Jimmy n Regine

What happens if I do not want to remove conditions?

66 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We are about 4 months from her exp date on her conditional green card. She is getting progressively more violent every day.

I have offered to pay for a ticket to return her home, but she says that she will stay with me until the police take her away, or we are together forever.

She shows absolutely no respect for me at all. I own my own home. She does not allow me to watch TV when I want. Does not allow me any peace. Every day, she finds a way to use the F word repeatedly. She curses me and if I try to explain something to her, she gets progressively louder and will never stop! I always give in!

I feel very abused every day! I can not even leave the house when she is angry, or she will destroy everything she can get her hands on. I have considered calling the police, but we all know who the police will take away if I do that. And, yes, at this point, I am actually afraid of her!

If I indicate that I may not do the I-751, she goes into a rage! I plan to do it! I will ready 2 envelopes. One, will have some blank papers in it. This one I will actually send, return receipt requested. Hopefully, when she gets the receipt, she will remain calm until her green card expires. Or, we get as close to that date as we can.

But, what happens after her green card expires? Can I just call the police, and have her taken away as an unlawful alien? I would gladly pay the cost of her removal!

Anyone who really knows about this situation, please advise!

tom

Shirley n Jim

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

We are about 4 months from her exp date on her conditional green card. She is getting progressively more violent every day.

I have offered to pay for a ticket to return her home, but she says that she will stay with me until the police take her away, or we are together forever.

She shows absolutely no respect for me at all. I own my own home. She does not allow me to watch TV when I want. Does not allow me any peace. Every day, she finds a way to use the F word repeatedly. She curses me and if I try to explain something to her, she gets progressively louder and will never stop! I always give in!

I feel very abused every day! I can not even leave the house when she is angry, or she will destroy everything she can get her hands on. I have considered calling the police, but we all know who the police will take away if I do that. And, yes, at this point, I am actually afraid of her!

If I indicate that I may not do the I-751, she goes into a rage! I plan to do it! I will ready 2 envelopes. One, will have some blank papers in it. This one I will actually send, return receipt requested. Hopefully, when she gets the receipt, she will remain calm until her green card expires. Or, we get as close to that date as we can.

But, what happens after her green card expires? Can I just call the police, and have her taken away as an unlawful alien? I would gladly pay the cost of her removal!

tom

[/quo

Why you guys dont try things work out!! if not you guys can get divorce and she can file i-751 on her own and proof the marriage was in a good faith, other that if you see you guys can file i-751 and tell she get her 10 green card and than you guys get divorce she can move on her own thats my suggetion!!.

Hi iam new in this website , i need some information and help , my green card will expire in March and i want to Remove condition , and iam getting divorce from my wife , i filed for divorce and iam still waiting for the court date i was wondering if i can file by my self or hire immigration attorney to take my case ? i need help guys i apreciate that ,

Hi iam new in this website , i need some information and help , my green card will expire in March and i want to Remove condition , and iam getting divorce from my wife , i filed for divorce and iam still waiting for the court date i was wondering if i can file by my self or hire immigration attorney to take my case ? i need help guys i apreciate that ,

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Personally I would remove all evidence of bonifide marriage and divorce her....

TIME LINE 2007

01/12/07-I Fly to Australia

01/25/07-We Got Married!

07/15/07-Point of Entry (K3 Visa)

K3 Time Line for the I-130, I-129F, EAD and AOS

usaCa.gifanimated-hearts.gifaustralC_1xa.gif

Lifting Conditions Timeline

11/06/09- Mailed Petition Via USPS Certified Mail

11/09/09- Your item was delivered at 11:08 AM on November 9, 2009 in LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92677.

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/12/09- Return Receipt Arrives in Mail

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

11/27/09- Received Appointment Letter

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/08/10- Card Production Ordered (E-Mail)

01/09/10- Touched

01/14/10- Greencard Received

Timeline

It's her burden to prove that she entered the marriage in "good faith" if there is no proof that you were merging your lives and you call the USCIS and report her as fradulant and she had no evidence to prove you are legitimately "merging your lives" then she has no real leg to stand on.

TIME LINE 2007

01/25/07-We Got Married!

11/09/09- Your item was delivered at 11:08 AM on November 9, 2009 in LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92677.

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/09/10- Touched

Let's not jump on the "it was a fraud to begin with" bandwagon. There is nothing in the OP's post to indicate this. It is a post offering some detail about the break-down of a marriage.

Jimmmy, the immigrant can remove conditions on his/her own provided that he/she can sufficiently prove that the 1. the marriage is over AND 2. the marriage was entered into 'in good faith'.

