6,588 posts in this topic

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Just checking in quickly for an update.

I did not go into labor and we did make our interview on Aug. 23 . Our interviewer was stoic, no personality and was not nice at all. She asked us for a few items we did not have which we just need to mail in. She wanted a criminal record check from Georgia since hubby got into some trouble a few years back, birth certificates of our twins and his son in St. Vincent. After we send these things, we are approved.

The twins arrived Aug 24 at 10:40 and 10:45 pm. Brenden Cole weighs 5 lb 13 oz. and Christopher Chase weighs 4 lb 13 oz. Pics have been added to the yahoo site in our folder (Kim and Rickie)

Congrats :thumbs: - I am gonna check on the pics.

What's your occupation? In addition do you have a part-time job and if so what do you do? Do you find that it's difficult to make ends meet on your normal salary; or do you have to work O.T. or have a part time job? Is anyone working additional jobs or hours just for this immigration process only?

I am a Financial Technician with UCP. I guess the names make it sounds like I make alot but it does not I make about $13 an hour with 4 weeks vacationand anout 2.5 sick times and then 2 personal days. I try to make it on my salary alone but things are getting hard. I have not been able to get a second job due tothe fact that I have been a single mom and overnight daycare does not comes around much. It is very hard to make ends meet with this piece of ####### salary- bu tI find it to buy the phone cards and pay tickets fo rmy hubby to come here 2 imes a year ( not anymore- process ??????????????) My job does not allow you to make OT- the worst non-profit job around. Once Paul comes home I will take ona PT job to make ends meet until I either get a raise ( never will happen ) or get a better paying job. Plus living in NYC is the real pits- so expensive.

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If marriage means you fell in love, does divorce mean you climbed out?"

"You never really know a man until you have divorced him."-Zsa Zsa Gabor

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

Filed: Timeline

I did not go into labor and we did make our interview on Aug. 23 . Our interviewer was stoic, no personality and was not nice at all. She asked us for a few items we did not have which we just need to mail in. She wanted a criminal record check from Georgia since hubby got into some trouble a few years back, birth certificates of our twins and his son in St. Vincent. After we send these things, we are approved.

The twins arrived Aug 24 at 10:40 and 10:45 pm. Brenden Cole weighs 5 lb 13 oz. and Christopher Chase weighs 4 lb 13 oz. Pics have been added to the yahoo site in our folder (Kim and Rickie)

Absolutely gorgeous babies :luv:

Congratulations on the approval too!

I am a Financial Technician with UCP. I guess the names make it sounds like I make alot but it does not

lol-I was just mentioning to a friend how my job title sounds more impressive than my salary too. A prestigious title does not pay the bills though :no:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congrats Kimone!! They are sooo cute :luv::luv:

Click My Timeline For Our K-1 Info

10.21.05 - Applied For SS Card (He's Not In The System Yet)

10.27.05 - Got Marriage License

11.02.05 - Received SS Card In The Mail

11.10.05 - Passed Permit Test!

NOVEMBER 18th - We're Married!

12.17.05 - Mailed AOS/EAD Papers

12.27.05 - Checks Cashed

12.29.05 - Received both NOA's in the mail (receipt dates 12.20.05)

02.17.06 - Received Biometrics Letter

02.27.06 - Got Driver's License!

03.11.06 - Biometrics Appointment

03.16.06 - EAD Approved

03.21.06 - EAD Came In The Mail

04.10.06 - Received AOS Interview Letter

06.08.06 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

06.19.06 - Green Card Received

WE'RE DONE!

08.22.06 - Elias Is Finally Here!!! Born at 1:13am, 8lbs. 15oz. and 20.5 Inches Long

November 18th, 2006 - Our Real Wedding In Negril

Timeline

Ladies....i NEED A NEW JOB!!!!! i am slowly driving myself and mike crazy!!!! tonight was kinda the icing on the cake...i had asked for a half day off like 2 months ago so i could go to my brothers football game sure no problem...i wrote it down on the calender....well she went and made pland and i was like umm i need hald a day that sure we will be back in time of fine...then i said well it is a holiday weekend and monday is a holiday...and she said oh really??? you get off for monday?? and i was like no you did not just ask me that...so then when i went into another room i heard her say great so i will have the kids for 3 and a half days well actually 4 days...and i sain NO 3 and a half and i was thining umm well they are kinda your kids so why are you acting this way??? i am at the end of my rope!!! i am waiting for mike to come and then i am getting a new job where i don't have to put up with this #######!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Ladies....i NEED A NEW JOB!!!!! i am slowly driving myself and mike crazy!!!! tonight was kinda the icing on the cake...i had asked for a half day off like 2 months ago so i could go to my brothers football game sure no problem...i wrote it down on the calender....well she went and made pland and i was like umm i need hald a day that sure we will be back in time of fine...then i said well it is a holiday weekend and monday is a holiday...and she said oh really??? you get off for monday?? and i was like no you did not just ask me that...so then when i went into another room i heard her say great so i will have the kids for 3 and a half days well actually 4 days...and i sain NO 3 and a half and i was thining umm well they are kinda your kids so why are you acting this way??? i am at the end of my rope!!! i am waiting for mike to come and then i am getting a new job where i don't have to put up with this #######!!!

Pick up your phone...sounds like you could use a good rant......me calling you now!!!!!!

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congratulations on the intreview and the boys are so adorable.

Pick up your phone...sounds like you could use a good rant......me calling you now!!!!!!

