Krikit

The Vent - Part Trois

3,930 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

What the hell is going on with the Baltimore City Water Department?

They never send us a water bill and now has sent us a delinquent notice for a bill we never received. :P

I have been on the phone ON HOLD for the last 30 minutes or so, and the only person who picks up is Ms. Green from the customer service department who told me she cant help me because I need a supervisor. Well, none of the frigging supervisors are frigging picking up :P So she directs my call to a supervisor and after a long time being put on hold, am picked up by her again...

Oh honeybear, why did you brainwash me into believing that buying a house in Baltimore City is a good idea???? :P

Finally married... and still married... ;)

Green card received: March 18, 2011

Removal of Conditions:

GC Expiration: March 11, 2012

Documents sent: December 13, 2011

NOA-1 received: December 15, 2011

Check cashed: Red said yes when asked

Biometrics: January 25, 2012

Letter approving 10-year GC: September 7, 2012

Production of 10-year GC: September 15, 2012

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I'm seriously disturbed by this thread in which posters are encouraging someone to enter the U.S., marry, stay and file for AOS.

I don't care what case precedents they cite, it's a very risky way of going about things...and the stakes are incredibly high. If it was that easy, why wouldn't all of us be going about it the same way? Sheesh.

Because they don't care. They give that advice because they just don't care. When the OP comes back to post that they were honest at the border and incurred a ban - those people will be absent from the thread.

All you can do is keep posting stuff like you did and hope the OP can see the sense in it.

On the subject of the degrading stuff said about women on these forums. I generally don't read anything from these guys, but I happened to go in to a thread this morning - the title being something like - I made a mistake.

It's about a fiancee from the Phillipines who has admitted she slept with a few men for money before meeting her fiance. One of the responders advised the guy to look for a nurse from the Phillipines etc etc - speaking about women as though they are a commodity. I find it sickening.

Edited by trailmix

I'm seriously disturbed by this thread in which posters are encouraging someone to enter the U.S., marry, stay and file for AOS.

I don't care what case precedents they cite, it's a very risky way of going about things...and the stakes are incredibly high. If it was that easy, why wouldn't all of us be going about it the same way? Sheesh.

Because they don't care. They give that advice because they just don't care. When the OP comes back to post that they were honest at the border and incurred a ban - those people will be absent from the thread.

All you can do is keep posting stuff like you did and hope the OP can see the sense in it.

Yeah. I have to admit, I clicked the Report button on one of the responses, because the advice is undeniably pointing to something illegal. Perhaps I should PM the OP stressing that fact... I know that this is an internet forum, and internet forums are often breeding grounds for misinformation...but VJ is so much better than that, and the stakes are so much higher than with most forums. That's why it annoys me so much. Being on VJ has undeniably saved me several weeks and helped me avoid mistakes I certainly would have made otherwise. I don't want to see someone have a negative visa experience because of a couple knuckleheads who didn't even go through the path they are espousing!

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Well, with that particular post it's hard to tell exactly what the OP is intending, but it does sound like a border hop. Yes, VJ should be better than that, however, with all posts here there are good and bad responses, lots of misinformation - it is really up to the OP to take all responses with a grain of salt and do some of their own research.

I think many times when people post vague stuff like that they are really just looking for people to say - sure it's ok - I have done it, or lots of people do it and it's no big deal. They know it's wrong - but they are hoping to get back up anyway.

On the subject of the degrading stuff said about women on these forums. I generally don't read anything from these guys, but I happened to go in to a thread this morning - the title being something like - I made a mistake.

It's about a fiancee from the Phillipines who has admitted she slept with a few men for money before meeting her fiance. One of the responders advised the guy to look for a nurse from the Phillipines etc etc - speaking about women as though they are a commodity. I find it sickening.

Did you read the part where that poster said that women who worked in topless bars either have a drug habit or a lesbian?? ####### :rofl:

I just went ahead and sent the OP a lengthy PM, re-emphasizing the advice that you and I gave in the thread itself.

I mean, I KNOW how frustrating the wait can be. We ALL do. Sheesh. And ALL of us would love to be able to be with our SOs sooner that we are... But despite how much we sometimes complain about the process, about the wait etc., it's all in place for a very good reason. When we take a step back from our own situations and see the big picture, the immigration process is so important to the sanctity of the nation's safety and security. Honestly, I'm never going to be one of those sorts of people who sees any foreigner as a threat...but I can totally appreciate the mindset of the immigration process, even if I know that I, personally, have no dirt on my hands and will be a welcome addition to America. (Boy, did THAT ever sound humble...)

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Yeah that kind of unreliable advice needs to be pointed out. I just hope most people who visit this site do research and don't take everything at face value because that's got a very real possibility of ruining someone's entire life. Just can't understand how people can do that and not worry about the devastation it could cause, it's very sad.

My wife has been back since June 5, 2007. Now we're just livin' man, L I V I N :)

Lets all bow our heads in silence for our fallen comrade: Kittyfang.

Uh oh, what happened?

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Lol What happened with her? I've seen little comments about her but I never heard what happened. Her situation was insane, did she end up getting picked up before submitting her case or something?

My wife has been back since June 5, 2007. Now we're just livin' man, L I V I N :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Uh oh, what happened?

Well we're talking about people who have shot themselves in the foot regarding immigration. :lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I just went ahead and sent the OP a lengthy PM, re-emphasizing the advice that you and I gave in the thread itself.

I mean, I KNOW how frustrating the wait can be. We ALL do. Sheesh. And ALL of us would love to be able to be with our SOs sooner that we are... But despite how much we sometimes complain about the process, about the wait etc., it's all in place for a very good reason. When we take a step back from our own situations and see the big picture, the immigration process is so important to the sanctity of the nation's safety and security. Honestly, I'm never going to be one of those sorts of people who sees any foreigner as a threat...but I can totally appreciate the mindset of the immigration process, even if I know that I, personally, have no dirt on my hands and will be a welcome addition to America. (Boy, did THAT ever sound humble...)

I think you did the right think. Talking about a "negative visa experience" is putting things rather lightly, given the possibility of incurring a lifetime ban. The repercussions of visa fraud are very serious and at least if the OP choses that path, they will know exactly what risks they are taking.

I agree with Trailmix that some people just want to hear that what they want to do will work, even though they know it's wrong, but I also think some people come here a little desperate for advice and not necessarily knowing much about the whole process. And emotions can sure cloud people's judgement.

AoS Process

AoS/EAD/AP file sent: 2011-02-16

Received: 2011-02-17

NOA: 2011-02-22

Touched: 2011-02-24

Hard copy NOAs received : 2011-02-28

Biometrics letter received: 2011-02-28

Biometrics appt: 2011-03-17

EAD & AP approved: 2011-04-28

AOS appt: 2011-05-12 (notice sent April 6) APPROVED :)

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yea this is my cousin on facebook. My uncle replies. And my cousins significant other answers.

She's referring to my cousin's brother who just recently married the mother of his child. Both of the women are nuts imo, but this facebook stuff is just getting out of hand. I mean EVERYONE can see it, you can't take it back. Grow up!

This isn't how my family works.... all these new additions are bringing unneeded drama in.

Donne moi une poptart!

But they are in looooooovvvvvveeeeeeeeeeee! :P j/k

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.