Krikit

The Vent - Part Trois

3,930 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You know when you hear stories of parents duking it out at kids hockey games? I totally witnessed that tonight. It was insane... I was really disappointed in the parents involved.

First this kid on our team who always plays a physical game (more than needed), elbowed a kid on the opposing team.. he's like our Carcillo, but this is pee-wee, you don't need to be a goon. Then the kid he elbowed ran after him and they were like straight up fist fighting... I was floored by how accurate their shots and punches were considering they were no more than 12 years old. So our goon and that kid gets thrown out, and rightly so. Then some parent yells something at him while he's coming off the ice, and the goons big brother starts running down the stands at him and next thing you know they're fighting. I was just floored by it all.

As a parent it just left me just kind of wondering what kind of environment this is for my child. I was really thinking about it tonight. Between tonight and saturday's game... I am just thinking that it's only going to get worse from here, the kids are going to get older and the parents are going to yell louder.

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

That is sad.

I have this hope that when the people involved walk away, perhaps something sheds light onto how truly ridiculous their behaviour has been... yet, I know in most cases, that isn't so. And it's a damn shame.

Hearing stories like that, you just wonder if people ever consider the kind of example they're setting.

01/08/2010 - Applied for SSN in maiden name.

01/09/2010 - Married! Officially a Missis.

01/19/2010 - Received SSN in mail.

02/10/2010 - Sent I-485/I-131/I-765 to Chicago.

02/19/2010 - NOA dates for all applications.

02/22/2010 - Received NOAs in mail.

02/23/2010 - Applied for SSN for married name.

03/04/2010 - Applied for Florida DL in married name.

03/09/2010 - Biometrics appointment.

04/18/2010 - AP received.

04/23/2010 - EAD approved.

04/27/2010 - AOS Interview at Orlando USCIS (decision pending).

04/28/2010 - Card production ordered!

05/03/2010 - EAD received.

05/03/2010 - Welcome letter received.

05/28/2010 - Green Card received in mail.

01/26/2012 - Mailed RoC packet to VSC.

01/30/2012 - NOA date on application.

02/01/2012 - Cheque cashed.

02/05/2012 - Received NOA in mail.

02/10/2012 - Touch.

02/24/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice dated.

02/27/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice received.

03/23/2012 - Biometrics appointment.

09/20/2012 - Touch. Card Production ordered!

09/21/2012 - Touch.

09/24/2012 - Touch. Card mailed.

Timeline
You know when you hear stories of parents duking it out at kids hockey games? I totally witnessed that tonight. It was insane... I was really disappointed in the parents involved.

First this kid on our team who always plays a physical game (more than needed), elbowed a kid on the opposing team.. he's like our Carcillo, but this is pee-wee, you don't need to be a goon. Then the kid he elbowed ran after him and they were like straight up fist fighting... I was floored by how accurate their shots and punches were considering they were no more than 12 years old. So our goon and that kid gets thrown out, and rightly so. Then some parent yells something at him while he's coming off the ice, and the goons big brother starts running down the stands at him and next thing you know they're fighting. I was just floored by it all.

As a parent it just left me just kind of wondering what kind of environment this is for my child. I was really thinking about it tonight. Between tonight and saturday's game... I am just thinking that it's only going to get worse from here, the kids are going to get older and the parents are going to yell louder.

Doesn't surprise me in the least. I have seen it at even younger ages! The parents screaming like crazy and this is what the kids learn. Both of my boys played house league and select from the age of 8 on. I have seen parents yelling their heads off for a house league game that meant absolutely nothing. I've heard parents screaming threats to players on the ice!

If you are lucky your son will play on a few teams with reasonable parents and the experience might be a bit more enjoyable despite the goons on other team.

Both of my boys still play in rec leagues and love it. Even my oldest at 6 ft 3" and over 200 lbs has never dropped his gloves....at least that's what he tells me :)

Edited by OBX

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

Timeline

This team has been great, minus the one player. He barely showed up for games anyways... but when he did he was a bully. He'd even bully his team mates in the locker room apparently. I just learned all of this last night.

All the parents on the team get along though, we sit together, talk and its nice and I have made a few friends. I have seen parents get upset too, and threaten players, refs, other parents. But these two people were like punching eachother in the face. It was sooo stupid.