If you feel that there is no reconciliation, you should seek the counsel of a family lawyer and initiate divorce proceedings. The rest is up to your wife, or soon to be ex-, whatever the case may be. It is she that must remove conditions either way....she can figure out how to do it. Good luck.

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Timeline

I did not call this fraud. His question was "What happens if I do not wish to remove conditions" I took that as.... "help get me out of the ^&%# situation I am in" and the way to get out of that is to remove the evidence that would allow her to stay in the country. That evidence is what will allow her to remove conditions on her own regardless of their situation.

TIME LINE 2007

01/25/07-We Got Married!

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/09/10- Touched

tom

[/quo

Why you guys dont try things work out!! if not you guys can get divorce and she can file i-751 on her own and proof the marriage was in a good faith, other that if you see you guys can file i-751 and tell she get her 10 green card and than you guys get divorce she can move on her own thats my suggetion!!.

Really? Seriously? Didn't you just read the OP's description of her verbal and imminent physical violence?? :blink:

There is no ""working things out" with an individual of that mindset. No time to waste with an ingrate like that.

Time to call the Divorce Atty!

K1 Visa, folks, gives you a little more time to see defective personality traits and attitudes B4 U R locked in!

Best Wishes and outcome to the OP. I feel for ya, Bro!

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Timeline
I did not call this fraud. His question was "What happens if I do not wish to remove conditions" I took that as.... "help get me out of the ^&%# situation I am in" and the way to get out of that is to remove the evidence that would allow her to stay in the country. That evidence is what will allow her to remove conditions on her own regardless of their situation.

B I N G O! I do not intend to divorce her. I have tried to talk with her about this. She makes it quite clear that the only way this would happen would be in an ugly court situation. Not going to happen! She feels I owe her 1/2 of everything I spent my whole life earning! And, she refuses to take any offers of a reasonable nature. She will only settle after one of those nasty divorces she has seen in the movies. And, she threatens things in my sleep, if I try it!

So, as I read it, if we are married we must either do this I-751 together, or she must request a waiver because she is divorced, and/ or prove abuse from the American citizen!

So, after her green card expires, what next?

tom

Shirley n Jim

B I N G O! I do not intend to divorce her. I have tried to talk with her about this. She makes it quite clear that the only way this would happen would be in an ugly court situation. Not going to happen! She feels I owe her 1/2 of everything I spent my whole life earning! And, she refuses to take any offers of a reasonable nature. She will only settle after one of those nasty divorces she has seen in the movies. And, she threatens things in my sleep, if I try it!

So, as I read it, if we are married we must either do this I-751 together, or she must request a waiver because she is divorced, and/ or prove abuse from the American citizen!

tom

After GC expires she will lose her legal status and if she gets stop by a police officer and can't prove her legal status they can deport her. Its very clear in uscis website, if you don't file your i751 on the 90 days and you gc expire you imediately become a ilegal alien.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

The OP must stand up for his own wellbeing. Time to be proactive, not passive. Get legal advice on removing her from your home (you mean it's not jointly owned??) and go from there.

You know, I have a hard time getting over your part in this though. You are actually conspiring to send in a blank document to keep your wife occupied while her greencard expires? You would rather do that, than simply start either mediation or divorce proceedings?

Presumably you did marry this woman in good faith. Is her swearing, and you allowing yourself to be manipulated by her, worth tricking her into deportation?

timeline.gif

Full timeline can be seen in my profile

PAST - From K-1 to Citizenship (a love story)
K-1: Aug 12, 2006 to Jan 17, 2007 - mailed I-129F
AOS: Feb 26, 2007 - Jul 26, 2007
REMOVING CONDITIONS: May 4, 2009 - Oct 3, 2009
CITIZENSHIP: Nov 27, 2012 - May 9, 2013

Note: I immigrated from Canada, not T&T - the timeline is reflective of this.

PRESENT - IR-5 Story (reuniting a family)
I-130 for Parents - 2013
Aug ?? - mailed I-130 packages for both mother and father
Sept 10 - NOA1 date
Sept 16 - NOA1s received

Feb 25 - got emails saying that the cases had been transferred to another office for processing

Feb 26 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred to my local office for processing

Feb 28 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred and are being processed

Mar 17 - got email, attached to one case number only, saying that my A number was changed relating to the I-130 filing

Mar 18 - got emails saying that the petitions are approved smile.png

Visit my website Dancing Light Stained Glass Studio to view my work.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

tom

Damn.....for your own safety, You need to get away from her, it sounds. That 50/50 split threat is just a threat. She can't do that.

