RIP 1982-08/2008

Verena

RIP 1983-03/2008

Daddy

RIP

"IMMIGRATION" PROCESS (TIMELINE):CLICK HERE

• 3 weeks later...

Zdrasti,

As sum Americanka po suprukami e bulgaran. We live in San Diego and have an awesome BG community here. We married in Bulgaria and went through DCF in Fall of 2004. You can read more from our timeline

This would be better if I was writing from home, with my dictionaries and other books. You can correct my bulgarian sentence now!

Edited by Betsy

Met Misho in Cabo San Lucas, August 3, 2003

Many trips back to Cabo, August-September, 2003

Xmas/Kolda in Bulgaria, December-January, 2004

Civil Ceremony in Sofia, Bulgaria September 8th

Appointment to file I-130 September 10, 2004. Approved!!!

Wedding Celebration with family & friends September 12, 2004

Flight back to San Diego September 14th...waiting....

Misho's VISA interview October 8th

We bought the ticket! Misho arrives October 14th!

Home together!

I-751 mailed August 15, 2006

Check cashed August 28, 2006

I-767C, Notice of Action recevied

Biometrics Appointment September 12, 2006

Approved! 10 Year Greencard received December 27, 2006

Our Wedding

April 19, 2008- Learned he was a liar, cheater and religious fanatic in that order. Filed for divorce May 2008

• 1 year later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

hey very good bulgarian u have...

my husband knows only kak si and dobre....:)

maybe i have to teach him more words....

i m bulgarian too...

i moved here in january this year...i still find it very hard... i cant find a good job.... i dont have any friends....

Zdrasti,

As sum Americanka po suprukami e bulgaran. We live in San Diego and have an awesome BG community here. We married in Bulgaria and went through DCF in Fall of 2004. You can read more from our timeline

This would be better if I was writing from home, with my dictionaries and other books. You can correct my bulgarian sentence now!

• 9 months later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

i'm a bulgarian woman and my fiancee is american we are in procees of our K1 visa for me to go to united states and get married :)

as1cE_-0g410010MDA0NDZzfDAwMDY4NTBzfE1hcnJpZWQgZm9y.gif

Filed: IR-2 Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
Hello ..I was wondering if there is somebody from Bulgaria in this forum????

Hi! I am American but my husband is Bulgarian. I am living in Bulgaria right now. We just had our CR-1 visa interview in Sofia a few weeks ago, and we will be going to the U.S. (San Francisco) in October.

I didn't find any information on this forum about the Bulgarian consulate, so I have tried to post as much as I learned in the review. Of course anything I learned applies more to the spousal visas. I also posted about our nightmare visit to the embassy for a tourist visa (denied) before we got married.

Did you check out the Bulgaria Portal page (click "Portals" on the tabs at the top of each page)? There are a few folks on VJ from Bulgaria - I read all the people's stories that I found there, just scrounging for any insight I could glean into how the interview was going to go ...

What ended up happening with your K-1 visa? Did you re-apply?

/bb

[i am the USC and the wife/stepmother]
The prelude - 2007
November 22 - Married in Bulgaria.
CR-1 - 2008
January 7 I-130 sent - APPROVED in 106 days.
Interview - APPROVED 175 days from NOA-1 date
ROC - 2010-2011
October 5 - I-751 sent APPROVED 111 days from NOA-1 date, no interview.
NATURALIZATION - 2012
APPROVED 79 days.
May 9 - Oath ceremony - in Oakland, CA.

*************Didn't have enough of the immigration process yet!! Starting again with 16-year-old (step)son****************
IR-2 - 2012-2013
---USCIS---
Nov 15 - I-130 sent. NOA-1 received from MSC.
Jan 22 - APPROVED 65 days from NOA-1. Never transferred to field office.
---NVC---
Feb 4 - received @ NVC
Feb 26 - Got NVC Case # and Invoice ID #
----------------------------------slowing down the process a little... stepson can't come till nearly July-----------------------------
March 19 - Sent e-mail Choice of Agent, without scan of DS-3032. Paid AOS fee ($88).
April 1 - Choice of Agent information accepted (10th "working day" to accept).
April 3 - IV invoice appeared. Paid IV fee ($230).
April 11 - Sent IV package and AOS package TOGETHER. Confirmed delivery April 15.