At the end of the game I asked Ethan what he thought about that and he just said: "It's dumb, it's not needed" and I was glad he said that. I am glad he doesn't think that kind of behaviour is cool or anything. The goon isn't allowed back anyways, tonight is the last game and then it's the playoff's.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I had one of the worst nights of my life last night.

I adopted a cockerspaniel from the local animal shelter last May. He along with my poodle are pretty much like children to me...they're the light of my life. Chewie (my cocker) has had multiple health issues since I adopted him. He already had a cataract in his left eye, and two months after adopting him, he was diagnosed (mis-diagnosed I think, now) with an auto immune disease that is attacking his skin. I did some research, changed his food to a expensive grain free version, and all his skin problems seem to have gotten better. That's the good news.

The bad news, is that for the last week or so, his left eye (the one with the cataract) has been flaming red. I spent two days calling/dropping in on the vet who had diagnosed him with an auto immune disease a few months ago, and they were even more useless than before..they never returned my calls, wouldn't go over his vet record again, nothing.

Yesterday, I finally got frustrated and took him to a different vet. They took his eye pressure and sure enough..it was dangerously high. Next thing I knew, they informed me that he had to go see an Opthamologist in another city RIGHT NOW. So, after calling my boss and informing him I couldn't return to work, I rushed my poor guy there to find out that he likely has glaucoma.

Four medications, six hours and over $500 that I really don't have later, my boy is back at home.

We were given very specific directions on how to monitor his eye for the next few days. If I even suspect that his eye pressure is elevating again, I have to take him to emergency pronto.

I'm just stressed beyond belief about it...I can afford the medications now, but if they prescribe more on his check up again on Monday, I'll be struggling just to make ends meet. He's too young to be suffering from something like this, so I could in no way put him to sleep in good conscience...especially since an eye issue is not a life threatening condition.

I'm hoping and praying everything goes well for him with his medications....he's too sweet to be in pain. :crying:

Sept.09/06 Married!!!

Dec.21/06 Sent I-130

Jan.04/04 Received NOA1

Feb.23/06 Sent I-129F

March06/06 USCIS Website States: "Approval Notice Sent."

March15/07 Approval notice arrives in snail mail

March 18/07 NOA1 for I-129F

April 10/07 DS-3032+ AOS fee arrive

April 17/07 Sent back DS-3032 + AOS fee via overnight delivery

May 05/07 AOS arrives in mail

May 07/07 IV bill arrives in mail

May 08/08 Sent back IV bill

May 21 NVC generates DS-230

June 4/07 Mailed DS-230 via overnight delivery.

June 7/07 DS-230 entered into the system

June 18/07 Case Complete!

July 25/07 Medical

September 4/07 Contacted State Senator Re: MTL backlog

Dec.6/07 INTERVIEW..... APPROVED!!!! (After being kept awake all night in dirty clothes standing outside my hotel because Air Canada lost my luggage and my hotel started on fire. Meh, sleep is highly over-rated anyways.)

Dec.18/07 Moved to the US

Oct. 29/09 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

"We come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly"

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh I'm sorry about your dog, misty.

If it can make you feel any better, most types of glaucoma are painless (at least from what I know of it in humans), so at least he shouldnt be suffering.

I hope the meds control it and he gets better soon.

AoS Process

AoS/EAD/AP file sent: 2011-02-16

Received: 2011-02-17

NOA: 2011-02-22

Touched: 2011-02-24

Hard copy NOAs received : 2011-02-28

Biometrics letter received: 2011-02-28

Biometrics appt: 2011-03-17

EAD & AP approved: 2011-04-28

AOS appt: 2011-05-12 (notice sent April 6) APPROVED :)

event.png

Timeline

Awww misty i hope the meds work. I have always had two dogs of my own, and i had the last two put down, one had a heart condition that went undiagnosed her entire life, she died in my arms with a heart attack, the other developed breast cancer. we had surgery on her and it extended her life by 3 years but it's really hard to put them through something liket that.

