Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thank you for all your information. I finally got through to the Embassy at 4:25 pm (3:25 their time) after being transfered around. No date has been set yet. They received the DS230 on August 30th. Oh well, she said early November which is okay since I will be going down on the 10th so if I have to go a few days earlier it is easier to pay the $100 change instead of flying down, back home and then back for vacation.

I followed Kim's directions and it worked great.

WE ARE DONE!!!

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes its october 13th :dance: i call yesterday an they told me... my wife (savanphil) is very happy but im nervous , i wil pick up my police rec an pac 4 on friday
:dance:Yipee!! :dance:

Don't be nervous....everything will be just fine :yes:

this is # i use to call the embassy an get thru in less than 15mins everytime (876) 929 4850 to 9 if u get automated system dont press nething jus wait for a while an it will connect u to a person directly

Hi SAVANPHILMAN....... (L)(L)(L)(L)

The two of you are so cute... (L)

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
yes its october 13th :dance: i call yesterday an they told me... my wife (savanphil) is very happy but im nervous , i wil pick up my police rec an pac 4 on friday

this is # i use to call the embassy an get thru in less than 15mins everytime (876) 929 4850 to 9 if u get automated system dont press nething jus wait for a while an it will connect u to a person directly

:lol: I never noticed there were two phil and philman. LOL Cute indeed.

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:ot: Whitney files for divorce from Bobby- see the link here: Whintey files for divorce :pop:

:reading: catching up now

i saw that :whistle::o

ladies i was ssoo sick today at work...and on top of that the kids a swimming lessons....i feel like i was hit by a mac truck :(:( ....

so good nite to all...i am going to drink some mint tea....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks for all the tips guys!! I tried calling again today b4 I read your responses to no avail. I even e-mailed them, but I've yet to receive a reply. SO, I will try Kim's method tomorrow! Wish me luck!!

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Sounds like they got a new "info lady." :lol: Good for you!! Congratulations on jumping one step forward <without taking two steps back.> Did they tell you how long until your interview?

congrats to the 2 of you!!! that is great!!! :dance:

belly'sgirl....when you get someone on the line...because you don't press the numbers anymore someone will answer and ask how can they help you...tell them you have been trying all day and keep getting disconected and all you want to know is your date for the Fiancee Visa and they WILL give you the date....if you say i want to find out my interview date you are more likely to get disconected because they might not answer the phone and it will automaticaly hang up!!! trust me i have called them SO many times and this has worked for me!

Edited by nannygirl82

Timeline
:ot: Whitney files for divorce from Bobby- see the link here: Whintey files for divorce :pop:

It is about time. He has done nothing but drag her down.

WE ARE DONE!!!

Timeline

AAwwwww. Too cute. Congrats on you interview date :thumbs:

Timeline

It is about time. He has done nothing but drag her down.

I agree. He was nothing but headache in her life.

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Timeline

Its about time!!

Eww I am so tired. Wish the sun would shine here. My hubbys first gig is on the 30th in Grenada and he is so excited and he told me in Dec. he will be in Miami and I am hoping its not the same time I go down to see him. He gets Mr.Vegas tour dates next week (talk about being apart a lot know with this new job :crying: but its what he loves and I understand if I was good enough to play I would instead of teaching music) Well if he is in Miami this December at the same time that I go down I could change my flight for a hundred bucks and suprise him by going to the show and then fly back to his place when he is done (me suprise him right!! what am I talking about and he could get me in for free ha). Maybe I could suprise him with lossing weight instead. Signed up for weight watchers today and at curves they are having a biggest losser competion. The competion are teams of four so know I need to be on my best behavior. I cant believe since I got married a month a go I have packed on 20 pounds yikes. Feeling comfortable or what :lol: YIKES!! Now with this gig for sure we are defiently doing the CR1 for sure now K3 at all. I think K3 is shorter but more paper work for years.

Best wishes to all those getting their last packets in and interviews coming up!! :D

may the skies be full of sun here in the midwest tomorrow :yes:

One luv

Jax

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Congrats on the interview date :dance: and welcome to the board :star: Try not to be too nervous - as long as you have all your paperwork together you'll be fine!

ladies i was ssoo sick today at work...and on top of that the kids a swimming lessons....i feel like i was hit by a mac truck :(:( ....

so good nite to all...i am going to drink some mint tea....

