AngelK96

Yallah Middle East 3.0, For the Middle East and Egypt People

638 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Hehe, the first time I went to Cairo was in August, so my theory of Middle East = darn hot was cemented. The next time I went was in January, and luckly I had a sweater along that I had worn while going to Chicago for the flight. It was a wee bit nippy, especially at night.

I had that same issue... I went in November but had this image of Africa = smoking hot all year long! It was comfortable most of the time BUT at night and early in the morning it was COLD and they had no heat in our apartment! :lol:

I tease Yousuf that when he comes here he's going to freeze to death. :P

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline
Thanks for the 'weather' advice! The first 3 trips were so hot his family followed me around with an electric fan. I can handle 'Chicago' hot' , but that 'Texas hot' is not for me. :lol: It will be a nice change to wear a sweater there.

Jackie

LOL my husband kept saying the West Bank was soooo hot in the summer. I kept trying to explain to him -- that's dry heat without any humidity -- a piece of cake compared to South Texas.

Now he knows what "subtropical" really means. Thank God for air conditioning !

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline

Thanks for the 'weather' advice! The first 3 trips were so hot his family followed me around with an electric fan. I can handle 'Chicago' hot' , but that 'Texas hot' is not for me. :lol: It will be a nice change to wear a sweater there.

Jackie

LOL my husband kept saying the West Bank was soooo hot in the summer. I kept trying to explain to him -- that's dry heat without any humidity -- a piece of cake compared to South Texas.

:lol:

Mine too. I kept telling him it's the same temp as in Irbid and he goes but it's different. He was trying to explain humidity I said you mean like water mixed with the air and he goes YES!

Jackie

:lol:

Mine too. I kept telling him it's the same temp as in Irbid and he goes but it's different. He was trying to explain humidity I said you mean like water mixed with the air and he goes YES!

Mine just couldn't figure it out..how it could be 80 and so so so so much more hot and hard to breathe here...he said the same thing ...its like "swimming in air" and going outside "makes me sticky" I said, "yes, welcome to humidity"

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Hey guys can someone PM me the link to the yahoo group ? It got deleted with all my other websited by accident.

Does anyone still go on there ? Even if noone does I want to go on there to delete my pics since noone goes on there.

Thanks

Reunited and it feels so good ....

NOA #1 - March 23rd, 2004

Interview- May 18th, 2006 (Success !)

Arrived in the US - May 27, 2006 (our IR-1 visa journey was 2 years and 2 months long)

Wedding - June 17th, 2006

It's a Girl ! Baby Hana's expected due date - March 30th, 2007

591088.png

I have a cute 'humidity' story. One day I said it was sticky. I was leaving for work and it was already hot and he said 'Oh honey you stinky.' I said 'What did you say?' He said, just like you said, it is stinky. LOL,,I said I am sticky not STINKY!' :lol:

Jackie

:lol::lol:

Filed DCF in Jordan from 7-05 to 3-06, Approved for I-R1.

Immigration Free until 2008.

Two Hearts, Two Different Places, Sharing One Dream

We were strangers~ Starting out on a journey~Never dreaming What we'd have to go through ~Now here we are ~ And I'm suddenly standing ~ At the beginning with you ~ No one told me I was going to find you ~ Unexpected ~ What you did to my heart ~ When I lost hope You were there to remind me ~ This is the start ~ Life is a road And I want to keep going ~ Love is a river I wanna keep flowing ~ Life is a road Now and forever ~ Wonderful journey ~ I'll be there When the world stops turning~ I'll be there When the storm is through ~ In the end I wanna be standing At the beginning with you~

.png

I have a cute 'humidity' story. One day I said it was sticky. I was leaving for work and it was already hot and he said 'Oh honey you stinky.' I said 'What did you say?' He said, just like you said, it is stinky. LOL,,I said I am sticky not STINKY!' :lol:

Jackie

:D:lol::D:lol:

Interview-December 2005

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
That's cute :lol:

i thought you were gone for the day? :huh:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

imshi!!

remember this?

I'm in a bad mood today so I'm not gonna post much.. don't wanna go off on anyone :blush:

pet.gif

Nevermind, scratch that... I just broke that promise.

I'm out!

Peace!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

imshi!!

remember this?

I'm in a bad mood today so I'm not gonna post much.. don't wanna go off on anyone :blush:

pet.gif

Nevermind, scratch that... I just broke that promise.

I'm out!

Peace!

Yah I remember saying nevermind and to scratch the idea that I wasn't gonna post much today :lol:

its' ok...i'm not in the best of moods either....keep on keepin on

Interview-December 2005

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline

I am going on a sabbatical from VJ :) but I'll be back for JordanianPrincess Countdown :thumbs:

Finally I am going back to 30 hours a week no more of this 40+ hours it was making me so tired and also i want to be devoting more time to being with my husband. I'd rather be making less money and being happy than overworked and tired, sure the extra money was nice but the last two weeks I worked 107 hours it made me exhausted.

I also bought an arabic for dummies book and an arabic computer language program. My koran in english is coming from Jordan this week so time to start educating myself.

Best Wishes for everyone!!!

Have a good ramadan and happy eid!!!

P.S another member of the Jordan Posse is on Leave also, girl beat me too it. Wish you the best!!!

Good Luck to the new members going through Amman if you have any questions feel free to email me.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.