Krikit

The Vent - Part Trois

3,930 posts in this topic

My phone was too old to have a SIM card.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Everyone,

Lol...I don't usually vent here on vj...But vent I must this time (hope you all don't mind)....

I don't like the USPS anymore!.... :angry:

First of all....

I live in one town and my house is there....(Town A)

But my mailing address is in another town, which is 20 miles away...(Town B )

My actual mailbox is 1 mile away.....(Towns A/B border...)

Confusing, I agree....Wonder who came up with such a thing?

I have lost mail before because of this "double address mix-up"....

I lost my son's birth certificate and SSN card because of this....

I think I might have lost my voter's registration too, as it has not come yet....(will have to look into that after the holidays though...)

It was a miracle though, that I didn't lose anything USCIS-related (lol..though it did confuse the IO when I explained about such)

Thank goodness I didn't yet apply for US passport (and send in my citizenship certificate).....gosh knows what would have happened then....

Ok..So today I got a pink card in the mail...

Saying that I have a package that is too big for my big plastic rural mailbox (how big is too big?) and that the package has to be picked up at the post office....20 miles away!....

You would think that the mailperson would have driven down a country road for a mere 1 mile...from the mailbox to the front of my house

But no.....

And now I have to go pick up this "mysterious package".....20 miles of extra driving.....in the snow.....

Grrr....Thanks a lot USPS!

Heck, even FedEx and UPS delivers right up to my front door!

What gives with USPS?

Lol...I hope this package is worth my extra 20 mile drive!.... :unsure:

That's my vent....Thanks for reading/listening anyways....

Ant

Edited by Ant+D+A

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Well, we got hubby's account reopened after spending 2.5 hrs on the phone waiting to talk to a rep. We did 5 virus scans and 2 malware scans and nothing came up. I'm scared that his computer isn't safe even after using different scanners.

I am thinking this might be it for WoW with me. After seeing everything they took, destroyed, or sold is really disheartening.

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

That sucks, Malrothien :(

Ant, I didn't receive my voter's registration card until about 5 weeks after I sent in my registration so it may just be that they are slow in sending it to you. I checked the website and found myself registered which is how I knew they had received it. I was about to phone and find out when I would receive my card - and it actually came in the mail that day.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Well, we got hubby's account reopened after spending 2.5 hrs on the phone waiting to talk to a rep. We did 5 virus scans and 2 malware scans and nothing came up. I'm scared that his computer isn't safe even after using different scanners.

I am thinking this might be it for WoW with me. After seeing everything they took, destroyed, or sold is really disheartening.

A word of advice from my blizzman. Get an authenticator. My dad got hacked and we managed to stop them but they go through super quick. If your hubby was silly and feel for one of the "You are a winner! Go here!" things, you wont have a virus, he may have given out the info on the site. Without an authenticator though they wont be able to get onto your accounts. Getting hacked absolutely sucks, but theres that way to prevent it and its really reliable no matter if you get a virus or what.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Timeline

It wasn't a site that he went to since he doesn't fall for stuff like that. It was most likely a trojan through Curse.

Already ordered authenticators, but it hurts my soul to get one. ><

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

Tonight's/Today's rant:

Getting a phone call at one am saying "oh, my truck slid off the road" as an opener. That is a BAD opener. "I'm okay, and the truck is okay, but I slid off the road" is a better way to start.

Hubby-to-be is driving up to Canada to spend Christmas with my family and then to move me down. Of course, there haven't been any huge storms (that I'm aware of) to the area prior to this, but now that he's attempting to drive on up, the snowstorm of the freaking season hits. And he's driving his Florida-loving truck that doesn't particularly like the slick roads. And I've been up since three am thinking that he left then (as decided the night before)... nope, he slept in until seven. So he's fully rested but stuck in a median and I just need some bloody sleep... :(

01/08/2010 - Applied for SSN in maiden name.

01/09/2010 - Married! Officially a Missis.

01/19/2010 - Received SSN in mail.

02/10/2010 - Sent I-485/I-131/I-765 to Chicago.

02/19/2010 - NOA dates for all applications.

02/22/2010 - Received NOAs in mail.

02/23/2010 - Applied for SSN for married name.

03/04/2010 - Applied for Florida DL in married name.

