TdotGirl

SAVE MONEY!!! ;)

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up on how to save money on all the passport photos that are required throughout the journey...

First: I found the cheapest place to get 2 (they wouldn't allow me to just buy one, which I found unreasonable but I got over it, lol) professionally taken passport photos (although you could totally do this yourself, I was just lazy and felt better about having someone else do it).

Second: I taped both photos on top of large coloured sticky notes and then taped that to white paper.

Third: Went to Staples to have them colour copy it on "80LB Cover Gloss Letter" paper.

Fourth: Took my time to precisely cut around it (the coloured sticky notes makes this easy for you to see the edges *wink*).

And what was the total of 10 pictures, which includes the 2 originals???

$13.50 (including tax, y'all!)!!! *breakdown: $10.15 for the photos, $3.35 for the copies

Obviously, you don't have to go to Staples..any printing place will do (just use gloss cover stock paper) and they will usually print one page for free to show you how it looks prior to buying.

Don't waste your money buying, SO MANY, actual passport photos. Every penny saved counts for something, especially when it comes to this process :thumbs:

*True Love Has No Boundaries. Well... Except The US Border, Of Course!*

Service Centre: Vermont

Consulate: Montreal, Canada

I-129F Sent: 2009-03-05 *Finally!*

I-129F Received: 2009-03-06 *Package officially signed for*

Cheque Cashed: 2009-03-11 *Woohoo!*

I-129F NOA1: Dated- 2009-03-09 *Woohoo!*

I-129F RFE(s): *Prayers were answered!!! NONE!*

I-129F NOA2: Dated- 2009-07-31 *OMG! LOVE IT!!!*

Packet 3 Received: 2009-08-14 FINALLY!!!

Packet 3 Sent: 2009-09-02 *Totally procrastinated..sighs*

Packet 3 Received at Consulate: 2009-09-03 *Thank you, Canada Post*

Packet 4 Received: 2009-10-27

Interview Date: 2009-11-23 *APPROVED!!!*

Visa Received: 2009-12-03 *PRAISE GOD!!!*

US Entry: 2009-12-27 *YAAAY!*

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
I just wanted to give everyone a heads up on how to save money on all the passport photos that are required throughout the journey...

First: I found the cheapest place to get 2 (they wouldn't allow me to just buy one, which I found unreasonable but I got over it, lol) professionally taken passport photos (although you could totally do this yourself, I was just lazy and felt better about having someone else do it).

Second: I taped both photos on top of large coloured sticky notes and then taped that to white paper.

Third: Went to Staples to have them colour copy it on "80LB Cover Gloss Letter" paper.

Fourth: Took my time to precisely cut around it (the coloured sticky notes makes this easy for you to see the edges *wink*).

And what was the total of 10 pictures, which includes the 2 originals???

$13.50 (including tax, y'all!)!!! *breakdown: $10.15 for the photos, $3.35 for the copies

Obviously, you don't have to go to Staples..any printing place will do (just use gloss cover stock paper) and they will usually print one page for free to show you how it looks prior to buying.

Don't waste your money buying, SO MANY, actual passport photos. Every penny saved counts for something, especially when it comes to this process :thumbs:

Thanks for the idea. But, they are actually really reasonable here. I can get 6 pics passport style pics for 7.99. Thanks!

I can get 6 pics at CVS for under a dollar.

I use photoshop to clone 6 2x2 pics on to a 6x4 template.

I print one out and there you have it.

Nobody can beat that.

Yes I submitted it to USCIS and it was accepted, NOA1 in record time.

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

03/29/-04/06/10 - AOS sent/rcd; 04/13 NOA1; AOS 2 NBC

04/14 $1010 cashed; 04/19 NOA1

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

06/28 EAD mail; travel 2 BKK; return 07/17

07/20/10 interview, 4d. b4 I-129F anniv. APPROVAL!*

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-05-16 Lifting Cond. - I-751 sent

2012-06-27 Biom,

2013-01-10 7 Mo, 2 Wks. & 5 days - 10 Yr. PR Card (no interview)

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I use this website http://epassportphoto.com/ which takes care of having everything lined up then I save a copy and have it printed at Snapfish or Walgreens (some walgreens will refuse to print them though)

3.8 cents per picture from Walgreens (it prints it to 5 on a 4x6 page and the 6th one is their company info)

Edited by Bob-KhaHan

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I used http://www.portraitbooth.com/ online & printed at Walgreens for 19 cents or so.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.