Allie and Nigel

Subject Access vs ACPO....

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Well for you guys who know me and my crabbing about this whole thing, Nigel got his Subject Access today which SHOWED his spent conviction and the information needed on it. So we are sending it off to the consulate Monday with the courier. Kinda pointless that ACPO thing when you have convictions more than 15+ years ago! So this shows the whole thing....well Nigel had 1 thing on there and 3 blank pages...lol.

Sooooooooo folks stand by for the result later!

b2gel0s1sc.png

We're a April 2009 K1 filer, see our timeline for specifics....:-)

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Date Filed : 2009-01-31

Date: 2010-02-02

Bio. Appt. : 2010-03-09

EAD received: 2010-04-01

Interview Date 2010-04-29--APPROVED!

VISA IN HAND: 2010-05-28--WAHOOO!

Timeline

Best wishes you almost there!!!

My fiance interviewed Oct 15, 2009 London Embassy

We submitted additional requested documents via courier Oct 20 : expected wait time 10-15 working days...

Sept 21, 2008 - Met through a mutual friend and started dating

Feb 19, 2009 - 1st Trip to London, UK

Feb 26, 2009 - Engaged

June 26, 2009 - 2nd Trip to London, UK

-----------------------------------------------

4/2/09 Sent I-129F to VSC

4/6/09 I-129F received by VSC

4/6/09 NOA1

4/8/09 Check cleared

4/9/09 Touched

4/11/09 Received NOA1 in mail

8/17/09 NOA2 - approval email

8/21/09 NOA2 hardcopy in mail

8/21/09 NVC sent to US Embassy London via DHL

8/27/09 Received hardcopy of notice from NVC that package was sent to US Embassy London

9/14/09 Call US Embassy London - confirmed package 3 was sent to fiance

9/16/09 Mailed Completed Packet 3 forms to US Embassy

9/18/09 Received Packet 3 from Embassy - POSTAL STRIKE DELAYS

9/22/09 Medical Interview

10/11/09 I-134 from co sponsor sent directly to US Embassy London with delivery confirmation

10/15/09 Visa Interview (Blue form - visa application suspended: return I-134 from co sponsor and passport)

10/19/09 ANOTHER copy of I-134 from co sponsor and passport sent to Embassy via secure courier

12/4/09 Letter from Senator inquiry - Chief at Embassy said no originals of I-134 were sent : O

12/8/09 FedEx Original I-134 from co sponsor to Embassy

12/8/09 Phone interview to me from Embassy regarding my fiance

***Visa received

***US entry

***Wedding - ????????????????????????????????

03/31/10 Fiance UK student visa expires : O

We submitted additional requested documents via courier Oct 20 : expected wait time 10-15 working days...

Would you like to be added to the interview tracking thread? Just let me know!

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Well for you guys who know me and my crabbing about this whole thing, Nigel got his Subject Access today which SHOWED his spent conviction and the information needed on it. So we are sending it off to the consulate Monday with the courier. Kinda pointless that ACPO thing when you have convictions more than 15+ years ago! So this shows the whole thing....well Nigel had 1 thing on there and 3 blank pages...lol.

Sooooooooo folks stand by for the result later!

Yay!!

Would be funny if he ends up flying out on American Airlines from LHR via Dallas on Dec 10th. That's when kiddy and I are heading that way. 28 days today, I'll be cuddled up (fast asleep with jet lag more like!) with the fella.... not that I'm counting days or anything... lol

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Timeline

I have worked for 2 police forces in the UK and I am horrified at this. This is not supposed to happen (but can assure you, it does, sometimes, as does the opposite happen). Unless the conviction is for an extremely serious conviction like murder (am sure your man's is not! It will be some petty thing, cos we are all human sometimes) it is spent and any conviction is NOT supposed to show after being spent for 5 years on any Subject Access Report (unless you are applying for a job in the Police or law enforcement agency).

