Krikit

The Vent - Part Trois

3,930 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

maybe its cuz they have alot of visa ppl or something? i thought i heard they had a free late checkout...70$..may as well stay an extra night for that price..jeez

HWDWm6.png

maybe its cuz they have alot of visa ppl or something? i thought i heard they had a free late checkout...70$..may as well stay an extra night for that price..jeez

Yeah, I thought I heard about a free late checkout too. Meh. Well, I'll see when I actually check in. Perhaps they just try to charge for it until the last moment. Who knows.

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

------------------------------------------

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I emailed the Dauphin Hotel about extending check-out by a couple of hours after my interview on Friday. They said they could...but that they'd charge $70 to extend it to mid-afternoon. Not impressed. <_<

I asked them about late checkout and was told the same thing. They will hold your luggage in storage room for you. Are you going to take a cab to the hotel or rental car? Just wanted to add that parking is 2 blocks away and they charged $20.

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

I-130 Journey

I-130 Sent : 2009-06-09

I-130 NOA1 : 2009-06-12

I-130 Approved : 2009-08-26

NOA2 Hardcopy : 2009-08-31

NVC Journey

NVC Received : 2009-09-08

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2009-09-14

Pay I-864 Bill 2009-09-14

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2009-09-15

Return Completed I-864 : 2009-09-17

Return Completed DS-230 : 2009-10-21

Login Failed : 2009-11-02

Case Complete: 2009-11-03

Medical: 2010-02-10

Interview: 2010-02-24!!!! Yay!!!! APPROVED

Port of Entry: Blue Water Bridge, Michigan: 2010-03-14

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

grrr, I just want my husband and I to be on the same page when it comes to our finances and I don't want to be made to be the bad guy if I say we have to cut back on spending... :(

all I want is to pay off our car loans and bills and get the heck out of this neighborhood... I hate it here.. :wacko: there are a tonne of kids living here that take over the street... .. I kind of understand because they don't really have anywhere else to play their football and basketball etc.. but it still drives me mad...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Wyatt -- you dont have to stay late if its a matter of hours (from what I gather from your post, you want to check out later). If you are comfortable with it, you can leave your luggage to the concierge. Most hotels do that and I think they would or should. I would lock the luggage though and make sure to bring everything thats valuable...

Marilyn -- sorry to hear that girl :( I think its always a challenge when couples differ with their financial habits. I hope you and your hubby figures out a system *hugs*

Edited by darkchilde794

Finally married... and still married... ;)

Green card received: March 18, 2011

Removal of Conditions:

GC Expiration: March 11, 2012

Documents sent: December 13, 2011

NOA-1 received: December 15, 2011

Check cashed: Red said yes when asked

Biometrics: January 25, 2012

Letter approving 10-year GC: September 7, 2012

Production of 10-year GC: September 15, 2012

Timeline

well tonight I am going to sit down and figure out a budget and when he gets home I am going to tell him that this is how it is going to be...

he has come up with budgets before but they have been so unrealistic...

he is just going to have to come to the understanding that this year we might be living a little tighter then past years...

I keep telling him that when all our debt is paid off we can do basically anything we want ...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

I know this sounds silly, but maybe as a suggestion, you can put him in an allowance :P

My hubby and I have an "allowance" every month -- its money we can use for anything we want to do (ie. clothes, coffee, lunch out, etc). Its very small , but we have total control of what we use the money for. And if I wanted to buy something more than my "allowance" can afford, I wait another month til I have the complete amount. And of course the redhead saves his every month :P

Sometimes its tough -- my husband is so mighty frugal -- he literally owns just 2 pairs of shoes! And Ive been a student all my life and now work so I have more money than I ever ever ever ever had in my whole life, so I just want to buy stuff Ive never had before! So we clash with money a whole hell lot of times! But so far, this allowance system has worked and really put us on our budget with other things.

Removal of Conditions:

Timeline

he does have allowance about 20 bucks a week but he spends all his money on cigarettes, snacks, drinks etc.. which I guess is his prerogative but right now we need all the extra money we can get to pay off our bills etc... our money is kind of short right now because of having two car loans

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline
he does have allowance about 20 bucks a week but he spends all his money on cigarettes, snacks, drinks etc.. which I guess is his prerogative but right now we need all the extra money we can get to pay off our bills etc... our money is kind of short right now because of having two car loans

He has more than I do a month! :lol: Yeah, that kind of money wont last with smoking and buying food out!

I hope he sees eye to eye with you because when youre done with paying off the bills, youd have so much surplus!

Removal of Conditions:

Timeline
He has more than I do a month! :lol: Yeah, that kind of money wont last with smoking and buying food out!

I hope he sees eye to eye with you because when youre done with paying off the bills, youd have so much surplus!

most of his allowance goes for cigarettes but I told him that we can't afford to buy cigarettes anymore... he keeps saying he is going to quit but I have been hearing that for years... but next month they are banning smoking at work so hopefully that will help with his quitting :P

oh another thing that gets me is that once in awhile he says that he has no money to spend on himself and I tell him, hey buddy you get about 80 bucks a month to spend on yourself... you just choose to spend it on cigarettes :P

I love him dearly but he drives me mad sometimes ..lol

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

Okay, most of this is going to sound pretty juvenile, but I NEED to get it out of my system. I can't sleep when I'm angry..