You need to call in a lawyer and see what your options are.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
The OP must stand up for his own wellbeing. Time to be proactive, not passive. Get legal advice on removing her from your home (you mean it's not jointly owned??) and go from there.

I am 55 years old. I am retired military. I worked my whole life to be where I am today. It is so tempting to act as I would have when I was younger. But, I have learned that it is true, "He who laughs last, laughs best!" I tolerate her for now.

After we were married, I learned that her family abandoned her on the streets of Brazil at about the age of 12. The behavior she now exibits shocks me every single day! I can not believe that someone can treat another person as she does, if they once really loved them!

I just want her out of my house and my life. I have never tolerated such behavior before! However, she makes it quite clear that she will never leave my life without destroying as much as possible before she goes.

Let us be realistic. We live in the USA. For all its good points, it treats men terribly when it comes to domestic issues. If she were to accuse me of abuse now, I would be guilty immediately! And, she would have all she needed to destroy all I have built all my life!

I think the only way out of this without much damage, is to tolerate her for another 4 months! And, then, after her green card expires, I can call the police and have her removed with little difficulty!

This will actually help her, in the end. She will learn that sometimes people can be smarter than she is!

Shirley n Jim

I think the only way out of this without much damage, is to tolerate her for another 4 months! And, then, after her green card expires, I can call the police and have her removed with little difficulty!

This will actually help her, in the end. She will learn that sometimes people can be smarter than she is!

It is not your job to teach this woman anything. You are not judge, jury and executioner here - but you are acting as such. I am not debating that her behaviour is unacceptable, but your methods as well seem very very harsh.

timeline.gif

Full timeline can be seen in my profile

PAST - From K-1 to Citizenship (a love story)
K-1: Aug 12, 2006 to Jan 17, 2007 - mailed I-129F
AOS: Feb 26, 2007 - Jul 26, 2007
REMOVING CONDITIONS: May 4, 2009 - Oct 3, 2009
CITIZENSHIP: Nov 27, 2012 - May 9, 2013

Note: I immigrated from Canada, not T&T - the timeline is reflective of this.

PRESENT - IR-5 Story (reuniting a family)
I-130 for Parents - 2013
Aug ?? - mailed I-130 packages for both mother and father
Sept 10 - NOA1 date
Sept 16 - NOA1s received

Feb 25 - got emails saying that the cases had been transferred to another office for processing

Feb 26 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred to my local office for processing

Feb 28 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred and are being processed

Mar 17 - got email, attached to one case number only, saying that my A number was changed relating to the I-130 filing

Mar 18 - got emails saying that the petitions are approved smile.png

Visit my website Dancing Light Stained Glass Studio to view my work.

I am 55 years old. I am retired military. I worked my whole life to be where I am today. It is so tempting to act as I would have when I was younger. But, I have learned that it is true, "He who laughs last, laughs best!" I tolerate her for now.

After we were married, I learned that her family abandoned her on the streets of Brazil at about the age of 12. The behavior she now exibits shocks me every single day! I can not believe that someone can treat another person as she does, if they once really loved them!

I just want her out of my house and my life. I have never tolerated such behavior before! However, she makes it quite clear that she will never leave my life without destroying as much as possible before she goes.

Let us be realistic. We live in the USA. For all its good points, it treats men terribly when it comes to domestic issues. If she were to accuse me of abuse now, I would be guilty immediately! And, she would have all she needed to destroy all I have built all my life!

The police will do jack just because her green-card is expired. You need to wake up and BE smarter than she thinks she is. And conspiring to send in blank documents to USCIS to pacify her is not being smarter. Sending in a joint application to remove conditions when your marriage is in the toiled is technically misrepresentation to the US government and that is fraudulent.

Consult a DIVORCE attorney...get familiar with the divorce laws in your state, especially as pertaining to the division of joint assets. The 'she'll take half of all I own' may not necessarily be true in your state.

If your situation is as dangerous as you say, then you need to document this....and get away from her. Stop trying to discuss a settlement with her and discuss your options with a lawyer.

It sounds as if your marriage was entered into in good faith...it has just deteriorated as some marriages do. If this is true, then she has all she needs to remove conditions on her own, WITHOUT you. The expiration of her green-card will not automatically garner a deportation...don't fool yourself into thinking this, and don't base your actions on a 'wait-and-see' plan. End the marriage...which is really all that is in your control. Let her worry about her immigration status....it is her immigration, not yours.

It is not your job to teach this woman anything. You are not judge, jury and executioner here - but you are acting as such. I am not debating that her behaviour is unacceptable, but your methods as well seem very very harsh.

not harsh...just misplaced, and not the appropriate course of action.

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.