maherforever

Living agreements or arrangement

5 posts in this topic

Hello Vje's:

I used to have an account here a while back, but I forgot my password and I opened a new one.

here's my question:

it's almost time for us to fill for ROC, we pretty much have every possible evidence of our bona fide marriage,the only problem is our living arragements, here's the situation:

We live at the basement of my sister's house, she's not sure if we should make a lease or some type of living arragmentes because living in a basement is illegal?? She and her husband have no problem signing anything but they don't want to do it if we mention that they've rented us "the basement", they want to put "apartment" instead, which I have a problem because no one around where we live pays $630 for an apartment , which is nothing compare to how expensive the rent is in this area.

I really don't want to lie and put things that are not true in the contract, but do you really see a problem here?

I'd like to see your input in my situation, Thanks in advance for your help.

Dei

I forgot to mention that all utilities( they provide cable and internet as well) are included for $630

Edited by maherforever

Removing Conditions

12/30/2009: I-751 sent

12/31 2009 receieved at Vermont Center.

1/05/2010 check cashed

1/04/2010 NOA1

1/15/2010 Biometrics appoint. ( Feb. 3th)

4/12/2010 Aproved! Card production ordered!

4/20/2010 Card received

Finally over!!! no more uscis until naturalization.

Thank you LORD!!!!!!!

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me"

Hi...

Maybe, instead of a lease agreement or contract, you could instead have your sister and her husband make an affidavit stating that you and your husband are living with them. The affidavit can describe the living arrangement not necessarily in detail but just to prove that you and your husband are living as a couple under one roof.

Just a thought.

"... for our Love conquered both Time and Distance."

Hi...

Maybe, instead of a lease agreement or contract, you could instead have your sister and her husband make an affidavit stating that you and your husband are living with them. The affidavit can describe the living arrangement not necessarily in detail but just to prove that you and your husband are living as a couple under one roof.

Just a thought.

Thanks for your quick response.

That is indeed a "thought", I"m not sure how inmigrations see family members writing 'affidavis" for family thou.

Thanks

Removing Conditions

1/05/2010 check cashed

1/04/2010 NOA1

4/20/2010 Card received

Thank you LORD!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Many people on here live with family (as a married couple) and getting them to write letters or affidavits swearing to such is common. In your case, if your sister claims the rental income on her taxes, then I would have her go ahead and say that they rent to you. If they don't claim it and are nervous about writing such a document, then the affidavit described above should be fine.

http://static-forums.visajourney.com/public/style_emoticons/default/timeline.gif

Full timeline can be seen in my profile

CURRENT STATE OF AFFAIRS - I-130 petition for married sibling

Jul 5 - Receipt date for I-130 petition for my over 21 brother and his wife (both in the UK)

Feb 23 - Sent USCIS a message asking for a processing update

May 6 - Received an email response saying things were progressing normally but that waiting times might be longer

THE OG STORY - From K-1 to Citizenship (a love story)
K-1: Aug 12, 2006 to Jan 17, 2007 - mailed I-129F
AOS: Feb 26, 2007 - Jul 26, 2007
REMOVING CONDITIONS: May 4, 2009 - Oct 3, 2009
CITIZENSHIP: Nov 27, 2012 - May 9, 2013

Note: I immigrated from Canada, not T&T - the timeline is reflective of this.

THE SAGA CONTINUES - IR-5 Story
I-130 for Parents - 2013
Aug ?? - mailed I-130 packages for both mother and father
Sept 10 - NOA1 date
Sept 16 - NOA1s received

Feb 25, 26 & 28 - got emails saying that the cases had been transferred to another office, then to my local office, and then just transferred and are being processed

Mar 17 - got email, attached to one case number only, saying that my A number was changed relating to the I-130 filing

Mar 18 - got emails saying that the petitions are approved http://static-forums.visajourney.com/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.png

Mar 20 - N-400 receipt date for my father

Apr 21 - Biometrics appt.

May 2 - Interview

May 20 - Naturalization ceremony

Visit my website Dancing Light Stained Glass Studio to view my work.

Many people on here live with family (as a married couple) and getting them to write letters or affidavits swearing to such is common. In your case, if your sister claims the rental income on her taxes, then I would have her go ahead and say that they rent to you. If they don't claim it and are nervous about writing such a document, then the affidavit described above should be fine.

Thanks, you have a good point that I didn't thought about.

I'll ask her and see what she says, I just get nervous when it comes to inmigration stuff you know,we have to do it right and flawless.

Thanks again

Dei

Removing Conditions

1/05/2010 check cashed

1/04/2010 NOA1

4/20/2010 Card received

Thank you LORD!!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.