03/09/2010 - Biometrics appointment.

04/18/2010 - AP received.

04/23/2010 - EAD approved.

04/27/2010 - AOS Interview at Orlando USCIS (decision pending).

04/28/2010 - Card production ordered!

05/03/2010 - EAD received.

05/03/2010 - Welcome letter received.

05/28/2010 - Green Card received in mail.

01/26/2012 - Mailed RoC packet to VSC.

01/30/2012 - NOA date on application.

02/01/2012 - Cheque cashed.

02/05/2012 - Received NOA in mail.

02/10/2012 - Touch.

02/24/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice dated.

02/27/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice received.

03/23/2012 - Biometrics appointment.

09/20/2012 - Touch. Card Production ordered!

09/21/2012 - Touch.

09/24/2012 - Touch. Card mailed.

Timeline
It wasn't a site that he went to since he doesn't fall for stuff like that. It was most likely a trojan through Curse.

Already ordered authenticators, but it hurts my soul to get one. ><

Yeah we both have them too now. They do return everything when your account is hacked, can just take a day or two. I never visit any weird sites, never found anything weird on my computer. Our other guildie, who is also a guy my Husband used to work with - same deal, never found anything on his computer either.

Sam and Ben - Sounds like a horrible drive, hope the rest of the trip is much much smoother :thumbs:

Edited by trailmix

Tonight's/Today's rant:

Getting a phone call at one am saying "oh, my truck slid off the road" as an opener. That is a BAD opener. "I'm okay, and the truck is okay, but I slid off the road" is a better way to start.

Hubby-to-be is driving up to Canada to spend Christmas with my family and then to move me down. Of course, there haven't been any huge storms (that I'm aware of) to the area prior to this, but now that he's attempting to drive on up, the snowstorm of the freaking season hits. And he's driving his Florida-loving truck that doesn't particularly like the slick roads. And I've been up since three am thinking that he left then (as decided the night before)... nope, he slept in until seven. So he's fully rested but stuck in a median and I just need some bloody sleep... :(

Argh. Sorry to hear that Sam. Hope he makes it the rest of the way safe and sound!

Several years ago I was rear-ended by a semi on the freeway, pushing my car into the pickup truck in front of me (which subsequently slid halfway up the hood of my car), and totaling my own car. I was mostly fine -- bruises and soreness -- thanks largely to the fact I was driving a big '80's luxury Oldsmobile sedan at the time. Anyhow, my father came and picked me up from the accident site (it closed down two of the three lanes of the freeway, but he managed to weave in and out like a demon to get to the site...) and took me home (the ambulance offered to check me out, but I declined). Anyhow, when my father called my mother to tell her I had been in an accident, he did his best to start out softly, "Wyatt's Torch is fine, honey" but then he said, "He just had a bit of a fender bender...with a semi." I remember bursting out laughing when I heard him say that, and could hear my mother absolutely flip out on the other end of the phone.

Another funny thing about the accident is that while the police, ambulance and fire truck were all there, and the semi driver, pickup driver and I were all sort of standing around, still taking stock of the situation, one of the firemen sauntered over to me and asked, "Is this your car?" I nodded and he put out his closed palm, opening it to reveal my hood ornament. I still have it somewhere. :lol:

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Thanks for the well wishes everyone. :) I hope he gets here safe and sound too.

I don't know if you can truly call it a fender bender when it's involved with a semi... :P Important thing is you got out alright.

01/08/2010 - Applied for SSN in maiden name.

01/09/2010 - Married! Officially a Missis.

01/19/2010 - Received SSN in mail.

02/10/2010 - Sent I-485/I-131/I-765 to Chicago.

02/19/2010 - NOA dates for all applications.

02/22/2010 - Received NOAs in mail.

02/23/2010 - Applied for SSN for married name.

03/04/2010 - Applied for Florida DL in married name.

03/09/2010 - Biometrics appointment.

04/18/2010 - AP received.

04/23/2010 - EAD approved.

04/27/2010 - AOS Interview at Orlando USCIS (decision pending).

04/28/2010 - Card production ordered!

05/03/2010 - EAD received.

05/03/2010 - Welcome letter received.

05/28/2010 - Green Card received in mail.

01/26/2012 - Mailed RoC packet to VSC.

