Krikit

The Vent - Part Trois

3,930 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

why do some people like to put people into boxes? grrr..

why can't we just be who we are..?? why do we need labels??

to know what our ingredients and calories per serving are? :unsure:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Can I just vent about how I have a friend who has been "visiting" her bf since August. They recently got engaged in April. She asked me all about the visa process etc. and also met with a lawyer. The lawyer just encouraged here to do AOS after a courthouse wedding.

I'm sure she'll get approved no problem, but it's still frustrating that lawyers and people who know the rigth way to do things just don't. After she got engaged she went back to Canada for a week for one last visit, crossed back over to "visit" and is now just going to do AOS. She's been on leave of absence from her job since August, so that will help her case since she didn't actually quit... I have no idea if her long visits will make any difference.

Obviously I want things to work out for her because she's a friend, but I just feel sad for all those couples who are apart, waiting and doing this the right way.

I perosnally think they should make the AOS a really tough process. It's only fair.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Lawyer here in DC told me to do the same thing!! So its probably not that uncommon

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Can I just vent about how I have a friend who has been "visiting" her bf since August. They recently got engaged in April. She asked me all about the visa process etc. and also met with a lawyer. The lawyer just encouraged here to do AOS after a courthouse wedding.

I'm sure she'll get approved no problem, but it's still frustrating that lawyers and people who know the rigth way to do things just don't. After she got engaged she went back to Canada for a week for one last visit, crossed back over to "visit" and is now just going to do AOS. She's been on leave of absence from her job since August, so that will help her case since she didn't actually quit... I have no idea if her long visits will make any difference.

Obviously I want things to work out for her because she's a friend, but I just feel sad for all those couples who are apart, waiting and doing this the right way.

I perosnally think they should make the AOS a really tough process. It's only fair.

I agree. I don't even think people should be allowed to do AOS after they marry. I think once you get married you go back to your country and apply for the visa. I know people will disagree with me, but that's fine. And I know people will say it wasn't easy but neither is having to spend time apart as a married couple... I think that's a lot harder than an interview sorry.

It's the "i didn't know" mentality that irks me more. If you look it up, you'll find the answers. But people don't want to do things the hard way, they'd rather have things the easy way.

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

Lawyer here in DC told me to do the same thing!! So its probably not that uncommon

Nah it's not and I know it's not. But, it frustrates me. I personally would've done the K1 no matter what, so I'm not that personally offended or anything. But I just think it's so unfair for all of those couples waiting apart. It's just such a slap in the face in my opinion.

It'll never happen, but they need to make changes to AOS and make it harder for people... make it fair for those who wait apart. I mean they make it pretty hard for CR-1's these days.

Ah well, I should be jaded enough to know that it'll never change!

Removing Conditions

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Timeline

I agree. I don't even think people should be allowed to do AOS after they marry. I think once you get married you go back to your country and apply for the visa. I know people will disagree with me, but that's fine. And I know people will say it wasn't easy but neither is having to spend time apart as a married couple... I think that's a lot harder than an interview sorry.

It's the "i didn't know" mentality that irks me more. If you look it up, you'll find the answers. But people don't want to do things the hard way, they'd rather have things the easy way.

True that. What irks me even more is that this girl did her research and is full aware of the K1 adn CR1 visas and that what she;s doing is not right.

If I was an immigration interviewer, man I would be so tough on AOS couples. No sympathy from me for the "I didn't know" especially if there is a lawyer involved.

Anyways, thanks for letting me rant.

Removing Conditions

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Timeline

No you have a point Sapphire.

Also all of these people getting denied lately because they can't prove domicile. I mean they're making hard for them, why not make it really tough on the people who marry here and stay here. I mean in this day and age, come on... people can look up the information. How many people do we have a month come on here and ask the same question about AOS and then tell us that a lawyer told them to do it? But then we give them the facts, but many times they'll just go ahead and do things the way they want to do it because they don't want to spend time apart.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

Just have to believe in karma!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

Haha yea.

It's frustrating when you see someone who knows they're breaking the rules, comes in with the intent, and then just does it. It's just like a smack in the face. Like the event planner's daughter at my work. HUGE and obviously planned wedding... I mean come on. Everything screamed: "WRONG" but they got away with it. They got grilled like crazy and she was even brought in for an interview to speak on behalf of her daughter, but they got away with it.

There's just a lot of holes in general in the immigration process. A lot of unfairness too.

They knew what they were doing was wrong... they didn't care.

See I'm so terrified of homeland security and all that #######. I don't even know how anyone could just ignore the rules and not be terrified. I mean the stress of the process sucks already but add dishonesty to it... that sucks hardcore.

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Timeline
Like the event planner's daughter at my work. HUGE and obviously planned wedding... I mean come on. Everything screamed: "WRONG" but they got away with it. They got grilled like crazy and she was even brought in for an interview to speak on behalf of her daughter, but they got away with it.

No. WAY. :o I thought for sure they were goners.

iagree.gif

Timeline

We all thought that.

I explained the process to her prior to her son-in-law arriving her reply to all of my questions were: "Well our lawyer says..."

Since when are lawyers trustworthy people anyways? It's like people just hear what they want to hear.

They wanted letters from the GM here and everything, because they had their wedding here. The events planner had to go in on her daughters behalf and get interviewed. It was crazy. She would come in in tears and ask me what to do at times. I really did think that they would be denied.

You run a red light, you can't plead ignorance. I don't get why people can do that with immigration is all.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

An Army recruiter told me to do that LOL, but I went back to Canada. If I have to immigrate and leave my family, I'd like to be in Canada with them until the time I really have to go...that was my logic.

I know that they're really trying to crack down on illegals nowadays. It's crazy here. Immigration checkpoints everywhere...thank god the first time I was paranoid and took my passport...:D

dev356pr___.png

Removal of Conditions - January 6, 2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.