Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
dats my $1 worth ( sry we dont have 2 cents in ja) ;)
u stoopid! :lol::lol:

I just love having you two around.....you're so cute together!! (and apart :lol:;) )

One things for sure...I love this man with all of my heart and I wouldn't want to do anything or say anything that would risk my losing him...He is the light of my life, and I will do whatever I have to do in order to be with him...Thanks for listening guys! :P

Most of us have been there and totally understand where you are coming from. PLEASE vent when you need to. We have all used this board to do that exact thing.

I've said it before -- I would have NEVER been able to get through this without everyone here on VJ. We are all here for you!!!

Belly

I agree, this journey, takes a lot out of you. I think I have experienced every emotion, from joy, to depression.

At least you have a strong support system here...so you can vent. These ladies are the best.

so feel free to: :cry:

(CRY)) ((SCREAM)) ((THROW STUFF)) ....... you know what I mean (L)

12/03/2005: Married

10/13/2006: Interview Approved

10/26/2006: POE: EWR (ARRIVED) [/size]

182 days from filing to Visa in Hand!!![/color]

AOS/EAD

01/22/2007: Sent to The Lockbox.....let the games begin.....again

02/02/2007: NOA1's for both....the waiting game officially begins

02/15/2007: Biometrics appt.

04/11/2007: EAD APPROVED!! YI-HAW

04/21/2007: Received SSN#

05/23/2007: AOS Interview -------> APPROOOOOOVED!!!!!!

05/29/2007: Received Welcome letter

06/04/2007: Green Card in Hand!!!

122 Days from filing AOS to Green Card in Hand!!!

REMOVING CONDITIONS

05/21/2009: Filed to Remove Conditions

6/18/2009: Biometrics Done

09/14/2009: Approved!!!

Citizenship

2/15/2011: Filed N-400

3/28/2011: Biometrics <-- Done

5/09/2011: Naturalization Interview <--- APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5/09/2011: Swearing in Ceremony (We're Done)

MY HUSBAND IS NOW A US CITIZEN

Proudmomwife.gifI_love_my_baby_boy.gif

3051_1113026182751_1139795553_30500807_687968_s.jpgZackie.jpgthumb_3051_1113025702739_1139795553_30500806_7039703_s.jpg

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so feel free to:

Personally, I like to throw things!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
so feel free to:

Personally, I like to throw things!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

After Henry told me I waste too much time on VJ/online and called you guys weirdos :lol: , I slammed our bedroom door 3X right off the hinge!! :lol::blush: It's an old house, I swear. :innocent:

Hey everyone...thanks for the 2 cents or $1, or whatever you contributed to my situation...Sitting down and really thinking about it, I know that what he is doing is making the most sense. It's just that I want this to be over SOOOO bad so that we can just be together....This whole situation has taught me so much more than patience...And I feel what a couple of yall are saying about not insulting his manhood...I do run off at the mouth sometimes (I got that ALOT from EVERY man that I've dated! :huh: ) I've tried to keep myself in check most of the times, but there are those times when....Anyway, he and I did have the opportunity to talk about everything that was said between us, and the way things were going, and we've managed to get back on track....One things for sure...I love this man with all of my heart and I wouldn't want to do anything or say anything that would risk my losing him...He is the light of my life, and I will do whatever I have to do in order to be with him...Thanks for listening guys! :P

Everything will work out :thumbs: Just be patient.

Damien always tell me I chat to much :unsure: . I thought he meant that I talk to much in general. But nope it means I run my mouth (talking trash) to him all the time. I've learned to choose my battles with him and learn to listen - well at least I'm trying :hehe:

Oh yeah! I have heard that one! :lol:

True - choosing your battles will get you very far on the job, at church, at home, wherever.

Jill - what the mcfrikety is a wolf spider??? I got chills and their multiplyin'!!! I have seen big tarantulas back home (as Lake) but just the name WOLF SPIDER!! LAWDAMERCY! :o

Edited by Elizabethnhenry

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Roy has NO CLUE as to what goes on in the wonderful world of VJ......and he never will......

