philels

HELP...i'm worried about RFEs!!

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey guys, i'm a little worried about getting an RFE. After reading several posts here, i see people getting RFEs. Myy concern is..is there anyone here who received an RFE for writing NONE or N/As in the wrong places???? i hope that this won't be a problem! also, another one of my concern is that i left the bottom part of the G-325A form which was asking for the A# blank beside the because i already put N/A in the top of the page when it first asked for it. so i figured i didn't need to fill it in anymore the second time =(....Can anyone help me with this concern?? THANX GUYS =)

October 14, 2009: Sent I-129F via Fedex
October 19, 2009: NOA1 received
January 11, 2010: NOA2 received (email)
January 12, 2010: NOA2 received (hard copy)
January 14, 2010: NVC letter mailed
January 16, 2010: NVC letter received
February 08, 2010: Embassy Letter received
March 16, 2010: Scheduled Medical Exam (PASSED!!!)
April 19, 2010: Interview date (Received MNL-IV-22; white slip)
July 09, 2010: Submitted police clearance (Received another white slip)
November 03, 2010: Resubmitted new I-134 (now it's the waiting game once again!!)
November 09, 2010: Received letter from USEM stating we need an updated medical.
November 24, 2010: Medical exam once again
December 14, 2010: VISA on hand via Air21 (We're APPROVED!! YAY!!)
April 05, 2011: SFO International Airport (POE)
April 14, 2011: Applied for Marriage License
May 17, 2011: Got Married =)
June 20, 2011: Mailed in I-485, I-131, and I-765 via Fedex
June 22, 2011: I-485 package received at USCIS via Fedex Online Tracking
June 24, 2011: Received application receipt number via USCIS text
July 11, 2011: Received Appointment Notice for I-485 and I-765 in the mail.
August 03, 2011: Biometrics Appointment done on scheduled date
August 15, 2011: Received notice of EAD card production VIA text
August 22, 2011: Received EAD card in mail.
September 02, 2011: Applied for Social Security(Received card in mail Sept. 10)
September 16, 2011: AOS interview(passed!! YAY!!)
September 24, 2011: Received GC in the mail =)

August 16, 2013: Sent I-751 via USPS Priority Express

August 17, 2013: I-751 delivered to California Service Center via USPS Tracking

August 21, 2013: Check Cashed

August 23, 2013: Received I-751 Receipt Notice in the mail

August 28, 2013: Received Biometrics Appointment Letter in the mail

December 13, 2013: Case status update via text: Production of new card has been ordered

December 18, 2013: Green card mailed via USPS

December 21, 2013: Green Card on hand. YAY!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Hey guys, i'm a little worried about getting an RFE. After reading several posts here, i see people getting RFEs. Myy concern is..is there anyone here who received an RFE for writing NONE or N/As in the wrong places???? i hope that this won't be a problem! also, another one of my concern is that i left the bottom part of the G-325A form which was asking for the A# blank beside the because i already put N/A in the top of the page when it first asked for it. so i figured i didn't need to fill it in anymore the second time =(....Can anyone help me with this concern?? THANX GUYS =)

My wife worries about bears climbing into our second floor bedroom window. Such is what happens when a woman from a big city in Ukraine moves to a small forested island in Vermont inhabited by bears, coyotes, raccoons deer, moose and her husband. She makes me sleep toward the window and she sleeps "behind me" If a bear comes into the window she will escape down the stairs while the bear eats me! And YOU are worried? I have to worry about bears eating me in my sleep, an RFE is nothing.

I never heard of an RFE for an NA or None in the wrong place, unless you put that in the place for your name or something. Now, you have done your best, yes? I presume you did your best and sent it off. Now is the time to prepare for the next step and get your dicuments for the interview ready, not to worry about what could happen. If you get an RFE, you will answer it and go on with life, at worst losing a few weeks time in the process which results in a lifelong marraige. What are you worried about? I have to deal with vicious black bears leaving behind the berry patch in the middle of the night and invading my bedroom window to eat me!

(PS, this fear my wife has results in her sleeping naked close behind me all night so please, do NOT tell her the bears hibernate in the winter and NEVER climb in second floor windows to eat unsuspecting people, they are, after all, black bears, not AFRICAN LIONS, but I like having a beautiful naked woman snuggled up to me all night so we are not dispensing with any unreasonable fears of bears here, and apparently she is not modest and does not care if a bear sees her leap naked from a bed to make good her escape!)

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

My wife worries about bears climbing into our second floor bedroom window. Such is what happens when a woman from a big city in Ukraine moves to a small forested island in Vermont inhabited by bears, coyotes, raccoons deer, moose and her husband. She makes me sleep toward the window and she sleeps "behind me" If a bear comes into the window she will escape down the stairs while the bear eats me! And YOU are worried? I have to worry about bears eating me in my sleep, an RFE is nothing.

I never heard of an RFE for an NA or None in the wrong place, unless you put that in the place for your name or something. Now, you have done your best, yes? I presume you did your best and sent it off. Now is the time to prepare for the next step and get your dicuments for the interview ready, not to worry about what could happen. If you get an RFE, you will answer it and go on with life, at worst losing a few weeks time in the process which results in a lifelong marraige. What are you worried about? I have to deal with vicious black bears leaving behind the berry patch in the middle of the night and invading my bedroom window to eat me!

