how much respect do you have for yourself?

You know, a guy has to press for marriage counseling or some kind of probationary period before he fires a wife. You owe them that because it's a wife, not a girlfriend. But with behavior so childish and disrespectful you have to lay down the law and mean it.

Or else shut up and be a door mat. Not a great set of choices. So sorry about that.

Sorry, this is more a tongue in cheek post. I love my wife very much and have learned to live with her anoying habits. I was just wondering if others married to a Filipina have experienced similar habits.

I do appreciate everyone's comments. I might have to have her read them.

Ok, I am off for my morning walk.

don't worry you are not alone, i know some women (some of mom's friends) who are so proud about demanding so much money from their american boyfriends... They must think white men don't run out of money after awhile..like they grow in trees.. And believe me, I have witnessed those that will just spend the money as if they were a one-day-millionaire.. usually it's those who didn't grow up to have a lot that do this..

The money is overwhelming so they enjoy it as much as they can, i know it's ironic they should be thinking of saving but sadly, they really don't. They enjoy the feeling of having the freedom to spend more than what they are used to and not a care if there will be enough for tomorrow...

Edited by newlyweds

Luke 18:27 Jesus said" what is impossible to men is possible with God."

Philippians 4:13 I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.

03/02/09-k-1 visa starts

09/09/09-K-1 visa approved

10/24/09 - WEDDING

11/09/09 - AOS

02/25/10-GC approved

08/26/10-319B n400 starts

11-09-10 Interview 10 AM >Approved

11-09-10 oath 2 PM Fairfax, VA

All glory, praises, thanksgiving and admiration belong only to God.

Jeremiah 29:11 "for i know the plans i have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you¬ harm you, plans to give you hope & a future"

Filed: Timeline
...have been thinking of sending her to the Philippines for a visit.

I caught the wife trying to cook tuyo by starting a fire on the front porch. After dousing the fire, I told her she can't play with matches any more. :wacko:

I wonder if we could get a group rate, one way... :whistle:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
hey, you know what would be a very good solution??

Make her aware of how much you earn, how much taxes are, the expenses, the bills, the groceries per week,

let her know how much money is going into the savings, fill her in on all these.. and believe me she'll have an eyeopener...

well it works with me lol.. hubby lets me know everything, i am a shopaholic but I do like looking at a bigger digit on the savings account so I don't go overboard with it.. I know that works with my parents too.

or you could also try just giving her a budget for an entire week, and let her know she must be able to spend that money for all the food you need, so that she'll be aware of the prices too..

Women from the philippines are supposed to be really good at budgeting, and our country is not full of kings and queens...

I think she is abusing the blessings your family has...

:thumbs: :thumbs: Totally agree with this post. I am not sure how involved she is with your earnings, so it might be a good start to show your earnings to her. Awareness is good start, have some long term goals for her, like if she can save XX amount within 3 months, she can buy something bigger for herself.

Not just individual goals but have goals as couple as well. I would assume you have your own house and all those luxuries, so find something like a trip together to some exotic place or getting a cabin up somewhere. Point is if she knows exactly knows where the money comes from she will have more respect towards it.

As a kid we never had worry about money, you don't born with knowing the value of money, your parents provide for whatever you ask for but at some point when your parents start involving you with their household budget and say it directly how hard or easy it is for them to provide, one starts realizing things much faster. May be that's what she needs to do, realizing the value.

About Jasmin rice, may be try amazon, I buy rice from there, much cheaper than the price you have stated plus its home delivered.

Well reguardless of how she is with this stuff...it is annoying, it could always be worse. At least she loves you and doesnt go and break things just because she is mad right? At least she isnt like some of the horror stories that i have read on here.

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.