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

08/30/05 - Approved

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

Timeline
Roy has NO CLUE as to what goes on in the wonderful world of VJ......and he never will......

smart lady! One day Henry looked over my shoulder and said "yuh nah tired broadcast yuh business to dem invisible people!! :lol::lol: My honey really treasures his privacy.

OH PS,

For you guys who can get your man driving as soon as you can, go for it! It has changed Henry's life to have his license and be able to go wherever he wants.....and to have me depend on him (I can't drive). ALthough he keeps telling me I really MUST get my license. :o

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Timeline

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for your well wishes and support. We tied the knot today (at our local park and my friend married us)...pictures to come soon. It was quiet, romantic and just the 3 of us (me, my son and Craig).

Next July we're going to have the "big one" in Negril.

:D:D:D:D(L)

Filed: Country: Guyana
Timeline
Jill - what the mcfrikety is a wolf spider??? I got chills and their multiplyin'!!! I have seen big tarantulas back home (as Lake) but just the name WOLF SPIDER!! LAWDAMERCY! :o

Elizabeth, you never heard of Wolf Spiders? They really dont look all that big when curled up in their hole, but when they come out, eeeeks! They dont have a web, they live in a hole in the ground, and in the fall, they start looking for a warm place to overwinter (as do a LOT of things).

I remember seeing one run out from beneath the dryer years ago and I thot it was a mouse, when the 8 legs registered, I started shaking, and hollering for my mama! They jump about a foot, and are kind of aggressive if cornered and have one heck of a bite I guess, so they scare the bejeebers outta me. I hate spiders of any kind, but ones that wanna jump on ya when ya try to kill them, well, thats just TOOOO much.

I know the first time I showed Lake a hole, he said, "thats nothing, it cant be very big". But I think your tarantula's, arent they slow? Like there are tarantula's in Texas but they are slow and dont have much of a bite. These suckers run FAST. He has yet to actually SEE one out of its hole, except there was one in the basement the other day I killed with the broom, and I made him dispose of its dead body. He didnt say "That's nothin" this time, and it was all curled up an dead even.

That one I made Mom kill years ago, she used to ALWAYS get on us cuz we were such sissies, she thot we should kill everything ourselves. We it was 2 AM IN THE MORNING, I woke her from a sound sleep, and she didnt bawl me out even. She told me later...she got to shakin too and thinkin "That thing coulda eat me for breakfast!" :lol:

Ooooh, I get the heebeejeebies just thinkin bout them.

I love that word, mcfrickety! :lol::lol:

Timeline

May 15th Lake arrived NYC on tourist visa

6-15-05 Flew NCY to "fetch" Lake for visit here

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

9- 1-05 - SENT AOS, EAD, AP, & ETC

9-12-05 NOA1 - FOR I-130, I-145, & AP, EAD

10-5-05 RFE for Birth C. & medical

10-24-05 GOT LEARNERS PERMIT

11-3-05 DRIVERS LICENSE :)

11-16-05 overnited RFE

11-17-05 Rcvd NOA2 for EAD, bio set for 12-5-05

11-25-05 Recvd AOS bio letter, apptmt for 12-14-05

12-5-05 Biometrics (they did BOTH!)

Infopass, got temp EAD, AP no luck

12-6-05 Applied for SSN, not in system

12-10-05 AP finally arrives!

12-11-05 1 year EAD card!

12-23-05 Interview letter arrives! 3-3-06

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

3-3-06 Interview-APPROVED! Passport stamped :)

3-14-06 Green card arrives!

Timeline

Elizabeth, you never heard of Wolf Spiders? They really dont look all that big when curled up in their hole, but when they come out, eeeeks! They dont have a web, they live in a hole in the ground, and in the fall, they start looking for a warm place to overwinter (as do a LOT of things).

I remember seeing one run out from beneath the dryer years ago and I thot it was a mouse, when the 8 legs registered, I started shaking, and hollering for my mama! They jump about a foot, and are kind of aggressive if cornered and have one heck of a bite I guess, so they scare the bejeebers outta me. I hate spiders of any kind, but ones that wanna jump on ya when ya try to kill them, well, thats just TOOOO much.

