Back

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

------------------------------------------

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Very sorry to hear about the problems Necro, definitely stinks. I always heard that money was one of the top few reason for divorce but never really got it until I got married. Luckily my wife is someone who enjoys findings bargains on stuff, even looks for coupons in the paper and all that lol. I definitely had to change my spending habits as I was used to just going out and buying a TV or something if my check that week would cover it, and she definitely helped with that. I'm sure there are a ton of other issues causing you to think about possible divorce, but is there any chance that you could just sit him down and make him realize that the way he's going right now could keep him from a lot of things in the future (cars, house, apartment lease, etc)? With whatever happens I wish you both good luck!

My wife has been back since June 5, 2007. Now we're just livin' man, L I V I N :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Ha!!!

Me loves some hilarity!

:D

A quick and unrelated vent:

Dear back,

I hate you. Stop being hurty.

kthx.

Dear Scooter,

Stop bending over.

Thx.

Back

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

My vent : there is soccer tonight :(

My husband and i and some friends have a team for indoor soccer. It was fun at the beginning and now it's so annoying.

Its guy/girl-teams but everyone plays like if we were on a real big field while it's indoor so its SMALL

I hate playing defense because guys run towards the goal and shot SO HARD like i'm scared it's going to hit me !

"Dude, I want to keep my face!!!!!"

K-1
Oct. 2, 2008 - Sent I-129F to CSC
May 12, 2009 - Interview - Approved
July 28, 2009 - Civil Wedding
Sep. 5, 2009 - Wedding

AOS
Aug. 10, 2009 - AOS/EAD/AP Package received in Chicago
Oct. 27, 2009 - Interview - APPROVED !!
Nov. 06, 2009 - Green Card Received

ROC
Aug. 13, 2011 - ROC Package sent to VSC
May 31, 2012 - ROC - APPROVED !!!
June 11, 2012 - Green Card Received

Naturalization
Mar 21, 2013 - N-400 Package sent to Lewisville,TX
Mar 22, 2013 - Package delivered
Mar 26, 2013 - NOA
Mar 27, 2013 - Check cashed
Apr 09, 2013 - Early Biometrics (Appt scheduled for April 18th)

Jul 10, 2013 - Interview - PASSED

Jul 26, 2013 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
A quick and unrelated vent:

Dear back,

I hate you. Stop being hurty.

kthx.

Dear Scooter,

Stop bending over.

Thx.

Back

I wish it was that simple - I got kicked about 8 years ago in the small of my back, by a 12 year old boy. I've had back problems ever since, and I seem to have done some significant damage to it while cleaning the youth center back around Halloween. I've just been kinda dealing with it since, but it seems to be getting worse =\

Timeline for Spoom

2009-02-14: Engaged!

2009-02-21: Sent I-129F package to VSC

2009-11-09: Interview!! - APPROVED!!!

2009-11-21: POE

2010-01-23: WEDDING!!!

2010-02-19: Sent I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), I-131 (AP) package to Chicago Lockbox

2010-03-01: NOA1

2010-03-16: Transferred to CSC!

2010-03-24: Biometrics in Buffalo

2010-04-21: AOS APPROVED!

2010-04-27: Received I-797 Approval / Welcome to America letter for AOS

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
My vent : there is soccer tonight :(

My husband and i and some friends have a team for indoor soccer. It was fun at the beginning and now it's so annoying.

Its guy/girl-teams but everyone plays like if we were on a real big field while it's indoor so its SMALL

I hate playing defense because guys run towards the goal and shot SO HARD like i'm scared it's going to hit me !

"Dude, I want to keep my face!!!!!"

I used to play in a water polo league after university. It was always the opposite for us. "OMG noooooooooooo a woman guarding me". Women play suuuuuuuper dirty in water polo and can get away with it. :blush:

Filed: Timeline
I wish it was that simple - I got kicked about 8 years ago in the small of my back, by a 12 year old boy. I've had back problems ever since, and I seem to have done some significant damage to it while cleaning the youth center back around Halloween. I've just been kinda dealing with it since, but it seems to be getting worse =\

If I didn't see a chiropractor I would be immobilized. :( Thank God for good chiropractors. (F)

iagree.gif

Timeline

If I didn't see a chiropractor I would be immobilized. :( Thank God for good chiropractors. (F)

My insurance doesn't cover it, and my doctor and one of my best friends (who's a chiropractor) told me it's not the best route to go down with the old injury.