(PS, this fear my wife has results in her sleeping naked close behind me all night so please, do NOT tell her the bears hibernate in the winter and NEVER climb in second floor windows to eat unsuspecting people, they are, after all, black bears, not AFRICAN LIONS, but I like having a beautiful naked woman snuggled up to me all night so we are not dispensing with any unreasonable fears of bears here, and apparently she is not modest and does not care if a bear sees her leap naked from a bed to make good her escape!)

That was informative ... yet entertaining! :lol:

Our naturalization timeline
1/12/2015 - Application sent to Phoenix service center by USPS priority mail

1/14/2015 - Package received in Phoenix

1/16/2015 - NOA date (hard copy received 1/22)

1/20/2015 - Check cashed

2/09/2015 - Biometrics

2/11/2015 - In line for interview

3/28/2015 - Hard copy interview notice received

4/29/2015 - Interview at Chicago field office - Approved!!!

5/22/2015 - Oath ceremony - Now a US citizen!!!!!!

Thank you, VisaJourney!!!!!

"Contrary to what the cynics say, distance is not for the fearful, it is for the bold. It's for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love... It's for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don't see it nearly enough..."- Anonymous

an1cHsK0g000610MTNsc3wxMDAwOTk4c2F8V2Uga

LMAO Gary - Glad to see she has it all worked out. Might be a good way to encourage her to put stuff away in the fridge, by reminding her that bears are actually only after one thing....no the other thing. lol

RFEs for stuff like None vs. N/A are just luck of the draw, tbh. You either get a case worker who is totally ####### and bitter or the more common variety, who just get on with processing the form using a smidgen of common sense. The fact that they didn't send your petition back, with the check, because it's not properly completed is a good sign.

At worst, you're talking a week or two in a several-month long process. They know you don't have an A# yet, the G325A is a multi-use form, so some people using it will have an A#.

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Actually that is quite clever of her. While she leaps from the bed, the bear will become distracted, just enough for you to jump up and slay him with your bare hands.

My Alla is worried about meeting a coyote while walking in the woods. I've told her that we here in America never worry about that because the coyotes are all afraid of humans because they know that young children in America are taught to fight them with their bare hands. Or shoot their sorry butt!!!

Have you looked over you complete copy that you made prior to submitting the petition? Do you see any mistakes? If not, then only worry about bears and coyotes.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline
LMAO Gary - Glad to see she has it all worked out. Might be a good way to encourage her to put stuff away in the fridge, by reminding her that bears are actually only after one thing....no the other thing. lol

RFEs for stuff like None vs. N/A are just luck of the draw, tbh. You either get a case worker who is totally ####### and bitter or the more common variety, who just get on with processing the form using a smidgen of common sense. The fact that they didn't send your petition back, with the check, because it's not properly completed is a good sign.

At worst, you're talking a week or two in a several-month long process. They know you don't have an A# yet, the G325A is a multi-use form, so some people using it will have an A#.

Hey, I never thought of that! It did get her to put the top on the trash cans when the raccoons raided and it terrified her that the vicious man-eating raccoons were just outside the kitchen window! Actually, it made sure she never takes out the trash again as now she is afraid to go near the trash cans for fear of the vicious raccoons lurking nearby! LOL I just have to get the movie "The Great Outdoors" for her to watch!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Actually that is quite clever of her. While she leaps from the bed, the bear will become distracted, just enough for you to jump up and slay him with your bare hands.

My Alla is worried about meeting a coyote while walking in the woods. I've told her that we here in America never worry about that because the coyotes are all afraid of humans because they know that young children in America are taught to fight them with their bare hands. Or shoot their sorry butt!!!

Have you looked over you complete copy that you made prior to submitting the petition? Do you see any mistakes? If not, then only worry about bears and coyotes.

LOL. The first time Alla heard the coyotes howling at night she wanted me to "make them stop"!!! She calls them "wolves" and has all sorts of worries about all the wolves in Russian fairy tales which...of course...eat people! She is getting a little better and used to animals, at least she likes squirrels, but wonders why the USA doesn't do more to keep the "stupid animals" off the roads! Can't we make fences or something?

:ot2:

How did that happen? Oh well, yes, you probably have more worries about local wildlife than RFEs.

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

what about mountain lions??

:unsure:

AoS Process

AoS/EAD/AP file sent: 2011-02-16

Received: 2011-02-17

NOA: 2011-02-22

Touched: 2011-02-24

Hard copy NOAs received : 2011-02-28

Biometrics letter received: 2011-02-28

Biometrics appt: 2011-03-17

EAD & AP approved: 2011-04-28

AOS appt: 2011-05-12 (notice sent April 6) APPROVED :)

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

She knows about the crazy rooster nearby and Mr. Owl who camps out in the trees outside the bedroom window. She's facinated with the wild deer and wild turkeys, but is deathly afraid of the "wolves". Don't even mention that last year a mountain lion from the Dakotas actually did wander down to northern Chicago, where it was killed by Chicago's finest "in a hail of bullets".

