mox

Veteran's Day

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I know we've got some vets here in RUB, so I just wanted to pass on that tomorrow (Nov 11) Applebees is offering free entrees to active, retired, and veteran military. Whether you partake or not, might be cool to drop Applebees a line and let them know you really appreciate this kind of recognition.

Link.

:thumbs: God Bless America and God Bless our service men and women past, present and future!

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Very cool, Applebees! Almost makes up for having a smokeless bar.

Thanks for the link, mox.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

I wonder if they'll give me a free meal if I just wear my medals on my jacket. I found two of them a few weeks back but still looking for the other. Not much for me, just Defense, Vietnam Service and Vietnam Campaign medals. Gee, that seems like another lifetime ago.

Seems a little strange to bring in my DD214 to get a free meal. :blink:

I'm pretty sure just a photocopy of your DD214 would be fine. No way I'm bringing in the original to a restaurant. :D

That or a picture in uniform.

I agree with you Mox...got mine locked in safety deposit box after my son (when he was 2) thought it would look good with crayon on it :D

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Had lunch today at an Applebees with a vet friend of mine. The people working there were very nice to the vets, I must say. They have a special limited menu for the occasion but not bad selections. I opted for the Bacon Burger with fries...what could be more American? Not bad.

We went at 11 am when they open and got seated without a problem. By noon the place was packed with a long out the door. So, we didn't sit and chat along time. There was a feeling of being urged to leave but understandable with a huge crowd. I imagine dinner would be worse. Bottom line, go early.

Th Golden Coral chain also gives vets a free meal but on Monday the 16th I think. I'm not sure if they're a nationwide chain.

McCormick & Schmick's Grill also gives free meals to vets but that was last Sunday. They always do Sunday so family can be together on a non work day. The place is expensive so it's a good deal but be careful about drinks and desserts...there very pricey. Again, I'm not sure if they're nation wide or not.

Happy Veterans Day to all our RUB and VJ vets, btw! And to those currently in harm's way, please be as safe as you can!

Belated thanks mox! Nice to see you around.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.