I I love that word, mcfrickety! :lol::lol:

I :o am scurred!!! I want my mommy too!!!

yes, tarantulas back home are as slow as molasses. Once one came near the bed when I was a kid as daddy was reading to us and he freaked out (city slicker!!) My brother and I (country mice) were like relax and we covered him with the sheet and let it crawl over him and up one poster of the four poster bed. Then my grandpa caught him and a paper bag. Today I would not be so calm.

Yes, I am the queen of fake curses....frikety frak, mcfrickety, son of brooklyn bridge....I got a million of em.

Hello all :P

Where you been, Willis!!?? :D

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for your well wishes and support. We tied the knot today (at our local park and my friend married us)...pictures to come soon. It was quiet, romantic and just the 3 of us (me, my son and Craig).

Congratulations!!! (L):luv:

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hi Everyone,

Congratulations and best wishes. Sounds romantic...

WE ARE DONE!!!

For you guys who can get your man driving as soon as you can, go for it! It has changed Henry's life to have his license and be able to go wherever he wants.....and to have me depend on him (I can't drive). ALthough he keeps telling me I really MUST get my license. :o
I agree. That's next on our "to do" list. Wish we would have taken care of it when he was just sitting around the house waiting for the EAD.....oh well.

Ladies -- RUN don't walk to the DMV and get them a license!!!

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for your well wishes and support. We tied the knot today (at our local park and my friend married us)...pictures to come soon. It was quiet, romantic and just the 3 of us (me, my son and Craig). :D:D:D:D(L)

(L)Congratulations!! (L)

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

08/30/05 - Approved

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

Timeline
I agree. That's next on our "to do" list. Wish we would have taken care of it when he was just sitting around the house waiting for the EAD.....oh well.

Ladies -- RUN don't walk to the DMV and get them a license!!!

Yeah for the newcomers...as soon as your man gets here get a copy of the DMV Manual and go online to your DMV website and have him do the practice quizzes over and over (for Henry it felt like school and he was accomplishing something). As soon as your hubby/fiance gets enough US identification to add up to the requisite points, run, as Mindy says to the DMV. Henry used his EAD, K3 visa, social security card, and his passport. They told us the EAD and K3 cancelled each other out because they were "Issued by the same entity". So we then had to get a utility bill put in his name showing our address and with that he got the learner's permit. Did a five hour class and passed the road test. :D He was really proud. :luv: My step brother has been here 5 years and still does not even have the learner's permit.

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hi Everyone,

awwwww.....CONGRATULATIONS!!! I know you must be SO happy!! (F)(L):D

Hey...you guys keep talking about make sure you RUN and not walk to the DMV to get your man a license, but my question is, "What is he going to be drivingg?" Especially if he's only been in the country a couple of months and isn't able to work and help purchase a car for himself. I mean, I don't have a lot of money, and I'm certainly not trying to take on a new car note at this point in my life! :( I personally, own 1 car...and I use that car EVERYDAY to travel back and forth to work, school, intern, etc. etc. So him having a license right off might not be doing much, as he really won't have access to any private transportation...now what I WILL do is get him a monthly bus pass, and a SMART TRIP card for the metro trains! :thumbs::D I don't want him sitting around doing nothing, and this way, he can explore the city and learn how to get around on his own while I'm away during the day!

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

That was my thinking exactly....we can't afford a car until he gets a job.....I thought we were lucky because within walking distance of the house are TONS of job opportunities......we filled out applications for about 30 places (no lie) -- he only got one interview -- at Target -- got the job.....but he hasn't worked since the beginning of August.

He has a bike and that has helped a lot.....

Now, we are working on the license because having a car will allow him to search for work other than what is close to our house.

Looking back -- I wish I had him do this while he was sitting around the house. I know money is an issue but in the long run -- this is the best thing to do!!

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

08/30/05 - Approved

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

Filed: Timeline
Hi Everyone,

Congratulations Kelly and Craig!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.