Krikit

The Vent - Part Trois

3,930 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

He was just a guy who worked with my husband who we chatted with on and off. Felt bad for him because he was a lonely old guy. We both know him but haven't spoken to him in almost a year since he was fired. DH wasn't his direct supervisor, but was a supervisor. I don't believe he knows where we live but others at work do - and if they're giving out our number whose to say they won't give out our address? It's a good thing you need a FOB to get into the building, but still.

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

Filed: Timeline
My vent:

Someone at my husband's work gave an ex-worker our home number without asking us (this is also against site policy due to privacy laws). This person has called us twice now - the first time I answered since I didn't recognize the number and thought it might've been one of my husband's supervisors calling. This person called again today and left a message saying some very strange things including, "it would be good to hear your voice." This man is in his 60's and quite a weirdo. I really want to find out who gave out our number.

Contact the company and report it. If it's a large company, start with the HR department. They obviously need to do some staff training.

iagree.gif

Timeline

Ashen... I am SO sorry for this but... you also made me laugh. The phrase punch the retardedness out of him... oh man!

If it makes you feel any better at all, I will be moving all by myself too -- though there is no reneging on his part but moving sucks and having to do it alone is a bummer... hopefully you have a ton of friends who can at least help pack the truck...

:)

Alright, apparently I'm Venty today, (and I don't mean Venti as in Starbucks, though it is a large amount of venting... har har)

FYI to any USCs who have promised their spouses, REPEATEDLY, that you will come up to help them move... don't start discussing options that include you completely reneging on your promise and making them go alone. When moving options are discussed, breaking a promise shouldn't be one of the options.... My fiancé just did that, and he's lucky he's waaaay out of arms length, cause I'm about ready to punch the retardedness out of him. Pardon my non-PC mouth.

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

I'll be moving all by myself too. Actually, I'm moving TWICE all by myself...once as we speak, moving back to my parents' place on a (hopefully very brief) temporary basis...then down to Washington as soon as my passport is returned with that glorious I-551 stamp.

I don't mind it though...it's kind of exciting, in a way. The only hard part is having to be really discerning about what I REALLY want to take versus what I'd kinda like to take. I'm prioritizing each box with an A, B or C. Yet I've somehow managed to throw a few B+ in there too. :rolleyes:

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Timeline

Hi Wyatt!!!

I actually wish I could just ship all my stuff up NOW... that would be so awesome, but I can't right? Not until I have some sort of official approval? I gotta say, you make moving to your parent's house in the interim sound like a bad thing -- but dude, you are going to save SO Much money and it's only going to be for like 2 or 3 months max. IF I could live with parental type units for 2 or 3 months, I have so much damnmoney saved. Its' a good thing, Wyatt and I will say so every time you bring it up.

:D

i have decided all that I want to bring, my only issue now is getting rid of the big furniture that I won't need . The thing is... I need it all now! I need my bed and my couch and stuff, as well as my office desk and chair and computers. I'm not sure how I'll finagle that but... I'm sure I will. We all will, actually.

I'll be moving all by myself too. Actually, I'm moving TWICE all by myself...once as we speak, moving back to my parents' place on a (hopefully very brief) temporary basis...then down to Washington as soon as my passport is returned with that glorious I-551 stamp.

I don't mind it though...it's kind of exciting, in a way. The only hard part is having to be really discerning about what I REALLY want to take versus what I'd kinda like to take. I'm prioritizing each box with an A, B or C. Yet I've somehow managed to throw a few B+ in there too. :rolleyes:

USCIS

NVC

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

Kermit the Frog

Hi Wyatt!!!

I actually wish I could just ship all my stuff up NOW... that would be so awesome, but I can't right? Not until I have some sort of official approval? I gotta say, you make moving to your parent's house in the interim sound like a bad thing -- but dude, you are going to save SO Much money and it's only going to be for like 2 or 3 months max. IF I could live with parental type units for 2 or 3 months, I have so much damnmoney saved. Its' a good thing, Wyatt and I will say so every time you bring it up.

i have decided all that I want to bring, my only issue now is getting rid of the big furniture that I won't need . The thing is... I need it all now! I need my bed and my couch and stuff, as well as my office desk and chair and computers. I'm not sure how I'll finagle that but... I'm sure I will. We all will, actually.

I'd highly recommend trying to sell your stuff on Craigslist when you're ready. When my wife and I were moving out of our apartment last year into the new house we wanted a new start so we put pictures of our couches, tables, and chairs up there and within two days we had a ton of offers for everything. We sold it a bit cheaper than we probably could have but we made a nice newly divorced guy happy with being able to furnish his condo and we had a little spending money to put towards decorating the house. Good luck :)

My wife has been back since June 5, 2007. Now we're just livin' man, L I V I N :)

Yeah yeah yeah. I know it's a good thing, else I wouldn't be doing it. :P

It's not without its annoyances though! I love my parents dearly, but they drive me nuts. I think my father forgets that I'm thirty sometimes...so I'm not looking forward to THAT aspect of things. But yes, the big ol' "temporary" stamp on my living there will make it feel a lot better. I also like living where I am, having Skytrain and a major shopping mall within a five minute walk. I'll miss that too.

I'm seriously starting to think about NOT taking a trailer with me when I drive down to D.C. That's one of the reasons I'm putting priority codes on all of my boxes...so that I can pare down all of the things I really, really want for the first few months I'm down there. Perhaps I can fit all of it in my car. I can always arrange to have my parents ship other stuff down as needed.

It's a shame we don't have transporters a la Star Trek.