Hope you feel better soon :luv: I hate having to work when I feel sick.

may the skies be full of sun here in the midwest tomorrow :yes:

:yes: Amen to that :yes: It has been so cloudy and gloomy and rainy here in Michigan lately. I can't remember the last time I had to wear my sunglasses! I'm off work Friday, Sat, and Sun for my birthday so I'm really hoping for some decent weather :jest:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I hope I have finally found the right place to post this question.

My fiance has her interview at the Jamaican embassy on October 31st 2006. I am 99% certain that I would be there even if it for moral support. So I am hoping to get some pointers for anyone who had an interview in Jamaica recently.

1) Do I need the last tax return or the last 3. The instructions from the embassy was unclear.

2) My income exceed the 125% treshold comfortably by about $15,000.00 so I am not worried about that area for the I-134. I am wondering however how much of an importance is the bank statement since I just have a couple thousand saved, but just curious as to what is "enough" for the interview.

3) Anything special to look out for at the interview. Any questions that jumped out at you or anything that you found the person conducting the interview focussing on.

4) do you think me being at the interview helps? We were hoping that she would have been here already and I am heading to Jamaica this weekend because I think that 6 months apart is taking a toll on her. I was hoping that I would not have to return a month later, but I just do not want to make this any more stressful for her so I am going to bite the bullet and make it back in October only if it will help. I am doing the "ticket" dance hoping Air Jamaica has another sale again.

Anything that you can tell me about the interview would be appreciated. Questions, concerns, tips etc.

I really want to say that reading this forum has been such a blessing for me. I keep telling my fiance that the US may be a culture shock to the laid back life of Jamaica. Your experiences have definitely given me some pointers in lil "adjustments" to look out for.

Timeline
I hope I have finally found the right place to post this question.

My fiance has her interview at the Jamaican embassy on October 31st 2006. I am 99% certain that I would be there even if it for moral support. So I am hoping to get some pointers for anyone who had an interview in Jamaica recently.

1) Do I need the last tax return or the last 3. The instructions from the embassy was unclear.

2) My income exceed the 125% treshold comfortably by about $15,000.00 so I am not worried about that area for the I-134. I am wondering however how much of an importance is the bank statement since I just have a couple thousand saved, but just curious as to what is "enough" for the interview.

3) Anything special to look out for at the interview. Any questions that jumped out at you or anything that you found the person conducting the interview focussing on.

4) do you think me being at the interview helps? We were hoping that she would have been here already and I am heading to Jamaica this weekend because I think that 6 months apart is taking a toll on her. I was hoping that I would not have to return a month later, but I just do not want to make this any more stressful for her so I am going to bite the bullet and make it back in October only if it will help. I am doing the "ticket" dance hoping Air Jamaica has another sale again.

Anything that you can tell me about the interview would be appreciated. Questions, concerns, tips etc.

I really want to say that reading this forum has been such a blessing for me. I keep telling my fiance that the US may be a culture shock to the laid back life of Jamaica. Your experiences have definitely given me some pointers in lil "adjustments" to look out for.

Trinlad welcome to the yardies thread. :)

Oh my gosh is that SUN out my window this morning it couldn't be... :yes: Wow its been forever since I have seen the sun.

Good morning all :D

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Oh gosh you making me :blush:, I am so excited for the interview. I can't hardly wait....its the light at the end of the tunnel. As we enter the next (AOS) tunnel.

12/03/2005: Married

10/13/2006: Interview Approved

10/26/2006: POE: EWR (ARRIVED) [/size]

182 days from filing to Visa in Hand!!![/color]

AOS/EAD

01/22/2007: Sent to The Lockbox.....let the games begin.....again

02/02/2007: NOA1's for both....the waiting game officially begins

02/15/2007: Biometrics appt.

04/11/2007: EAD APPROVED!! YI-HAW

04/21/2007: Received SSN#

05/23/2007: AOS Interview -------> APPROOOOOOVED!!!!!!

05/29/2007: Received Welcome letter

06/04/2007: Green Card in Hand!!!

122 Days from filing AOS to Green Card in Hand!!!

REMOVING CONDITIONS

05/21/2009: Filed to Remove Conditions

6/18/2009: Biometrics Done

09/14/2009: Approved!!!

Citizenship

2/15/2011: Filed N-400

3/28/2011: Biometrics <-- Done

5/09/2011: Naturalization Interview <--- APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5/09/2011: Swearing in Ceremony (We're Done)

MY HUSBAND IS NOW A US CITIZEN

Proudmomwife.gifI_love_my_baby_boy.gif

3051_1113026182751_1139795553_30500807_687968_s.jpgZackie.jpgthumb_3051_1113025702739_1139795553_30500806_7039703_s.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.