April 26 - Case Complete (10th working day)

May 14 - Interview date assigned (12th working day)

June 5 - Interview in Sofia - VISA GRANTED!!!

June 16 - POE @ SFO. No problems. He's a citizen now!

Oct 4 - US Passport received. (SS card received some time in the summer; had to go to SSA office to obtain)

Filed: IR-2 Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

OK, I tried to revise my previous post but apparently I don't have permission to edit my post.

Disregard the previous post - I was so excited to see a post about Bulgaria, but I just realized the original post was from more than two years ago!! (I noticed this because one of the people who replied has in her timeline that she has filed for divorce. Yikes!)

So if there are any *current* Bulgarian-American couples who want to chat, great! There aren't many of us, so I'm not holding my breath.... hahaha

/bb

[i am the USC and the wife/stepmother]
The prelude - 2007
November 22 - Married in Bulgaria.
CR-1 - 2008
January 7 I-130 sent - APPROVED in 106 days.
Interview - APPROVED 175 days from NOA-1 date
ROC - 2010-2011
October 5 - I-751 sent APPROVED 111 days from NOA-1 date, no interview.
NATURALIZATION - 2012
APPROVED 79 days.
May 9 - Oath ceremony - in Oakland, CA.

*************Didn't have enough of the immigration process yet!! Starting again with 16-year-old (step)son****************
IR-2 - 2012-2013
---USCIS---
Nov 15 - I-130 sent. NOA-1 received from MSC.
Jan 22 - APPROVED 65 days from NOA-1. Never transferred to field office.
---NVC---
Feb 4 - received @ NVC
Feb 26 - Got NVC Case # and Invoice ID #
----------------------------------slowing down the process a little... stepson can't come till nearly July-----------------------------
March 19 - Sent e-mail Choice of Agent, without scan of DS-3032. Paid AOS fee ($88).
April 1 - Choice of Agent information accepted (10th "working day" to accept).
April 3 - IV invoice appeared. Paid IV fee ($230).
April 11 - Sent IV package and AOS package TOGETHER. Confirmed delivery April 15.

April 26 - Case Complete (10th working day)

May 14 - Interview date assigned (12th working day)

June 5 - Interview in Sofia - VISA GRANTED!!!

June 16 - POE @ SFO. No problems. He's a citizen now!

Oct 4 - US Passport received. (SS card received some time in the summer; had to go to SSA office to obtain)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Hello, Dani&chris, BulgarianBride. I am Bulgarian woman too. As you can see from my timeline I came here with K 3 visa in November 2007 and my green card was approved recently.

BulgarianBride, congratulations about your CR-1 visa approval.

Dani&chris, I know how difficult is this waiting with USCIS. I hope that your papers will be approved soon. As far as I remember K 1 petitions are approved faster than the others.

Edited by kalina

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
Hello, Dani&chris, BulgarianBride. I am Bulgarian woman too. As you can see from my timeline I came here with K 3 visa in November 2007 and my green card was approved recently.

BulgarianBride, congratulations about your CR-1 visa approval.

Dani&chris, I know how difficult is this waiting with USCIS. I hope that your papers will be approved soon. As far as I remember K 1 petitions are approved faster than the others.

Zdravei Kalina :)

Predpolagam mojem da si pishem na BG? Kakvo oznachava che tvoiata green card e prieta sega? che mojesh da patuvash izvan stranata li? ako e tova misleh che tova stava za 6 meseca? nie si podadohme dokumentite avgust za godenicheska viza i se nadiavam dekemvri ili januari da patuvam da imame vreme da sklychim brak i da se varna do drugia avgust :unsure: neznam dali shte stane, dano vsichko da e ok. are you married for american? you have adorable daughter :)

Take care i pozdravi ot goreshtia Ruse :)) Chao

as1cE_-0g410010MDA0NDZzfDAwMDY4NTBzfE1hcnJpZWQgZm9y.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.