01/30/2012 - NOA date on application.

02/01/2012 - Cheque cashed.

02/05/2012 - Received NOA in mail.

02/10/2012 - Touch.

02/24/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice dated.

02/27/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice received.

03/23/2012 - Biometrics appointment.

09/20/2012 - Touch. Card Production ordered!

09/21/2012 - Touch.

09/24/2012 - Touch. Card mailed.

Thanks for the well wishes everyone. :) I hope he gets here safe and sound too.

I don't know if you can truly call it a fender bender when it's involved with a semi... :P Important thing is you got out alright.

Yeah, that's what made it so damn funny. He was trying to play it down to her by calling it a fender bender (which wasn't technically a lie, given that the fender was bent...beyond all recognition...), when really my car was totaled and I was very fortunate to be mostly uninjured. :P

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Yeah, that's what made it so damn funny. He was trying to play it down to her by calling it a fender bender (which wasn't technically a lie, given that the fender was bent...beyond all recognition...), when really my car was totaled and I was very fortunate to be mostly uninjured. :P

Wyatt, your dad sounds sweet! Funny story... in retrospect, no doubt.

Sam, I hope your man makes it safe and sound and the rest of his trip goes smoothly.

AoS Process

AoS/EAD/AP file sent: 2011-02-16

Received: 2011-02-17

NOA: 2011-02-22

Touched: 2011-02-24

Hard copy NOAs received : 2011-02-28

Biometrics letter received: 2011-02-28

Biometrics appt: 2011-03-17

EAD & AP approved: 2011-04-28

AOS appt: 2011-05-12 (notice sent April 6) APPROVED :)

event.png

Filed: Other Timeline

Kathryn41-Thanks for your reply (lol..though I wasn't expecting one in the first place, but that's ok). Likewise, I checked the website for my state, using both addresses, and it still comes up "no matches found", despite registering about 3-4 weeks ago. I also tried calling them last week, but got nowhere, as I couldn't find the right extension/department, from the phone number that was given to me (lol..reminds me of the USCIS mis-information line here). Oh well, it's the holidays, so I'll give them some extra time to get such done too. As long as I can vote by next November, then so be it. I did though, notice that my dmv receipt (note: I registered to vote at the same time when I renewed/applyed for my enhanced new license) says, "if you don't hear from the board of elections, within 30 days, then contact them" (or something along those lines). So I assume the dmv forwarded my information to them already. But whether the board of elections received it, or whether or not they have the accurate information, is what I don't know about. I just don't want another piece of mail lost....Especially something as important as this...Why is it so hard to be able to vote?...lol....I'll contact them again and get to the bottom of this...Nevertheless, glad that you got your voter's registration card in time, Kathryn, and I hope that you enjoy your new "US Citizen privillage" of being able to vote in the next election!

Ant, I didn't receive my voter's registration card until about 5 weeks after I sent in my registration so it may just be that they are slow in sending it to you. I checked the website and found myself registered which is how I knew they had received it. I was about to phone and find out when I would receive my card - and it actually came in the mail that day.

Everyone-I'll pick up the "mysterious package" sometime...Will update you all as to what it is and if it is worth the extra 20 mile drive out of my way for (It better be!)..By the way: There are 4 (yes, four!) other post offices that are a lot closer to my home....(they are only 5-10 miles away)....Why another post office that is 20 miles away delivers my mail...Is beyond my comprehension......How inconvenient indeed!

Lol..Oh and on the pink slip it said..."For your convenience to be picked up at the post office" (or something along those lines)....Sure, whatever....It is more convenient for the USPS...Not for us!....Grr.....(hoping there are no major snowstorms anytime soon....)

Ant

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

I have to vent about my own stupidity.

I left my netbook on last night cause I went out to dinner with my fiance's club thing. They were speaking Manadrin Chinese most of the time, so I got bored out of my mind.

So anyway, I didn't expect we'd be there for like 3 hours and I came home to my netbook not turning on. I moved the mouse and hit the power button but it only turned on for a few seconds then shut off.

I was freaking out because I thought it was broken already, I've only had it for like 2 months, etc.

My fiance comes over and looks at it, and realizes the plug that connects the power part to the part that connects to my computer was unplugged.

Freaking out over the battery being dead.

I'm so blond.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.