dan.and.audrey

Globe, Smart or Sun?

18 posts in this topic

I use smart for roaming services and it is good so far even without load balance for months. There is a new gadget also for smart, i just cant remember the name, endorsed by Aiai. It is a USB device that you will connect to a PC with internet connection and they can call and text you in local charge, as if you are in the Philippines. You can ask Smart about this.

I think there is a new promo also from globe for ofw's (kababayan sim) so it might be ok as well.

06-19-2008 : Filed I-130

06-24-2008 : NOA 1

04-00-2009 : Wife became USC

09-30-2009 : NOA 2

10-19-2009 : Paid AoS bill

10-29-2009 : DS-3032 submitted

10-30-2009 : I-864 submitted

11-14-2009 : IV bill received

11-19-2009 : IV bill paid

11-25-2009 : DS-230 sent (from SA)

12-03-2009 : DS-230 received by NVC

12-13-2009 : Log in failed. Yes!

12-14-2009 :Case complete. Oh yes!

12-15-2009 : Appointment letter received.

01-10-2010 : Medical exam

01-30-2010 : Interview date at US Embassy - Riyadh! Approved!

02-02-2010 : Visa on hand! :)

12-19-2011 : I-751 Receipt Notice

02-08-2012 : Biometrics appointment

Filed: Timeline

Ok from what I have researched is this...........

What i used to use was a T-Mobile prepaid sim on the sidekick plan, texting the Philippines was unlimited for $1 a day. You dont need a SIDEKICK phone, just sign it up on the SIDEKICK plan and place the sim on any phone and start texting away.

But now I use this:

Google voice, you can go to voice.google.com and sign up for a online account, from there you can text anywhere in the world for free and its unlimited. Now if you have a GOOGLE PHONE AKA Android Phone or a BLACKBERRY, you can install the Google voice application and from there you can text anywhere in the world for free. Now the only this is that with GOOGLE VOICE you cannot just sign up for a account, you will have to wait till they invite you, for those that are interested leave me a message I can send you a invite for free.

To Make calls to the PHILIPPINES:

My Fiancee has a laptop and a internet connection at her home, before going to the Philippines I went to Walgreens and bought the MAGICJACK for $40, its a USB dongle where you connect a regular phone line to it. I activated it here in Las Vegas with a 702 area code and brang it to the Philippines and its now full time connected to my Fiancees computer. Now anytime I can call her and its like dialing a regular seven digit number here in the states. The surprising this is that the connection is really clear and I am quite impressed with it, its the best $40 i have ever spent.

it all depends on what you are using it for...if it is for your loved ones in the PI to txt you..then it dont think it matters..just what is best for them. I currently have a smart roaming card and i am using it in kuwait. I only have it so we can text back and forth when we cant be on the computer. As far as calling...i use skype video chat...it is completely free to use aside from the internet connection of course.

If you are wanting them to text you and they can use a computer...have them use chikka to text you and get a prepaid phone in the US to register chikka with. I can reply to chikka with my at&t phone for free...same with yahoo messenger. It depends on how or what you are going to use the roaming card for.

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.