JamesRachel

How did you miss Philippines this comming christmas ?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Last Christmas i celebrate here in USA with my new family here. I thought white Christmas was fine and good since i was with my husband but i still missing the Christmas in the Philippines since is so different how we celebrate it with our family even we're living in small Island or village I cant still feel the spirit of christmas.I can hear a lots of Christmas songs anywhere when a month of September started , some people was started gathered their Christmas decor or lantern and in the store or market or in the street you can saw a lots of business people selling a Christmas lantern in early of October.

When December is coming we are so excited about the "Simbang Gabi" or " 9 Mornings" to make our wish come true for coming year. Caroling is the most i missed in Philippines,the fire crackers and most of all the "Noche Buena" specially our Christmas delecacies that we shared to eat together with our Family and don't forget the giving and receiving present from Ninong's and Ninang. The smile of everyone around the street to celebrate the christmas with or without Noche Buena.Christmas in Philippines is awesome and i won't ever forget wherever i was in this whole wide world.

Now Christmas is coming again and I missed it badly but i will try to feel and share the real spirit of Christmas to my owned family to make awesome and unforgetable even i was far to my loving country and most of all to my parents,brother's and sister.

12-05-08 Arrived at Detroit Airport

12-06-08 Cincinnati, Ohio

12-13- 08 Detroit, Maine ( Home )

01-25-09 Sent EAD to St. Albans, Vermont

01-27-09 Confirm St. Albans, Vermont received!

03-30-09 Approval notice sent

03-31-09 EAD sent for printing

04-01-09 EAD Card Mailed

04-04-09 EAD Card in Hand

04-07-09 Applied SSN ( need to wait a 10 days or 2 weeks to deliver)

01-15-2011 10 yrs Green Card Receive

Theses are the things I will be missing this Christmas;

Parol - As early as November, Filipinos houses offices, schools, shoppingmalls and even streets are adorned with these star-shaped multicolored lanterns.

Simbang Gab - The series of nine dawn masses, the mass starts as early as 4:00 a.m. It begins on December 16 and ends on the midnight of the 24th of December.

Christmas Caroling - Children and adults form groups and enjoy hopping from one house to another every night singing Jingle Bells, Silent Night and traditional Filipino Christmas songs.

Monito Monita or Exchange Gifts-We always have this in our house every 25 midnight of December.

Noche Buena - Hayyyy, lots of food. Even the poorest family in the Philippines I think has something for noche buena.

This Christmas, my husband has to work, so we will be celebrating our first christmas together at work. I don't mind, as long as Im with him on that day but surely nothing compares to Christmas in the Philippines.

Visit My Website

Nothing Worth Having is Easy.

Ah.. this will be my first Christmas ever to celebrate in the Philippines with my wife to be. I wondered how it will be different. I asked them if it's different in the Philippines but they said it was the same as the US. Hehe.. I figured not but I will be experiencing the Filipino Christmas for the first time with her and her family :)

I hope you will enjoy Christmas in the US with your family also..

K1 timeline :

1/11/10 - I-129F sent to California Service Center

1/19/10 - NOA1

2/18/10 - moved and changed address on USCIS site

2/19/10 - touched

3/10/10 - touched

3/10/10 - NOA2, hardcopy recieved 3/12

3/16/10 - Left NVC, recieved MNL case #

3/22/10 - USEM recieved

4/19/10 - Passed Medical

4/28/10 - Interview - Approved

4/30/10 - Picked up Visa and completed CFO

5/5/10 - POE - Honolulu, Hawaii

5/6/10 - married in Hawaii

AOS timeline:

7/8/10 - received SSN Card

7/16/10 - reported US marriage for RP records

10/18/10 - AOS delivered in Chicago

10/25/10 - NOA1

11/04/10 - Biometrics Letter Received

11/23/10 - Biometrics Completed

11/24/10 - touched

11/26/10 - touched

02/14/11 - AOS approved at Interview, GC ordered

02/22/11 - GC arrives in mail

ROC Timeline:

12/17/12 - I-751 sent to California Service Center

12/20/12 - NOA1 arrives in mail

1/14/13 - Biometrics appointment

4/11/13 - RC Approved at Interview

4/22/13 - 10 Year Green Card arrived in mail

event.png

Always Thankful for God's blessings on our lives..

I spent last Christmas in Philippines as well as New Years. I know Shirr will miss her family and friends from back home. She has asked about New Years already. No firecrackers here in Iowa as they are not legal. I was in Baguio last New Years and it was truly awe inspiring. I have never heard more fireworks in my entire life. For almost an hour the explosions of sky rockets and fire crackers echoed off the mountains.

I enjoyed it so much I am sad I will miss it this year.

We are already planning to return in a couple of years. :thumbs:

kp7cnfvctuzu.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Right, Christmas in Pinas is really different but as long you with your owned family must be happy. But i was looking forward really to celebrate Christmas again in Philippines in couple Year.

Miss the "Bibingka".Hay!!!!!!

Edited by JamesRachel

12-05-08 Arrived at Detroit Airport

12-06-08 Cincinnati, Ohio

12-13- 08 Detroit, Maine ( Home )

01-25-09 Sent EAD to St. Albans, Vermont

01-27-09 Confirm St. Albans, Vermont received!

03-30-09 Approval notice sent

03-31-09 EAD sent for printing

04-01-09 EAD Card Mailed

04-04-09 EAD Card in Hand

04-07-09 Applied SSN ( need to wait a 10 days or 2 weeks to deliver)

01-15-2011 10 yrs Green Card Receive

Hello Rachel, glad to see you and James are doing well in the Northeast.

What helped my Asawa was finding a nearby Fil/Am society who had a Christmas Party. The party engaged in traditional dance, song, and food. Meryll is wanting to have our own Fil/Am Christmas party this year.

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

This will be my 3rd Christmas here in USA. I still want to celebrate Christmas in the Philippines because Christmas here is different unlike our PASKO (pinas) ay kamishhhh. :crying::crying::crying:

09/28/08-green card received

1-751

07/02/10-mailed it 2day

07/06/10-they received my application forms

07/13/10-received notice receipt(gc extended for one year)

07/28/10-received biometric appointment

09/23/10 GC approved!!!

9/26/20 Gota pproval notice

10/01/10 GC receivedd

event.png

I never knew how much love my heart could hold until my son called me "MOMMY."

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Last Christmas i celebrate here in USA with my new family here. I thought white Christmas was fine and good since i was with my husband but i still missing the Christmas in the Philippines since is so different how we celebrate it with our family even we're living in small Island or village I cant still feel the spirit of christmas.I can hear a lots of Christmas songs anywhere when a month of September started , some people was started gathered their Christmas decor or lantern and in the store or market or in the street you can saw a lots of business people selling a Christmas lantern in early of October.

When December is coming we are so excited about the "Simbang Gabi" or " 9 Mornings" to make our wish come true for coming year. Caroling is the most i missed in Philippines,the fire crackers and most of all the "Noche Buena" specially our Christmas delecacies that we shared to eat together with our Family and don't forget the giving and receiving present from Ninong's and Ninang. The smile of everyone around the street to celebrate the christmas with or without Noche Buena.Christmas in Philippines is awesome and i won't ever forget wherever i was in this whole wide world.

Now Christmas is coming again and I missed it badly but i will try to feel and share the real spirit of Christmas to my owned family to make awesome and unforgetable even i was far to my loving country and most of all to my parents,brother's and sister.

I do really miss spending Christmas it been 10years the last time...hmmmm

.....God is really Good....this is life together as one.....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.