Krikit

The Vent - Part Trois

3,930 posts in this topic

Oooo that's one thing I love about where I am. Inside, without AC, is SOOOO cool compared to outside. It's really weird. I think because it still gets really cool here at night. Sometimes I step outside and am shocked at how hot it is, because I really have no idea. lol

(p.s. we have no AC. Almost no one here does. I hope it stays like this and I didn't just jinx myself. lol)

Edited by ashenflowers

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Oooo that's one thing I love about where I am. Inside, without AC, is SOOOO cool compared to outside. It's really weird. I think because it still gets really cool here at night. Sometimes I step outside and am shocked at how hot it is, because I really have no idea. lol

(p.s. we have no AC. Almost no one here does. I hope it stays like this and I didn't just jinx myself. lol)

The house I'm in holds the coolness very well. Since it gets so cold at night and we keep a few windows open, it stays a nice temperature in here for most of the day.

We have an AC, but they hardly ever use it.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Flames - I have to fight the need to turn the AC on because of the future BGE bill! Its too early in the year to pay $$$ for it!

Huggles -- it means you can install window units, which I think is better. They are cheaper in the long run bec you can keep rooms you use cool whereas with central AC, you cool the entire house!

Well I have the fans on and have taken two cold showers! I am so glad we are back in the 60's and 70's in the next few days!

Finally married... and still married... ;)

Green card received: March 18, 2011

Removal of Conditions:

GC Expiration: March 11, 2012

Documents sent: December 13, 2011

NOA-1 received: December 15, 2011

Check cashed: Red said yes when asked

Biometrics: January 25, 2012

Letter approving 10-year GC: September 7, 2012

Production of 10-year GC: September 15, 2012

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yeah, a lot of people don't have AC units around here either, but I'm kinda a wimp when it comes to heat. If it's too hot, I can't ever sleep at all, but during the day I generally don't mind it much. Good idea with the window unit Darkchilde, I think I'll look into one for the bedroom and go from there. As long as its cool when I'm trying to sleep I'll be happy :lol:

Timeline

It gets nice and cool here over night too which is good in the morning, but in the afternoon, right about now, the sun beating on our window makes our room intolerable. Unfortunately as we are still with the roomate who pays the electric it means that the AC doesn't always get turned on when I'd like it to be.

My vent today - job hunting. I hate how nervous it makes me feel, the stress of hoping and praying that the stuff I do find will actually call me for an interview, or that I can find more things that I'm qualified for. Add to this the stress of having to redo my whole DL down here as well, and my tummy is a mess of knots.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Timeline

I know how you feel Danu, job hunting is really nerve wracking and stressful. After you get that first call back and attend your first interview, a lot of that nervousness goes away, trust me :)

I'm sitting by the phone seeing if one of the interviews I had this week will call. The one place said Friday or Monday, and the other place said early next week, but in the meantime, I really don't know what to do with myself. I don't want to go look for more jobs, but I also don't want to just sit here hoping they will call. I'm definitely one of those people that likes to be proactive and take control of my own destiny, and patiently waiting on others is a skill I haven't developed! It's like waiting on the NOA2 all over again! :lol:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh Marilyn *BIG HUG* Sorry to hear that you are still sick. I really hope you get a break from all of this and feel better.

Danu -- you guys are good roomies! Gah imagine having a room mate who will bump the AC and then you have to split the bill after??? :wacko:

I learned really quickly not to turn on any lights and keep all the fans pointed at my direction! But today was quite unbearable in the early afternoon... its cooled down significantly as the sun sets...

Finally married... and still married... ;)

Green card received: March 18, 2011

Removal of Conditions:

GC Expiration: March 11, 2012

Documents sent: December 13, 2011

NOA-1 received: December 15, 2011

Check cashed: Red said yes when asked

Biometrics: January 25, 2012

Letter approving 10-year GC: September 7, 2012

Production of 10-year GC: September 15, 2012

Timeline

Oh Marilyn *BIG HUG* Sorry to hear that you are still sick. I really hope you get a break from all of this and feel better.

Danu -- you guys are good roomies! Gah imagine having a room mate who will bump the AC and then you have to split the bill after??? :wacko:

I learned really quickly not to turn on any lights and keep all the fans pointed at my direction! But today was quite unbearable in the early afternoon... its cooled down significantly as the sun sets...

Yeah I'm not that mean :lol: I do have the fans on more often but they use a lot less power so its not as bad. Once I can start working it will be better too as I wont be home when its all hot and yucky.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Filed: Other Timeline

ARRGGGHHHHHH!!!! :angry: :angry:

sorry just needed to get that off my chest... being sick sucks!!

this week has been pretty bad...

Marilyn-Hope you feel better...:hugs:

I agree..being sick sucks too....lol..especially on easter too..blah....

Don't worry, it will all pass.....with time...;)

As for the AC thing-Anyone want mine? Seriously....I never use it (it gets too cold in the mountains around here)..

It's sitting in the shed, taking up much-needed space!....

I would like to get rid of it.....lol...

Ant

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm tired of my brain. Anyone trading?

Montreal Interviewer: "What do you have in common with each other?"

Peachey: "We're REALLY weird."

Montreal Interviewer (incredulously to me): "Do you agree with that?"

<I think back to several days before the interview. Driving through the country, passing a field with cows...>

Peachey: "MOOOO! MOOOOO! Does this make me weird?"

Me: "No, well yes. Here, let me roll down the windows so they can hear you better!"

Peachey: "MOOOOO!!!!"

<back to interview>

Me: "Yes, yes I do."

Filed: Other Timeline

I'm tired of my brain. Anyone trading?

I'd just like a vacation from mine. Not interested in a full trade. Sorry.

:rofl:

Lol..I'll trade mine for the day....But you'll have to take all the 'extra baggage' that comes along with it...;)

:lol:

Ant

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

:rofl:

Lol..I'll trade mine for the day....But you'll have to take all the 'extra baggage' that comes along with it...;)

:lol:

Ant

I think pretty much all brain trading is under the "as is" warranty umbrella.

Montreal Interviewer: "What do you have in common with each other?"

Peachey: "We're REALLY weird."

Montreal Interviewer (incredulously to me): "Do you agree with that?"

<I think back to several days before the interview. Driving through the country, passing a field with cows...>

Peachey: "MOOOO! MOOOOO! Does this make me weird?"

Me: "No, well yes. Here, let me roll down the windows so they can hear you better!"

Peachey: "MOOOOO!!!!"

<back to interview>

Me: "Yes, yes I do."

Timeline

So yesterday my boss was been going on about how she can't get a certain graph to show up when she opens "club soft" - its a golf course management system we use. She went and called tech support and everything yesterday and had told them it wasn't on her screen. She complained that it was on everyone elses but hers.

It was there... she just didn't click on the right tab... there are 5 tabs.. you'd think she'd click on all of them to see if it would have shown up before calling tech support or making a big deal out of it.

By the way... the tab was called: Club Intelligence. I guess that's why she couldn't find it. ;)

Donne moi une poptart!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.