You can submit a formal complaint to the relevant Police Force regarding their Public Access Department not taking this out of the Subject Access, but I guess you don't want to be caught up getting sidelined with that which would take as long as the K1 process itself, and the damage has already been done. You just have to hope his visa will not be denied on that basis.

Just sending you my support. We are all criminalised in this day and age. Don't get paranoid. Best wishes x

Timeline
I have worked for 2 police forces in the UK and I am horrified at this. This is not supposed to happen (but can assure you, it does, sometimes, as does the opposite happen). Unless the conviction is for an extremely serious conviction like murder (am sure your man's is not! It will be some petty thing, cos we are all human sometimes) it is spent and any conviction is NOT supposed to show after being spent for 5 years on any Subject Access Report (unless you are applying for a job in the Police or law enforcement agency).

You can submit a formal complaint to the relevant Police Force regarding their Public Access Department not taking this out of the Subject Access, but I guess you don't want to be caught up getting sidelined with that which would take as long as the K1 process itself, and the damage has already been done. You just have to hope his visa will not be denied on that basis.

Just sending you my support. We are all criminalised in this day and age. Don't get paranoid. Best wishes x

Yes, they didnt have too much of a problem with it at the interview..they approved us but they wanted the paper showing the offense and the punnishment. The offense was criminal damage cause he punctured a guy's tire when he was 18 and paid a fine and a 50.03 pound restitution, no jail or anything and Nigel said that was on that Subject Access. We are 36 years old now, so you do the math how long this was...lol...so ya, everything was on the Subject Access. Thank God for that! The guy interviewing us had his puppet master behind him (the boss?) and they wanted records of this so, luckly we have it now. Will be sending Monday....

b2gel0s1sc.png

We're a April 2009 K1 filer, see our timeline for specifics....:-)

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Date Filed : 2009-01-31

Date: 2010-02-02

Bio. Appt. : 2010-03-09

EAD received: 2010-04-01

Interview Date 2010-04-29--APPROVED!

VISA IN HAND: 2010-05-28--WAHOOO!

Filed: Other Timeline

doghandler -

The US government does not recognize the Rehabilitation of Offender's Act. Spent crimes still have to be explained to the consulate in London.

Timeline

Would you like to be added to the interview tracking thread? Just let me know!

Yes pls

Sept 21, 2008 - Met through a mutual friend and started dating

Feb 19, 2009 - 1st Trip to London, UK

Feb 26, 2009 - Engaged

June 26, 2009 - 2nd Trip to London, UK

-----------------------------------------------

4/2/09 Sent I-129F to VSC

4/6/09 I-129F received by VSC

4/6/09 NOA1

4/8/09 Check cleared

4/9/09 Touched

4/11/09 Received NOA1 in mail

8/17/09 NOA2 - approval email

8/21/09 NOA2 hardcopy in mail

8/21/09 NVC sent to US Embassy London via DHL

8/27/09 Received hardcopy of notice from NVC that package was sent to US Embassy London

9/14/09 Call US Embassy London - confirmed package 3 was sent to fiance

9/16/09 Mailed Completed Packet 3 forms to US Embassy

9/18/09 Received Packet 3 from Embassy - POSTAL STRIKE DELAYS

9/22/09 Medical Interview

10/11/09 I-134 from co sponsor sent directly to US Embassy London with delivery confirmation

10/15/09 Visa Interview (Blue form - visa application suspended: return I-134 from co sponsor and passport)

10/19/09 ANOTHER copy of I-134 from co sponsor and passport sent to Embassy via secure courier

12/4/09 Letter from Senator inquiry - Chief at Embassy said no originals of I-134 were sent : O

12/8/09 FedEx Original I-134 from co sponsor to Embassy

12/8/09 Phone interview to me from Embassy regarding my fiance

***Visa received

***US entry

***Wedding - ????????????????????????????????

03/31/10 Fiance UK student visa expires : O

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.