lovesStrawberry

K1 Petition- We should worry or not?

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Dear VJs,

My fiance and I are a bit worried of our K1 Petition. We sent our I129-F last July 31, 2009 and we received our NO1 last August 08, 2009..So we consider ourselves to be grouped as August 2009 Filers..We are quite worried that many of the July-August Filers had already received their NO2 and even in the process of having received the Petition by their respective consulate. My fiance called the USCIS to follow-up and they said it is still ON REVIEW STATUS..

Do we have reason to worry? Or we gonna expect worse like receiving an RFE? What do you think might be the reason why we hadn't get our NO2? We had a lot of supporting documents to prove our bonifide relationship and we are quite worried for any circumstances of delayed Petition..

On the other hand, we are happy for those who got their approval. GodLuck, GodBless and GOOD JOB to all JULY-AUGUST 2009 FILERS and to all VJs!

Thanks.

Bet

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Dear VJs,

My fiance and I are a bit worried of our K1 Petition. We sent our I129-F last July 31, 2009 and we received our NO1 last August 08, 2009..So we consider ourselves to be grouped as August 2009 Filers..We are quite worried that many of the July-August Filers had already received their NO2 and even in the process of having received the Petition by their respective consulate. My fiance called the USCIS to follow-up and they said it is still ON REVIEW STATUS..

Do we have reason to worry? Or we gonna expect worse like receiving an RFE? What do you think might be the reason why we hadn't get our NO2? We had a lot of supporting documents to prove our bonifide relationship and we are quite worried for any circumstances of delayed Petition..

On the other hand, we are happy for those who got their approval. GodLuck, GodBless and GOOD JOB to all JULY-AUGUST 2009 FILERS and to all VJs!

Thanks.

Bet

Worry would do you no good but usually RFE's come fairly early. It's black hole. Welcome to the party.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
Dear VJs,

Thanks.

Bet

You aren't past the normal 5 months time frame. I know a couple that had to wait 10 months. Nothing special, no RFEs, just had to wait.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

There are still nearly 40% of August filers waiting on their NOA2, so I wouldnt worry.

There hasnt been much activity at CSC in the last week but you might get lucky as soon as they start approving more regularly again! :thumbs:

let's hope we get a good batch of approvals by the end of the week!

AoS Process

AoS/EAD/AP file sent: 2011-02-16

Received: 2011-02-17

NOA: 2011-02-22

Touched: 2011-02-24

Hard copy NOAs received : 2011-02-28

Biometrics letter received: 2011-02-28

Biometrics appt: 2011-03-17

EAD & AP approved: 2011-04-28

AOS appt: 2011-05-12 (notice sent April 6) APPROVED :)

event.png

Filed: Timeline

OMG! That makes me laugh so much, it is the reality but hard to swallow and really hillarious for me now as I am dealing with the fact :lol: :lol: :lol::rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Worry would do you no good but usually RFE's come fairly early. It's black hole. Welcome to the party.

I-130 FILED: 8/26/09

TOUCHED AND APPROVED 12/23/09. THE LORD IS FAITHFUL ALWAYS

NVC: CASE COMPLETE: Feb 3rd, 2010

INTERVIEW: Mar 12th, 7:00 a.m : APPROVED

POE / ARRIVAL: Washington D.C. April 8th.

Al hamdu li'lah, Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar, Al hamdu li'lah robbi al amin

Timeline

Thanks Everyone who spare time to comment..In some way or another it made us a bit eased and encourage!

Yes LOLAs, this is the reality we have to face and its a NERVE-RACKING experience but its really nice to know that after all of this, everything is WORTH IT!

Have a nice day everyone!

Thanks Everyone who spare time to comment..In some way or another it made us a bit eased and encourage!

Yes LOLAs, this is the reality we have to face and its a NERVE-RACKING experience but its really nice to know that after all of this, everything is WORTH IT!

Nerio and Beeth,

Hang in there. I know it gets frustrating but you'll see something soon! I filed in mid May and didn't see NOA2 until like mid September! Still waiting on an interview date but its coming!!

Removal of Conditions Journey

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/02/2012-Packaged arrived at Vermont Service Center-Signed by D. Renaud

04/05/2012- check cashed

04/07/2012- Recvd NOA in mail dated 04/03/2012

05/14/12-Biometrics Appointment- Completed

12/31/12-Production of card ordered text/email

mjnrabxt.png

Filed: Timeline

we will all get their with faith and hopefully will not regret our actions. goodluck

I-130 FILED: 8/26/09

TOUCHED AND APPROVED 12/23/09. THE LORD IS FAITHFUL ALWAYS

NVC: CASE COMPLETE: Feb 3rd, 2010

INTERVIEW: Mar 12th, 7:00 a.m : APPROVED

POE / ARRIVAL: Washington D.C. April 8th.

Al hamdu li'lah, Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar, Al hamdu li'lah robbi al amin

Timeline

My notice of action was received on August 13th, 2009 from the CVC and I still haven't got the NOA2 yet. I wouldn't worry too much...I'm with ya on this one. It'll probably come soon enough :)

Edited by The_Sage1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

From someone who recieved an RFE I do agree they come fairly quickly. I got mine when they were approving others that filed in my month. But, once you submit what they ask the approval comes fairly quickly.

Star

Filed: Country: Romania
Timeline

You're still within processing times, December 8th would be your 5 months mark. We had to wait exactly 7 months, no RFE's, no nothing. I honestly think my petition was sitting on a shelf waiting to be examined. If you go past the 5 month mark give Customer Service a call.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hui & I submitted I-129F in December 2008, received NOA2 in September. Still awaiting "packet 4" (interview appointment date and forms) from Guangzhou. Looks like the total process will take 12 months. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but as others have stated "Welcome to the Black Hole"!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Yeah...be prepared to wait. It took over 6 months for our petition to be approved, and that's after inquirys from our Senator and Congressman. I wouldn't suggest calling that worthless USCIS call center until you are past the posted processing time. :(

We're all here for you! No one else like friends or relatives can know exactly what it's like unless they go through it...

Here's to hoping you get your NOA2 soon!

Black hole party... :rofl:

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.