She will learn about the coons (you can see the pawprints all over) and I tried to describe the hawks that perch up on my tallest radio tower.

Lucky for her, the neighbors who had a peacock in the back yard moved away.

That beautiful creature schreeches and screams all night long; I sighted it in many times.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Most of the RFE's that I have seen on here is for documentation missing or not being signed. I've seen a couple for people forgetting to fill out a section of the form, but I don't recall coming across many (or any) for None/NA in the wrong spots. They could happen if you get an ####### adjucator but I think thats pretty rare. If you should end up with an RFE they usually are really good about the turn around, usually about 2-3 weeks from when the info gets back to USICS is the norm for most people. If you put NA in the A# above I dont think you will have to worry about not putting anything in the bottom because you have no A#. My recommendation? Breathe :D

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Here ya go!

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Timeline

OK, we haven't discussed the mountian lions yet, we live in the valley, no lions here. :lol:

Gary And Alla

Timeline
Here ya go!

OK, I am telling you true. If one of these bears here ever got in our car, Alla's head would explode!!!!! We were driving to Burlington one day and were on the bridge which connects our island to the next island and she stopped. I asked why. She said "Someone's dog is swimming in the lake" She got out and walked down to the lake to "help the dog". I got out and looked over the bridge and immediately recognized it was not a dog but a bear, about 100 lbs. not a big one, but still. "Oh, sweetheart...that is NOT a dog" LOL She would have set the new world record for the 50 yd dash coming up that hill from the lake to the road!

Actually she loves animals, loves going to the "zoo park" etc. but just doesn't know how to deal with live animals running around loose, no leashes or anything! We go to pick berries in the mountains and all the service berry bushes are smashed down..."Why are all these trees broken" Um...the bears do that to get to the berries! LOL now she wants to go to the "berry picking farm".

Gary And Alla

Ok, so I think I might chime in on this one... by the way, Gary I think you are quite funny and knowledgable and need to run for mayor of the VisaJourney community :thumbs:

I just sent my I-130 as well (on 11/2) and I was a little freaked out as well, but because the photo of my husband was a little bit off. I checked everything and double checked, but it occured to me as I was reading another post about someone who got an RFE about the photo. My husband gave me a passport style photo, but it was from Nicaragua. The dimensions ended up being slightly less, like about 2"x 1.5" and the shot was very close up as opposed to the way we do it here in the US. I hope its ok, seeing as how they cashed the check... would they have sent everything back if I were to get an RFE? I'm just curious and anxiously waiting for that stupid piece of paper so I can then send in the I-129F.

as1cEXYkw2B0510MTAxNjM4bHN8MDAwMjQzbHxIVVNCQU5EICYgV0lGRT0gQW1vciBFdGVybm8.gif

06/20/2009: Married to the Love of my life

11/02/2009: I-130 Package sent

11/09/2009: Application received California Service Center

11/10/2009: Check for application cashed

11/16/2009: NOA 1 received

11/19/2009: I-129F package sent

11/20/2009: Package reveived via USPS Express Mail

11/30/2009: NOA 1 received for I-129F

02/10/2010: I129F "touched" according to USCIS website

02/11/2010: I129F Approved!

02/16/2010: I129F/I130 NOA 2 Approval Hardcopies

02/25/2010: NVC received petition, case number assigned

03/12/2010: AOS/IV Fee status: PAID... onto the next hoop to jump through

03/16/2010: I-864/AOS package sent to NVC.

03/26/2010: IV Packet received by NVC, signed for by J. Desmond

04/08/2010: SIGN-IN FAILED!!! Getting closer now!

04/12/2010: INTERVIEW ASSIGNED! MANAGUA NICARAGUA MAY 27TH 2010!!!

05/27/2010:VISA APPROVED!!!!

06/15/2010: POE IN MIAMI, FL!!!!

event.png

Timeline

Ok, so I think I might chime in on this one... by the way, Gary I think you are quite funny and knowledgable and need to run for mayor of the VisaJourney community :thumbs:

I just sent my I-130 as well (on 11/2) and I was a little freaked out as well, but because the photo of my husband was a little bit off. I checked everything and double checked, but it occured to me as I was reading another post about someone who got an RFE about the photo. My husband gave me a passport style photo, but it was from Nicaragua. The dimensions ended up being slightly less, like about 2"x 1.5" and the shot was very close up as opposed to the way we do it here in the US. I hope its ok, seeing as how they cashed the check... would they have sent everything back if I were to get an RFE? I'm just curious and anxiously waiting for that stupid piece of paper so I can then send in the I-129F.

They would not return the package for that. Basically the only thing they return a petition for initially is a missing signature or a missing check...or a missing signature on a check (OH MY!) Anything else gets an RFE. I have heard of many people getting approved with foreign passport photos that are not US dimensions.

Your chances of getting an RFE are probably in the "bear breaks in and eats man while naked woman streaks across island" realm. I wouldn't worry.

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.