Krikit

The Vent - Part Trois

3,930 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
:lol:

I am a good cleaner! ;)

Excellent! We have a deal! :lol:

They are selling cream pies at our Safeway here, in the bakery section, that contain HFCS :o

I wrote and complained.

:lol: Good for you, Trailmix.

Of all the chocolate bars, I don't mind the Wunderbar--but I can't find them in the US anywhere! If Kraft Foods is successful at bidding for Cadbury, hopefully we'll start seeing wunderbars in the States.

Toffee Crisp is a good substitute for Wunderbar. You can get them in World Market. I was excited to see a larger UK section in the new local grocery store yesterday! :o:dance:

Indeed, yuck! :lol:

Hershey/Cadbury

I find that even the Canadian versions are a step down from the British versions! ;)

:unsure:

The Canadian Cadbury's comes from the UK. Unless you're talking about something I don't eat. LOL

iagree.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Dollhouse. On Fox.

OMG Sam, I actually watch this show. At first, I didnt like it... but then it got me.

The plot though is not as novel as I thought as the idea of switching bodies using a computer chip has been popular in sci-fi novels for ages. I originally thought it was such a cool idea, but then sci-fi fiction has been writing about it since the 70's. Meh. But they have some really good looking actors in that show hehehehehe.

Finally married... and still married... ;)

Green card received: March 18, 2011

Removal of Conditions:

GC Expiration: March 11, 2012

Documents sent: December 13, 2011

NOA-1 received: December 15, 2011

Check cashed: Red said yes when asked

Biometrics: January 25, 2012

Letter approving 10-year GC: September 7, 2012

Production of 10-year GC: September 15, 2012

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
With the exception of LOST for this final season only, I don't watch TV shows while they're actually on TV...I watch them as TV on DVD. I just can't stand commercial breaks, plus waiting for a week (often more) between shows!

YAY for LOST!!! I just completed the 5th season DVD set and now I'm all ready for Tuesday night. :lol:

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
The Canadian Cadbury's comes from the UK. Unless you're talking about something I don't eat. LOL

Not quite...some of the products are probably imported from UK, but the majority of products sold in Canada are made here:

"Our historical Gladstone Chocolate Factory in the heart of Toronto produces over a half a billion chocolate bars each year – and that's just for Canada. We continue to innovate and focus on bringing new products to market while keeping the favourites around for you and your family to continue to enjoy."

From Cadbury Canada

YAY for LOST!!! I just completed the 5th season DVD set and now I'm all ready for Tuesday night. :lol:

Heh...I watched the first season right after it was released on DVD back in 2004 or 2005, and was captivated by it. But I wasn't able to watch it regularly on TV after that. When I met my wife, it turned out that she was a HUGE Lost fan, and last Autumn she talked me into watching the first four seasons with her over several weeks...which I did. And then, of course, I was desperate to watch Season Five, so we both had to find all the episodes on Megavideo, Hulu etc. I just bought Season Five a couple weeks ago though, and we both re-watched it last weekend...so now we're both primed and ready for the final season, starting Tuesday!

I'm so happy the show has managed to remain on air without compromising itself, given that it's a show that you can't just turn on mid-season and expect to understand what's going on. Lost has a ####### moment before every commercial break, let alone before the end of each episode...

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

------------------------------------------

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Filed: Timeline
Not quite...some of the products are probably imported from UK, but the majority of products sold in Canada are made here:

"Our historical Gladstone Chocolate Factory in the heart of Toronto produces over a half a billion chocolate bars each year – and that's just for Canada. We continue to innovate and focus on bringing new products to market while keeping the favourites around for you and your family to continue to enjoy."

From Cadbury Canada

Interesting. All the bars I get are from the UK, so I never thought of the others. lol

When I was a kid my aunt worked in the cadbury factory and we always had a mad stash of chocolate.