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Timeline

I will tell you now, as someone who has already gotten rid of TONS of #######, and I am a bit of a packrat... I don't miss a single thing. In fact? I'm pretty sure that I could toss the 27 boxes I am bringing and probably not miss them too much either. But, it's my book collection and stuff that will make the house, our home and that is pretty important.

yeah, Bowflex, I think that's what I'll do... when it gets nearer to the time, just post all the stuff online on Craigslist and sell it all off bit by bit... how bad can it be?

Wyatt... does he ask you where you're going and stuff? do you have a curfew??? ;)

Yeah yeah yeah. I know it's a good thing, else I wouldn't be doing it. :P

It's not without its annoyances though! I love my parents dearly, but they drive me nuts. I think my father forgets that I'm thirty sometimes...so I'm not looking forward to THAT aspect of things. But yes, the big ol' "temporary" stamp on my living there will make it feel a lot better. I also like living where I am, having Skytrain and a major shopping mall within a five minute walk. I'll miss that too.

I'm seriously starting to think about NOT taking a trailer with me when I drive down to D.C. That's one of the reasons I'm putting priority codes on all of my boxes...so that I can pare down all of the things I really, really want for the first few months I'm down there. Perhaps I can fit all of it in my car. I can always arrange to have my parents ship other stuff down as needed.

It's a shame we don't have transporters a la Star Trek.

USCIS

NVC

Kermit the Frog

Timeline
My vent:

Someone at my husband's work gave an ex-worker our home number without asking us (this is also against site policy due to privacy laws). This person has called us twice now - the first time I answered since I didn't recognize the number and thought it might've been one of my husband's supervisors calling. This person called again today and left a message saying some very strange things including, "it would be good to hear your voice." This man is in his 60's and quite a weirdo. I really want to find out who gave out our number.

Contact the company and report it. If it's a large company, start with the HR department. They obviously need to do some staff training.

I did when the first call happened. My husband's bosses were pretty pissed off.

event.png

I will tell you now, as someone who has already gotten rid of TONS of #######, and I am a bit of a packrat... I don't miss a single thing. In fact? I'm pretty sure that I could toss the 27 boxes I am bringing and probably not miss them too much either. But, it's my book collection and stuff that will make the house, our home and that is pretty important.

yeah, Bowflex, I think that's what I'll do... when it gets nearer to the time, just post all the stuff online on Craigslist and sell it all off bit by bit... how bad can it be?

Wyatt... does he ask you where you're going and stuff? do you have a curfew??? ;)

Yeah, all of my priority A boxes are going to be books, CDs and DVDs. Maybe one or two boxes of other stuff like documents etc.

I have a lot of books and CDs though...

As for my father...no, definitely no curfew or asking where I was going! He used to walk in to my room without knocking all the time though...and if I had headphones on and was working on music (which used to be a regular occurrence for me), he would flick the light switch on and off to get my attention. If he does that NOW boy... :ranting:

Timeline

That would anger beyond normal control if someone did that to me.

NOt even joking....

USCIS

NVC

Kermit the Frog

NOt even joking....

Haha. Yeah. Don't get me wrong -- I love my parents etc., but I never felt I could really be myself when I lived with them. It was only after I moved out that I was really able to thrive.

There are other reasons I'm very leery of moving back in with them, even on a temporary basis...but it's not worth getting into on a public forum. ;)

Timeline

Hmmmm...

yeah....

I think based on some of your previous posts, I may have a good idea as to what that may be...

*rocks back and forth in corner*

;)

NOt even joking....

Haha. Yeah. Don't get me wrong -- I love my parents etc., but I never felt I could really be myself when I lived with them. It was only after I moved out that I was really able to thrive.

There are other reasons I'm very leery of moving back in with them, even on a temporary basis...but it's not worth getting into on a public forum. ;)

USCIS

NVC

Kermit the Frog

Timeline

NOt even joking....

I wouldn't want to hear my parents having sex either, it's okay, Wyatt.

:lol:

event.png

Alright, apparently I'm Venty today, (and I don't mean Venti as in Starbucks, though it is a large amount of venting... har har)

FYI to any USCs who have promised their spouses, REPEATEDLY, that you will come up to help them move... don't start discussing options that include you completely reneging on your promise and making them go alone. When moving options are discussed, breaking a promise shouldn't be one of the options.... My fiancé just did that, and he's lucky he's waaaay out of arms length, cause I'm about ready to punch the retardedness out of him. Pardon my non-PC mouth.

I feel your pain ashen, my USC husband did the same thing, discussed at length how he would drive up to Canada and help me move. All I had was two car loads of stuff, not enough to warrant my own uhaul though, a minivan would have been perfect. Alot of my stuff stayed in the apt he continued to rent after I had to move back to Canada. Furniture, kitchen stuff, etc..etc...

Too much stuff happened in between the filing of k1 and promise to help me move and the actual move, our wedding plans changed as well, too much work and family stuff for him that didn't allow him to come :( I was pissed at first, and my parents were as well, but not much u can do.

I moved by myself, packed down my hatchback wedding dress too and I was on my way, it was sad but liberating to know I could move my life by myself and in 1 vechile. I got rid of alot of stuff and a few little boxes came with my

parents.

I hope you guys can come to a peaceful resolution.

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Tracking says Delivered by USPS-10-23-09

Check cashed-10-30-09 (MSC case # on back)

NOA 1 date-10-29-09 (Received Date 10-23-09)

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Received bio appt letter-11-07-09(dated 11-03-09)

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-19-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-20-09

Hard copy of transfer to CSC- 11-23-09

Touch on 485- 11-24-09 (now processing @ CSC email)

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

Notice mailed welcoming PR-12-21-09

2nd Card Production ordered email-12-22-09

Approval notice sent-12-28-09

GC arrived in the mail-01-05-10

Done with USCIS until September 14, 2011!!

ROC

Sent: 09-14-11

Received: 09-16-11

Check cashed: 09-21-11

y7nv8l5t.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.