sh18

I-751 - when do they start working on it?

8 posts in this topic

Question: do they start working on your case (or put it in the 'queue') after you do your bio appt or after you receive your NOA? Just wondering whether I should compare my timeline to others looking at NOA or Bio appt.

Another question: is there background check for I-751?? I see that California filers get approved sometimes 5 days after bio appointment? Is it possible to send fingerprints to FBI and back to USCIS in that period?

P.S. Vermont Center sucks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

They will work on it in stages. It is received and the cheque separated from the package, the package reviewed for completeness and if complete the cheque is cashed and the NOA is sent. It is then put into a queue for scheduling a biometrics appointment which will vary depending on the schedule of the local USCIS office or ASC. Once the biometrics are done, they are sent off for the security checks to take place. When the results of the security checks come back, they are matched up once again with the application. The application then goes back into a queue waiting examination by an adjudicator. If the adjudicator finds no problem with the application, it is approved. If the adjudicator finds something missing or has questions, he/she may issue an RFE or schedule the application for an interview. The interview is then scheduled based upon the schedule of the local office.

CSC is very quick at getting back to applications after receiving the security checks back. The checks can be done in a few days - or they can stretch out longer than that dependent on the names of the individuals and how many 'hits' the names get. The 'hits' have to be checked out to make sure they aren't the applicant.

Yes, VSC sucks. The application probably requires less than 20 minutes to review and adjudicate once the biometrics and security checks are complete. That means that the majority of the time we spend waiting for a decision the application is just sitting there in line until the adjudicator gets to it.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Wow, thanks Kathryn that was pretty informative. So when I compare my timeline do I compare with NOA or Bio? Because I did the biometrics appointment pretty fast: I did in 2 weeks after NOA and most people do it after like 4-6 weeks, so I wonder whether I should look at other people's NOA or biometrics appointment.

sh18, :time: so we can better help you :)

But as a fellow and recent VSCer .... just know you'll probably be waiting for the full 6 months. Count from the date on your NOA. Anything less than that is icing on the cake. Hopefully you are active in the form dedicated to the people who filed in your month. That really is a very good support system :)

Good luck!

timeline.gif

Full timeline can be seen in my profile

PAST - From K-1 to Citizenship (a love story)
K-1: Aug 12, 2006 to Jan 17, 2007 - mailed I-129F
AOS: Feb 26, 2007 - Jul 26, 2007
REMOVING CONDITIONS: May 4, 2009 - Oct 3, 2009
CITIZENSHIP: Nov 27, 2012 - May 9, 2013

Note: I immigrated from Canada, not T&T - the timeline is reflective of this.

PRESENT - IR-5 Story (reuniting a family)
I-130 for Parents - 2013
Aug ?? - mailed I-130 packages for both mother and father
Sept 10 - NOA1 date
Sept 16 - NOA1s received

Feb 25 - got emails saying that the cases had been transferred to another office for processing

Feb 26 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred to my local office for processing

Feb 28 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred and are being processed

Mar 17 - got email, attached to one case number only, saying that my A number was changed relating to the I-130 filing

Mar 18 - got emails saying that the petitions are approved smile.png

Visit my website Dancing Light Stained Glass Studio to view my work.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
They will work on it in stages. It is received and the cheque separated from the package, the package reviewed for completeness and if complete the cheque is cashed and the NOA is sent. It is then put into a queue for scheduling a biometrics appointment which will vary depending on the schedule of the local USCIS office or ASC. Once the biometrics are done, they are sent off for the security checks to take place. When the results of the security checks come back, they are matched up once again with the application. The application then goes back into a queue waiting examination by an adjudicator. If the adjudicator finds no problem with the application, it is approved. If the adjudicator finds something missing or has questions, he/she may issue an RFE or schedule the application for an interview. The interview is then scheduled based upon the schedule of the local office.

CSC is very quick at getting back to applications after receiving the security checks back. The checks can be done in a few days - or they can stretch out longer than that dependent on the names of the individuals and how many 'hits' the names get. The 'hits' have to be checked out to make sure they aren't the applicant.

Yes, VSC sucks. The application probably requires less than 20 minutes to review and adjudicate once the biometrics and security checks are complete. That means that the majority of the time we spend waiting for a decision the application is just sitting there in line until the adjudicator gets to it.

Nicely stated Kathryn!! Thanks!! :thumbs:

200552682v4_225x225_Front.jpg

Thanks for all the info which were very helpful for understanding the process !

I was wondering what kind of checks are they doing . Are they only security checks like criminal or does it include personal checks like where I live where I work etc...

And what do you mean "by problem " ? What would be those problems?

Thank you

ROC

10-26-2009: Sent I-751 to VSC

10-29-2009: Package received at VSC

11-02-2009: I-751 check cashed

11-06-2009: Received NOA in mail

12-02 -2009: Biometric

04-18-2010 : Card received

Thanks for all the info which were very helpful for understanding the process !

I was wondering what kind of checks are they doing . Are they only security checks like criminal or does it include personal checks like where I live where I work etc...

And what do you mean "by problem " ? What would be those problems?

Thank you

Lol, it definitely does not include checks about where you work, etc. That would be crazy and they would need 50 times more employees. They are security/criminal checks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.