My pups are my children and i'll always treat them like that. some people cant understad that but it's true. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

HWDWm6.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Aw thanks, everyone...you guys always make me feel better when something is bothering me :star:

I'm home from work after only being there 30 min. Apparently everyone knew what was going on at home and my co-workers and boss didn't even expect me to come in. They too, know that my pets are like children to me, so I guess in their minds one of my kids was sick, so naturally I shouldn't come in lol. Anyways, they sent me back home shortly after I arrived knowing I have a four legged friend to look after. I thought that was sweet.

The vet thinks there is a small possibility it could be diabetes causing all this, so I stopped at the shelter I adopted him at and acquired every tidbit of info they had on him...what sort of food they fed him before I adopted him, whether he'd been tested for diabetes, etc.

A little off subject, but he was a stray before they found him, and apparently he was wandering the streets of LA when a nice person found him, scooped him up and took him to the vet to be checked out, then paid for some ear medication for him before bringing him to the shelter. It touched my heart to hear that there are caring people out there that would do something like that for a stray animal (L)

Edited by Misty1979

Sept.09/06 Married!!!

Dec.21/06 Sent I-130

Jan.04/04 Received NOA1

Feb.23/06 Sent I-129F

March06/06 USCIS Website States: "Approval Notice Sent."

March15/07 Approval notice arrives in snail mail

March 18/07 NOA1 for I-129F

April 10/07 DS-3032+ AOS fee arrive

April 17/07 Sent back DS-3032 + AOS fee via overnight delivery

May 05/07 AOS arrives in mail

May 07/07 IV bill arrives in mail

May 08/08 Sent back IV bill

May 21 NVC generates DS-230

June 4/07 Mailed DS-230 via overnight delivery.

June 7/07 DS-230 entered into the system

June 18/07 Case Complete!

July 25/07 Medical

September 4/07 Contacted State Senator Re: MTL backlog

Dec.6/07 INTERVIEW..... APPROVED!!!! (After being kept awake all night in dirty clothes standing outside my hotel because Air Canada lost my luggage and my hotel started on fire. Meh, sleep is highly over-rated anyways.)

Dec.18/07 Moved to the US

Oct. 29/09 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

"We come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I hope your lil guy is feeling better soon Misty, and hopefully without tons of extra bills! =(

I had a vent, but it seems kinda dumb after reading yours.

Oh well... maybe everyone will at least get a chuckle out of it.

I hate dealing with support staff sometimes... I called Capital One to see if I could get a cute picture for Peachey's new card that's coming, and a different picture for my card.... Below is pretty much the conversation.

<blah blah security checks, 6 diff menus, 10 minutes on hold>

Me: "Can I have different images on the two cards on my account?"

Him: "You a primary on that account?"

Me: "Yes?"

Him: "So you can use the website to upload and image for your credit card."

Me: "er... Ok, yes. But it doesn't let me say which card it's for. I would like one for hers, and one for mine."

Him: "She's the secondary on the account?"

Him: "Then she would get the image too sir."

Me: "No. Listen, when I go to the website, it asks what account I want to change the image for. I select it, but I can't say if I want it on my wifes card, or on my card. I want two diferrent images one for each"

Him: "Oh, you want two images?"

Me: "YES."

Him: "You can only have an image for the primary, but don't worry she'll get it too."

Me: "... No, I want two different ones."

Him: "Oh, so you want different ones for you and her?"

Him: "Well, since she's the secondary she gets yours."

Me: "So, we can't do it."

Him: "Yes, you can put an image on the card."

Me: "But not two different ones."

Him: "No, but since she's secondary she can open an account she's primary and choose her own."

Me: "Ok, so we can't do it. Do you have a way to take a suggestion for future changes? I'd like to suggest that we be able to get our own on the same account."

Him: "No sir, you can't have two different images on the same account."

Me: "No, I WANT a way to make a suggestion to like your boss for the FUTURE that we be able to."

Him: "She has to have her own account to have her own picture, sir."

Me: "...."

Him: "Is there anything else I can help you with?"

Montreal Interviewer: "What do you have in common with each other?"

Peachey: "We're REALLY weird."

Montreal Interviewer (incredulously to me): "Do you agree with that?"

<I think back to several days before the interview. Driving through the country, passing a field with cows...>

Peachey: "MOOOO! MOOOOO! Does this make me weird?"