Mine did too! In England, though. Whenever I went to my grandmother's house she had a huge drawer full. :lol: There's a giant factory store near my sister where you can buy all their products in bulk. You can also buy the products which weren't formed perfectly. Great deals if you're not all about how pretty they look! :lol:

Not having a good day. :(

iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Interesting. All the bars I get are from the UK, so I never thought of the others. lol

Mine did too! In England, though. Whenever I went to my grandmother's house she had a huge drawer full. :lol: There's a giant factory store near my sister where you can buy all their products in bulk. You can also buy the products which weren't formed perfectly. Great deals if you're not all about how pretty they look! :lol:

Not having a good day. :(

Why are you not having a good day!? Have you got the 'moving to DC' blues?

The Cadbury I buy here is made in Canada, i'm sure, but it's darn good chocolate.

Edited by trailmix

Timeline
Heh...I watched the first season right after it was released on DVD back in 2004 or 2005, and was captivated by it. But I wasn't able to watch it regularly on TV after that. When I met my wife, it turned out that she was a HUGE Lost fan, and last Autumn she talked me into watching the first four seasons with her over several weeks...which I did. And then, of course, I was desperate to watch Season Five, so we both had to find all the episodes on Megavideo, Hulu etc. I just bought Season Five a couple weeks ago though, and we both re-watched it last weekend...so now we're both primed and ready for the final season, starting Tuesday!

I'm so happy the show has managed to remain on air without compromising itself, given that it's a show that you can't just turn on mid-season and expect to understand what's going on. Lost has a ####### moment before every commercial break, let alone before the end of each episode...

I'm anxious to see how they tie everything up; so many questions left to answer. I'm crossing my fingers it ends in a satisfying but unique way.

Then when season six is released next year I can start right back at the beginning with season one and connect all the dots! :lol:

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

Timeline

Aww cat you sure are pretty!

I was just tweezing my eyebrows and I was thinking about you. :lol:

OMG, I do that too!!! :lol:

Speaking of ATM's... I chew up my transaction paper and then I'll spit it out once I think its completely illegible.

I know gross right? Well I'm paranoid.

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

well. just got a call form the mechanic.. he says it is the heater hoses, they keep backing up or something and now the head gaskets are burnt again.. they said it isn't covered under warranty though because it wasn't something they did.. they didn't replace the heater hoses last time... but they said they would go halfers with us and "only" charge us 900 bucks :unsure: ...

I have told them a few times over the last year that I think the car was acting funny.. like the fan would run all the time and the heat temp gauge would sometimes go to half but every time they checked it out and said nothing was wrong.. I wonder if the heater hoses was the problem... :unsure:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
well. just got a call form the mechanic.. he says it is the heater hoses, they keep backing up or something and now the head gaskets are burnt again.. they said it isn't covered under warranty though because it wasn't something they did.. they didn't replace the heater hoses last time... but they said they would go halfers with us and "only" charge us 900 bucks :unsure: ...

I have told them a few times over the last year that I think the car was acting funny.. like the fan would run all the time and the heat temp gauge would sometimes go to half but every time they checked it out and said nothing was wrong.. I wonder if the heater hoses was the problem... :unsure:

i call bs on that.

heater hoses don't back up. either the water is flowing or it's not, and if it's not it's a clogged heater core or radiator. water pumps don't usually freeze up, the signs it's time to replace one is due to it leaking. the heater does not keep the engine cool as that's the radiator's job. all the heater core does is transfer heat from the radiator water to the interior of the car and when it's not running, the water from the radiator does not circulate thru it. this is why i and others use the heater as a temporary fix to cool an overheating engine, it puts the water in the heater core into circulation and helps draw out the heat from the water anyways (however, it's always an uncomfortable situation as most cars overheat during the summer and having the heater on full blast is a sweaty situation).

your head gaskets being burnt are from an issue between the circulation of the water between the engine's water jacket, water pump, radiator, and lines between the radiator and engine.

lastly - you might wanna start a topic about this item in ot to get far more responses and better info.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

yeah I know the turning the heat on trick...

my car worked fine all summer but then in the Fall when the weather started to cool down is when I started to have issues with the fan running all the time etc...

oh and I am not exactly sure what he said about the heater hoses...

Edited by Marilyn.
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.