ATexanandanAussie

Help - Having Trouble getting Police Certificate in Australia

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hey Y'all. Every time my fiance goes to his local police station, they are too busy to take his fingerprints and police cert. Does anyone have any suggestions? He lives in New South Wales, but 6 hours from Sydney. We have been trying for a week and a half.

Thanks!

I would call & ask them the best way to get that done. We had to have my husbands mailed to us in the US foe AOS & it took about 3 months to get! Very friendly people, but very slow process! Much luck to you!

I would call & ask them the best way to get that done. We had to have my husbands mailed to us in the US foe AOS & it took about 3 months to get! Very friendly people, but very slow process! Much luck to you!

Kimberly Troth

Details

Met online Dec 2007

Started talking online (Xbox) 02/15/2008

Came to US to meet 08/29/2008 (return home date was 11/14/2008)

Got engaged 10/05/2008

Got married at sunset on the beach 11/01/2008

7fdc6d7397.png

I-130/765/485

02/27/2009 sent papers Usps to Chicago Lock Box

03/07/2009 received NOAs dated 03/04/09 (130 & 765 show online 485 does not)

03/13/2009 received biometrics appt notice for 03/27/2009

03/27/2009 biometrics appt @3pm (in & out in less than 20 minutes)

04/16/2009 Received pink notice of medical exam needed

04/17/2009 Had medical exam done by Civil Surgeon (have to return on Tuesday 04/21/2009 forResults)

04/24/2009 Papers delivered to Lees Summit (MSC) :o)

05/07/2009 Received email from CRIS that EAD card has been ordered & should arrive within 30 days

05/08/2009 Received email from CRIS that EAD Approval Notice was sent

05/09/2009 Received EAD card in mail YAAAAAY

05/12/2009 Applied for Social Security Card

05/15/2009 NOA received with I-485 interview date 07/20/2009

020b50f4b0.png

07/20/2009 AOS Interview in Orlando FL

07/21/2009 Email received " Card Production Ordered " YAAAAY 139 days!

07/24/2009 Welcome letter received! & Approval of I-130 also received! Yaaay

08/04/2009 Green Card received! Hoooraaaaay!!

Timeline

I had the same issue and it took me over a week to get in to get my fingerprints done. There is nothing they can do and at my local station if they have people in custody they wont allow you in to process your fingerprints. I had to ring daily to see if there was anyone in custody. Its was stressing me out for a while but then got a chance to go in. Just keep at them and eventually they will be able to see you.

Timeline
I had the same issue and it took me over a week to get in to get my fingerprints done. There is nothing they can do and at my local station if they have people in custody they wont allow you in to process your fingerprints. I had to ring daily to see if there was anyone in custody. Its was stressing me out for a while but then got a chance to go in. Just keep at them and eventually they will be able to see you.

Thanks Both! Oddly enough... he was just able to get it done! Woo Hoo! Just a couple more steps. How long did it take to get yours?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

wow, you would think a police station would have the ability to print more than one person at once? Thats good you finally got it though, hopefully it doesn't take them too ling to get it all done!

Married February 20, 2010

Permanent Resident April 22, 2010

Naturalized Citizen January 14, 2014

Proud Dual Citizen of Australia and the USA!

Timeline

Now he is getting his medical done and I am wondering how long it will take for that.. and if he has to send that back in to get his interview appt, or just take the results with him to the interview.

Does anybody know?

wow, you would think a police station would have the ability to print more than one person at once? Thats good you finally got it though, hopefully it doesn't take them too ling to get it all done!

Our timelines are soooo close! Danial got his medical today. Good luck tomorrow!

Edited by ATexanandanAussie

Timeline
Now he is getting his medical done and I am wondering how long it will take for that.. and if he has to send that back in to get his interview appt, or just take the results with him to the interview.

Does anybody know?

Our timelines are soooo close! Danial got his medical today. Good luck tomorrow!

We sent our original medical documents in with the rest of the packet 3, but it seems like you can hold on to the originals and bring them with you to the interview:

This is the link we were given in packet 3:

http://canberra.usembassy.gov/consular/visas/iv/medical.html

Jul 22, 2009: I-129F Sent

Jul 30, 2009: I-129F NOA1

Oct 09, 2009: I-129F NOA2

Oct 13, 2009: NVC received

Oct 21, 2009: NVC sent to Sydney

Oct 26, 2009: Sydney Received

Oct 27, 2009: Packet 3 email received

Nov 02, 2009: Packet 3 sent

Nov 04, 2009: Packet 4 received

Nov 24, 2009: Interview scheduled

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.