The thing is, no one seems willing to work with me. The chiropractors I've spoken with get concerned when I mention it's an old injury and tell me I should be seeing my regular doctor. My regular doctor doesn't seem concerned that it's an old injury and keeps telling me it'll get better when I lose weight (I've already lost over 100lbs). So yeah....pain.

Timeline for Spoom

2010-02-19: Sent I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), I-131 (AP) package to Chicago Lockbox

The thing is, no one seems willing to work with me. The chiropractors I've spoken with get concerned when I mention it's an old injury and tell me I should be seeing my regular doctor. My regular doctor doesn't seem concerned that it's an old injury and keeps telling me it'll get better when I lose weight (I've already lost over 100lbs). So yeah....pain.

That's weird. Mine's a very old injury but I've never had anyone not want to look after it. :unsure:

Congrats on losing the 100lbs! Wow. That is awesome.

iagree.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I really dont' like chiropractors. I had a problem with my lower back and my doctor sent me to one. My back would feel better for about 12-18 hours then it would go right back to where it was before. I had to pay a $40 co-pay to feel better for 12 hours #######. On top of that, he was one of those chiropractors who thinks that they are able to cure everything. <_<

I'm one of the lucky ones, I guess. If my neck goes out it only takes 2-3 trips to the chiropractor to get me mobile again. I can then enjoy a few luxurious pain free months. :luv: I keep it to a minimum of twice a year maintenance visits to minimize the problems. I had tried all the other avenues..... meds.... physio, etc. But this is the only one that works. Without it I'd be crippled and in mind-numbing pain. :(

iagree.gif

Timeline

That's weird. Mine's a very old injury but I've never had anyone not want to look after it. :unsure:

I think it's mostly because it was never really treated. I was in a lot of pain for several months after I got kicked, and it finally either became the new normal or eased up enough that I could tolerate it for a number of years. It'll flare up here and there, but this new round of pain is crazy and intense - nothing like the other flare ups (then again, I wasn't carrying furniture the other times either).

Timeline for Spoom

It's obvious that different Dr's will have varying opinions...but i'm with Krikit...i've been one of the lucky one's that has found relief on a 10 year injury....

I'm lucky that my Chiropractor is my husband :lol:

I really dont' like chiropractors. I had a problem with my lower back and my doctor sent me to one. My back would feel better for about 12-18 hours then it would go right back to where it was before. I had to pay a $40 co-pay to feel better for 12 hours #######. On top of that, he was one of those chiropractors who thinks that they are able to cure everything. <_<

You really have to have an understanding for how it works...Chiro is not meant to cure you, all the time... there are so many ailments relating to why you would see a Chiro....discs, joints, ligaments, etc... some can be treated, some cured, some managed.... you can't blame your type of ailment on the Chiro....many times people don't manage their care properly....because of just that....they don't get the miracle results they expect....then flake on their care, and blame the Dr or the approach....

People take Advil and Tylenol for 12 hours of relief, why not do Chiro for the same result? With less effect on your liver and kidneys?

Depending on what the injury is, there is a wide range of treatments available...it's not all just 'adjusting and cracking your back'.... I have had every type of therapy known to man, physio, Osteo, Chiro, Acupuncture, botox injection therapy (yes they use botox in the disc to reduce pain....surgery..micrdsctomy....you name it.... some things worked, some didn't....They really have to know what is wrong with you, beyond 'just back pain'....MRI's have been helpful for me....I now do regular sessions and do decompression....I actually have my back stretched to decompress the disc....this has worked for me...

Again...it's easy to either not have the proper care, or for you to not to commit to treatment and then comment on the fact that it is the method or the field that you oppose...

And even though I do regular therapy, I still have periods where I have a flare up and am immobile , but this does not mean that I abandon my maintaining ongoing therapy....you could find Chiro's for as little as $20-30 for a cash visit...

N-400 Citizenship

06/27/2014 Mailed N-400 Packet

07/02/2014 Tracking Confirmation Packet Rec'd @ USCIS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

:blink:

Whoa.

My MIL had the botox injection for pain in her back - she ended up having a heart attack from it.

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.