So basically, I still live with my mother and she has the worst spending habits you can think of. She's about 20 grand in debt, and she keeps digging herself into it. She's even apart of money mentors (alberta program that helps those in serious debt) because her spending was getting so crazy. She has no more credit cards, because they have been taken from her.

Because of this whole scenario, over the years she has put me over 6,000 in debt. Just recently, I managed to pay it all off but now that I'm leaving, she seems adamant on trying to get me to lend her more money for new furniture and stuff. (We have a 2 bedroom house with 4 beds. Because you know, that makes tons of sense.)

Just today, she said she wanted to ''borrow'' my card so she could use it to pay installments on this air purifier, vacuum combo. $40 a month, and it takes a year to pay off. I've always made it a point to hide my card, so she wouldn't know I had one and try to spend it. But I guess she found it...:/ Some privacy I have.

And to top it off, she threatened to let me dog loose if I didn't comply. daslkdasdknasdnas

Thanks for letting me get that out of my system anyway...

dev356pr___.png

Removal of Conditions - January 6, 2012

Timeline
Okay, most of this is going to sound pretty juvenile, but I NEED to get it out of my system. I can't sleep when I'm angry..

So basically, I still live with my mother and she has the worst spending habits you can think of. She's about 20 grand in debt, and she keeps digging herself into it. She's even apart of money mentors (alberta program that helps those in serious debt) because her spending was getting so crazy. She has no more credit cards, because they have been taken from her.

Because of this whole scenario, over the years she has put me over 6,000 in debt. Just recently, I managed to pay it all off but now that I'm leaving, she seems adamant on trying to get me to lend her more money for new furniture and stuff. (We have a 2 bedroom house with 4 beds. Because you know, that makes tons of sense.)

Just today, she said she wanted to ''borrow'' my card so she could use it to pay installments on this air purifier, vacuum combo. $40 a month, and it takes a year to pay off. I've always made it a point to hide my card, so she wouldn't know I had one and try to spend it. But I guess she found it...:/ Some privacy I have.

And to top it off, she threatened to let me dog loose if I didn't comply. daslkdasdknasdnas

I dont think that sounds juvenile at all. : ( Her behaviour kind of does. I understant that some people have a hard time controlling their spending habits, but still...

I would be really pissed. And doubly pissed about the threat to do anything to my dog.

Sorry to hear that. Family can be a real pain to deal with. Thankfully you'll be outta there soon, right?

AoS Process

AoS/EAD/AP file sent: 2011-02-16

Received: 2011-02-17

NOA: 2011-02-22

Touched: 2011-02-24

Hard copy NOAs received : 2011-02-28

Biometrics letter received: 2011-02-28

Biometrics appt: 2011-03-17

EAD & AP approved: 2011-04-28

AOS appt: 2011-05-12 (notice sent April 6) APPROVED :)

event.png

Timeline

Yeah, but it's like, I feel terrible and what's funny is, I feel like I'll miss my dog more than I will my own family. She's my best friend, and I just can't bare the thought of being without her. She's the only thing that kept me sane during my husband's deployment. I can't stop crying over it. It really really sucks...and thank you so much for your words though. <3

dev356pr___.png

Removal of Conditions - January 6, 2012

Timeline

Dang, Bern! Sorry to hear about your Mom and the impact she has on you. :-( It's hard for me to hear when a child does a better job of financial management than their parents do. SMH. For your sakes, hope you move out soon!

08-31-07: MARRIED!

USCS JOURNEY

04-18-08 : Mailed I-130

05-28-08 : Received NOA2

NVC JOURNEY

08-26-08: Mailed Choice of Agent (DS-3032)

09-19-08: DS-3032 received. Notice to pay IV Application Processing fee

06-08-09: Paid $400 IV fee and $70 AOS fee

12-21-09: Mailed AOS and IV package

12-28-09: Failed Login

01-07-10: Case complete!!!

MONTREAL EMBASSY JOURNEY

03-31-10 : Medical exam

04-27-10 : Interview date

11-12-10 : Received Visa

03-06-11 : USA entry

dVUNm7.png

Timeline
Yeah, but it's like, I feel terrible and what's funny is, I feel like I'll miss my dog more than I will my own family. She's my best friend, and I just can't bare the thought of being without her. She's the only thing that kept me sane during my husband's deployment. I can't stop crying over it. It really really sucks...and thank you so much for your words though. <3

well thats the thing with family, I think we always feel guilty, even if we know we are right to be upset. I know they always get to me...

Can you bring your dog with you? It sounds like she is yours if your mom was threatening you to let her loose to get back at you...

I know what you mean, I often feel like I owe my dog the little sanity I have left after the past year. Cant beat that unconditionnal love.

I hope things work out soon for you.

AoS Process

AoS/EAD/AP file sent: 2011-02-16

Received: 2011-02-17

NOA: 2011-02-22

Touched: 2011-02-24

Hard copy NOAs received : 2011-02-28

Biometrics letter received: 2011-02-28

Biometrics appt: 2011-03-17

EAD & AP approved: 2011-04-28

AOS appt: 2011-05-12 (notice sent April 6) APPROVED :)

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.