inzango

District PCC from Gujarat India

19 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi all,

My wife lives in Surat, Gujarat. She had to get a new passport due to name error in her father's name. So she ony got Passport (Regional) PCC because on mumbai ambassy website, it says you only need Passpory PCC if your passport is 6 months old.

This is what's posted on Mumbai Embassy website:

Indian citizens residing in India for six months or more since turning 16 years of age must present Indian police clearance certificates from both their district police

station and the local area passport office. Applicants whose passports were issued within six months of the visa interview may present just the passport office certificate. These certificates are valid for one year from the date of issuance.

When she went to get the District PCC the first time, they said they no longer provide district PCC's. They were saying the law was effective sometime in August.

There was also a news article about it on Mumbai Embassy website. But when I visited that article link last week, it was removed.

We submitted DS-230 with only passport PCC and we are waiting for the interview date. Is it safer to get the District PCC and submit it at the time of interview?

I don't want our case to put on hold just because of not getting District PCC.

Please give me some advise. I really appreciate it. Thank you!

I'm soooooooo worried :o

CR-1/NVC
November 16, 2009: Sign-in Failed!!
November 16, 2009: December interviews already scheduled. Operator told me to wait for a possible January interview date. Call back in the 2nd week of December
November 30, 2009: Been trying to call NVC but line busy since late after noon. Finally, got email appointment letter from NVC with the Interview date of January 19, 2010. Yeppe Alhamdulillah>
December 24, 2009: Medical Done and report recieved the same day.
January 11, 2010: Medical submitted at VFS. They asked for: Copy of Packet 3, Appointment letter, and Passport. They told her to take a copy of I-864 and the documents submitted with it, at the time of interview with other proof of relationship documents.
January 19, 2010: VISA APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
January 21, 2010: Visa recieved in mail (Package included passport with visa stamped, sealed big brown envelop to be submitted at POE immigration at the airport, and instructions to apply for SS Card)

USA
February 07, 2010: POE Chicago --> Very easy, within 45 minutes
March 02, 2010: SS Card recieved in mail. Welcome letter recieved in mail as well
March 13, 2010: GC Recieved in mail

January 29, 2015: N-400 Application submitted

Timeline

Quick answer is really appriciated Please!!!

CR-1/NVC
November 16, 2009: December interviews already scheduled. Operator told me to wait for a possible January interview date. Call back in the 2nd week of December
November 30, 2009: Been trying to call NVC but line busy since late after noon. Finally, got email appointment letter from NVC with the Interview date of January 19, 2010. Yeppe Alhamdulillah>
January 11, 2010: Medical submitted at VFS. They asked for: Copy of Packet 3, Appointment letter, and Passport. They told her to take a copy of I-864 and the documents submitted with it, at the time of interview with other proof of relationship documents.
January 21, 2010: Visa recieved in mail (Package included passport with visa stamped, sealed big brown envelop to be submitted at POE immigration at the airport, and instructions to apply for SS Card)

USA
March 02, 2010: SS Card recieved in mail. Welcome letter recieved in mail as well

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Write a letter explaining the situation. I think Mumbai allows you to bring it to the interview. Good luck!

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Timeline

Writing a letter will not help because NVC and Mumbai Embassy are not up to date. I need someone's opinion who has gone through the same process.

CR-1/NVC

USA

Timeline

Have you tried calling/writing NVC?

You will need a police clearance certificate. For Mumbai, I'm given to understand you may present it at the interview.

You're good on the PCC from the RPO if the passport was issued less than 6 months ago.

event.png

Timeline

No, I didn't call about this. My wife already got Regional PCC and sent it with DS-230 package. I'm confused about District PCC.

Thanks for ur help! I will try to contact them.

CR-1/NVC

USA

Timeline

Do that.

If her passport is less than 6 months old, then I believe you don't need a PCC from the regional passport office that issued the passport in the first place.

A PCC from the local/district PS is mandatory.

