amrislove

Confused Need Help!!

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hey everyone Im new to visa journey. I just married my husband in Egypt on October 20th. I want to start the visa process. Im under the impression i need to fill out the I130 for us what else needs to be included with that?? and what other things do i need to do also?? I was told we can either wait for his visa to be accepted or denied. or i can take the reciept from filling the I130 and file the spouse visa so he can come to the us and then file the I485 to change his visa to permenant. does even sound right??

Which is the better option. having him just wait in Egypt till we have word on the I130 or filing for the spouse K3 visa, and filing for the change of status when he gets to the US?

I dont really know what is the difference, im still trying to make sense of this Please give me any advise you have :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
Hey everyone Im new to visa journey. I just married my husband in Egypt on October 20th. I want to start the visa process. Im under the impression i need to fill out the I130 for us what else needs to be included with that?? and what other things do i need to do also?? I was told we can either wait for his visa to be accepted or denied. or i can take the reciept from filling the I130 and file the spouse visa so he can come to the us and then file the I485 to change his visa to permenant. does even sound right??

Which is the better option. having him just wait in Egypt till we have word on the I130 or filing for the spouse K3 visa, and filing for the change of status when he gets to the US?

I dont really know what is the difference, im still trying to make sense of this Please give me any advise you have :)

Inshallah I would follow the CR1 visa, which starts with filing the I130 to USCIS. For more information :guides: here on VJ

Met: 2004-07-18

Islamic marriage: 2006-07-31

Marriage : 2008-12-27

Entry San Fran 2009-09-27

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

Received welcome letter 2009-10-10

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

Driver's License 2009-10-26

HUBBY FOUND A JOB!!! after about 4 months of being here :)

Welcome to VJ,

It sounds like you're getting mixed/confusing bits and pieces from people. You may want to try to forget what you've 'heard' and kind of start over and educate yourself on the process - it takes a bit of time but the Guides here on VJ will definitely help.

First place I might tell you to start would the the What Visa Do We Need? section. To give you a good overview of the different fiancé/spousal visa paths you can take (it will help). Then you can explore all the how-to's for each type in the Guides section.

Take your time - you'll get used to all the form numbers and acronyms. :star:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Listen people if you go online and get this lawyer from AP Visa.. Do it. I went with an Egyptian lawyer over here and he totally screwed me up. When I first filed I did not know a single thing about anything. I filed an I 130 with this lawyer and I filed it in May 2007 and am still waiting. I have a friend which went on AP Visa and she had her fiancee here in 7 months.!! It does not matter if you are married there already. This guy Alex will do it all for you. Check it out. I wish I went this way. Mention to him Marcy referred you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Listen people if you go online and get this lawyer from AP Visa.. Do it. I went with an Egyptian lawyer over here and he totally screwed me up. When I first filed I did not know a single thing about anything. I filed an I 130 with this lawyer and I filed it in May 2007 and am still waiting. I have a friend which went on AP Visa and she had her fiancee here in 7 months.!! It does not matter if you are married there already. This guy Alex will do it all for you. Check it out. I wish I went this way. Mention to him Marcy referred you.

First off congrats on the marriage and welcome to VJ.

Well let me try to explain something .

The lawyer will not expedite this process .he will just take your money .

I have seen so many people got their visas 4 days later after their interviews and they did not hire lawyers .and i have seen so many people got their visas 4,6,9,14 months later after their interview and they hired lawyers .every case is different .and no one can expedite this process Espc if they will put your husband under AP.

Good luck and my best wishes for you .

Mohamed

Edited by Hot Guy

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.