Nightstorm

Info regarding N-400

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi everyone,

I got married in 2005,and in feb 2009 i got my permanent green card and now i want to file for my citizenship. My husband filed for divorce (1 week ago) just before I could apply for my citizenship.

Now my problem is that he does not want to help me get my citizenship and i need his info to fill out the form H-400.We are still going to be married for 6 months (we live in Ca) till the divorce is pronounced. Is there any way to find out his info if i dont have access to his personal documents?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

How are you applying for citizenship on the basis of 5 years residence in the US or 3 years residence and 3 years married to a USC. If the latter you cannot now apply as you have to be living together in a stable relationship, just being married isn't enough.

What information for your spouse don't you have. Just looked at my N-400 and for the wife it was name, address, date of birth and social security number. If you are applying on 5 years residence do you need anything else?

Edited by Lansbury

What to expect at the POE - WIKI entry

IR-1 Timeline IR-1 details in my timeline

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-21 Applied for US Citizenship

2009-08-28 NOA

2009-09-22 Biometrics appointment

2009-12-01 Interview - Approved

2009-12-02 Oath ceremony - now a US Citizen

Hi everyone,

I got married in 2005,and in feb 2009 i got my permanent green card and now i want to file for my citizenship. My husband filed for divorce (1 week ago) just before I could apply for my citizenship.

Now my problem is that he does not want to help me get my citizenship and i need his info to fill out the form H-400.We are still going to be married for 6 months (we live in Ca) till the divorce is pronounced. Is there any way to find out his info if i dont have access to his personal documents?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You got your green card in February 2009 and you want to apply for a citizenship now???? You need to wait 2 more years for that (if based on marriage) and 5 years if based only on residency. Basically you will be able to apply February 2011 (minus 90 days if you're in hurry).

1285270uwjm9gdss7.gif 1258764lk0t479j1w.jpg dev131bfs__.png

Boy I hear you in my dreams

I feel your whisper across the sea

I keep you with me in my heart

You make it easier when life gets hard

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
You got your green card in February 2009 and you want to apply for a citizenship now???? You need to wait 2 more years for that (if based on marriage) and 5 years if based only on residency. Basically you will be able to apply February 2011 (minus 90 days if you're in hurry).

The OP said permanent GC was issued in Feb 2009 which most people mean is the 10 year card. Assuming they had a 2 year conditional card before they can apply based on 3 years of marriage.

What to expect at the POE - WIKI entry

IR-1 Timeline IR-1 details in my timeline

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-21 Applied for US Citizenship

2009-08-28 NOA

2009-09-22 Biometrics appointment

2009-12-01 Interview - Approved

2009-12-02 Oath ceremony - now a US Citizen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.