I got the latter first. Took me 3 weeks in Calcutta and then submitted it to the RPO, got my second PCC in a week.

event.png

Timeline
No, I didn't call about this. My wife already got Regional PCC and sent it with DS-230 package. I'm confused about District PCC.

did you get PCC from ahmedabad passport office ? My wife tried to get PCC but they refused to issue it without the appointment letter.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
Hi all,

My wife lives in Surat, Gujarat. She had to get a new passport due to name error in her father's name. So she ony got Passport (Regional) PCC because on mumbai ambassy website, it says you only need Passpory PCC if your passport is 6 months old.

Indian citizens residing in India for six months or more since turning 16 years of age must present Indian police clearance certificates from both their district police

station and the local area passport office. Applicants whose passports were issued within six months of the visa interview may present just the passport office certificate. These certificates are valid for one year from the date of issuance.

When she went to get the District PCC the first time, they said they no longer provide district PCC's. They were saying the law was effective sometime in August.

There was also a news article about it on Mumbai Embassy website. But when I visited that article link last week, it was removed.

We submitted DS-230 with only passport PCC and we are waiting for the interview date. Is it safer to get the District PCC and submit it at the time of interview?

My fiancée also lives in Surat and had to get a PCC from the district office. We submitted Packet 3 in person and Packet 4 went to VFS as required by Mumbai consulate and the officers reviewed everything and took what they needed. A few days later they called my fiancée on the phone regarding her passport pictures because she was wearing contacts, so told her to bring two new ones at the interview. I suggest you go to Mumbai Consulate and talk to someone there as well. Or you contact an agent.

Timeline
Do that.

If her passport is less than 6 months old, then I believe you don't need a PCC from the regional passport office that issued the passport in the first place.

A PCC from the local/district PS is mandatory.

I got the latter first. Took me 3 weeks in Calcutta and then submitted it to the RPO, got my second PCC in a week.

No you got it all twisted. It's the other way. I just called NVC and they said if her passport is less than 6 months old, she only need Regional PCC, which is Passport PCC. And she doesn't need Distrcit PCC, which is Local PCC. But I'm gonna call Mubai Embassy just to be on the safe side.

CR-1/NVC

USA

Timeline

did you get PCC from ahmedabad passport office ? My wife tried to get PCC but they refused to issue it without the appointment letter.

No my wife got the PCC from Surat. She only got Regional/Passport PCC.

Getting PCC from Ahmedabad is kind of hard.

Take:

NOA2 color copy, DS 3032, Packet 3 instructions, I-864 fee paid reciept and the document cover sheet with bar code and a letter requesting PCC.

CR-1/NVC

USA

Timeline
Hi all,

My fiancée also lives in Surat and had to get a PCC from the district office. We submitted Packet 3 in person and Packet 4 went to VFS as required by Mumbai consulate and the officers reviewed everything and took what they needed. A few days later they called my fiancée on the phone regarding her passport pictures because she was wearing contacts, so told her to bring two new ones at the interview. I suggest you go to Mumbai Consulate and talk to someone there as well. Or you contact an agent.

How old is your fiance's passport? Is it less than 6 months old? If it is less than 6 months old, did you still get both PCC's?

I'm going to call the Mumbai embassy and ask them about this matter. thanks!

CR-1/NVC

USA

Timeline

Ok. Sorry if I had my information mixed up. I had to get both so I told you what I know.

Best ask Mumbai.

Also email NVC and keep the response. Should the issue come up at the interview, you can back up your answer with the email from NVC.

event.png

Timeline

Thanks sachinky,

I really appreciate your help. no worries about the mix up. It's cool. Ok I'll email NVC and the Mumbai Embassy as well. I'll post the update as soon as I get a response. :)

CR-1/NVC

USA

Timeline

I emailed NVC and Mumbai Embassy earlier today and waiting for their reply.

CR-1/NVC

USA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.