Sorry to hear that your boss is a knuckle head. I can'r beleive u can't get that time off. Good thing you havee Kim as a great support system calling u now. Hang in there and be strong.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

I am a Financial Technician with UCP. I guess the names make it sounds like I make alot but it does not

lol-I was just mentioning to a friend how my job title sounds more impressive than my salary too. A prestigious title does not pay the bills though :no:

:no::no::no::no: That would be nice if the names would pay the bill.

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Dem Babies are just adorable...........

Makes me wanna go home and start trying to have another..... :devil::innocent:

Congrats to the new Mommies and so happy to hear about the approval Kimone!!! :dance::dance:

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

Timeline

Sorry to hear that your boss is a knuckle head. I can'r beleive u can't get that time off. Good thing you havee Kim as a great support system calling u now. Hang in there and be strong.

thanks jax...things have just been going down hill pretty much since i started this process and i moved out...

kim has been such a great person so yes i am very lucky to have that...and all the other ladies is this FAMILY have been great as well SUPER HUG!!!!

not able to sleep have a lot of worries...

kimone!! THE TWINS ARE SSSOOO CUTE!!!! if you need any advice or feel free to ask!!! i have been working with twins for the past 5 years!!! hope all is well!!!

Timeline

:thumbs: I agree with you 1000000% Kim.

My husband wnats to wait but I guess I am gonna screw up the plans when i go down ( hopefully in September) :devil::devil: .

Congrats to both families. :thumbs:

Night ladies.

Edited by desperatewife

What's your occupation? In addition do you have a part-time job and if so what do you do? Do you find that it's difficult to make ends meet on your normal salary; or do you have to work O.T. or have a part time job? Is anyone working additional jobs or hours just for this immigration process only?

I'm a Production Supervisor at General Motors. I work crazy shifts and crazy hours :wacko: In the past year I was on day shift for about 6 months, then afternoon shift for about 5 months, and now midnight shift :angry: I work a LOT of overtime and it's NOT voluntary but we do get compensated nicely for it :blush: My last paycheck for 2 weeks had 32 hours of overtime on it!! :o

The only time I was a little tight on money was when I was going to JA so often before my hubby came here. I went down there 6 times in 9 months :P:whistle: Then on top of that having to pay for all the Immigration stuff. Luckily I have a good paying job - even though I hate the shift and all the overtime hours!!

Hey everyone - just wanted to let you know I posted a few pictures of Elias on the Yahoo site.

BTW, he's coming home tomorrow :dance::dance:

Cute pics! :luv: So glad to hear that he's doing better and on his way home.

Rhonda...I'm sorry, I'm not sure what direction to point you in, but are management jobs hard to find where you live? I would post your resume on career builder and see what happens. :blush:

Thanks! It's already on Careerbuilder and Monster :blush: I'm just holding out for a decent salary - can't afford to take a huge pay-cut right now :no:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

but can you get a SSN with a K1 visa?

Once we actually started to talk he admitted how lonley he has been with me at work all day. He has nothing to do. No friends. No family. I said, "I'M YOU'RE FRIEND!". He said he knows that but he wants someone to talk to. Someone to grab a beer with. Someone to play pool with. Someplace he can actually WALK to (In NC you REALLY need a car to do almost anything - even go to the store). Any suggestions?

First of all, YES he can get his social security card right away. They advise you wait 2 weeks once he gets to the states to allow time for him to be in the system.

As for the other issues, me and Tony went thru the exact same things. We got him a bicycle which helped some so he could at least get around on his own while I was at work. I highly recomend that. As far as being lonely there's not much you can do about it right now. Once he can start working it will be much better - he can make friends of his own and having a job will occupy him. I think the first 6 months were the most difficult for us. Do you have any family - cousins, brothers, etc. - that he could hang out with? Just a thought. Also, I used to call Tony from work as often as I could and of course every second I wasn't working, I was with him. Hang in there - it gets better :yes:

I think with most of our men starting a GED class was helpful and gave some purpose and structure to their day.

Oh yes, I forgot about that. Very good idea. Tony started taking ESL (English as a Second Language) classes when he got here. That helped a LOT and gave him something to do 2 nights a week while I was at work. I was lucky enough to have my parents volunteer to drive him there since it was too far to ride his bike.

CONGRATS :dance: They are so adorable :luv:

so then when i went into another room i heard her say great so i will have the kids for 3 and a half days well actually 4 days...and i sain NO 3 and a half and i was thining umm well they are kinda your kids so why are you acting this way???

Oh my gosh, that is so crazy :o She can't spend a few days with her own children?!! Some people just should not procreate! :no:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Timeline

Happy Bday Anna, sounds like alot of fun....you'll need a week to catch up on sleep :D

CONGRATS Kimone....the babies are adorable!!!

Shauna....that's just unbelievable!! That's why there should be flippin permits for .....well, don't get me started!! I'll be 'round all day today, give me a buzz when you get a moment.

Jax, congrats on your big day. Your dress is beautiful.

Playin catch up today.

kelly

Timeline

NEW QUESTION ----

What if our man is working (authorized) and then comes that 90th day. Does or will he **have** to stop working? Has any of your men worked until the interview ? I was doing a little bit of research, but it seems that the Employer would get in trouble "if caught". His job hasn't said anything about him "stopping" work at the 90th day.

I need some advice from you guys as to what you think....or would do. Would you have your man stop working until the interview? Or keep it as it is...work ?

Thanks a bunch !!

Kelly

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.