Me: "No, well yes. Here, let me roll down the windows so they can hear you better!"

Peachey: "MOOOOO!!!!"

<back to interview>

Me: "Yes, yes I do."

Timeline
I hope your lil guy is feeling better soon Misty, and hopefully without tons of extra bills! =(

I had a vent, but it seems kinda dumb after reading yours.

Oh well... maybe everyone will at least get a chuckle out of it.

I hate dealing with support staff sometimes... I called Capital One to see if I could get a cute picture for Peachey's new card that's coming, and a different picture for my card.... Below is pretty much the conversation.

<blah blah security checks, 6 diff menus, 10 minutes on hold>

Me: "Can I have different images on the two cards on my account?"

Him: "You a primary on that account?"

Him: "So you can use the website to upload and image for your credit card."

Me: "er... Ok, yes. But it doesn't let me say which card it's for. I would like one for hers, and one for mine."

Him: "She's the secondary on the account?"

Him: "Then she would get the image too sir."

Me: "No. Listen, when I go to the website, it asks what account I want to change the image for. I select it, but I can't say if I want it on my wifes card, or on my card. I want two diferrent images one for each"

Him: "Oh, you want two images?"

Him: "You can only have an image for the primary, but don't worry she'll get it too."

Me: "... No, I want two different ones."

Him: "Oh, so you want different ones for you and her?"

Him: "Well, since she's the secondary she gets yours."

Me: "So, we can't do it."

Him: "Yes, you can put an image on the card."

Me: "But not two different ones."

Him: "No, but since she's secondary she can open an account she's primary and choose her own."

Me: "Ok, so we can't do it. Do you have a way to take a suggestion for future changes? I'd like to suggest that we be able to get our own on the same account."

Him: "No sir, you can't have two different images on the same account."

Me: "No, I WANT a way to make a suggestion to like your boss for the FUTURE that we be able to."

Him: "She has to have her own account to have her own picture, sir."

Me: "...."

Him: "Is there anything else I can help you with?"

OMG!! Do you think he was f@cking with you or he is that thick?? LOL

Maybe he is so bored he likes to mess with people's head for distraction.

AoS Process

event.png

Timeline

so i was dumb today....really dumb. made wes's breakfast (egg/cheese burritos) and had the pot on the counter with half the eggs still in it (while i was rolling up the first one) and it started to fall......so I caught it. Now my pinkies are both burning and I have nothing at home except water and advil to try to help with the pain. Can't goto the store cuz I can't get out of my parking lot (no clicker). I feel so stupid and miserable

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Hope your doggie is doing better, Misty.

K1

10/02/2007 ~ Sent I-129F to CSC

2/27/2008 ~ NOA2!!! (148 days)

5/27/2008 ~ Interview --- APPROVED!!

5/28/2008 ~ Visa in hand (239 days)

7/17/2008 ~ POE Portal, North Dakota

7/26/2008 ~ Marriage

AOS

8/26/2008 ~ Sent AOS/AP/EAD to Chicago lockbox

9/18/2008 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

9/22/2008 ~ Transferred to CSC

11/05/2008 ~ AP/EAD approved (71 days)

1/20/2009 ~ AOS approved!!! (147 days)

1/29/2009 ~ 2-year GC arrived (156 days)

Removing Conditions

11/18/2010 ~ Sent I-751 to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ I-751 delivered to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ NOA1

12/10/2010 ~ Received biometrics letter

12/21/2010 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

12/29/2010 ~ Touch

1/04/2011 ~ Case status finally available online

2/16/2011 ~ Approved!! (89 days)

2/22/2011 ~ 10-year GC arrived (95 days)

Timeline
so i was dumb today....really dumb. made wes's breakfast (egg/cheese burritos) and had the pot on the counter with half the eggs still in it (while i was rolling up the first one) and it started to fall......so I caught it. Now my pinkies are both burning and I have nothing at home except water and advil to try to help with the pain. Can't goto the store cuz I can't get out of my parking lot (no clicker). I feel so stupid and miserable

awww :( well dont feel stupid, trying to catch something that is falling is a reflex.

I did that with a kitchen knife a few years ago.

Hope it's not burnt too bad and you feel better!

AoS Process

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.