Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Baby Elias was born Tuesday, August 22 @ 1:13 am. 8 lbs 20 oz -- 20 1/2 inches long. Mom, dad and baby are all doing well. Julie will probably be back on-line over the weekend and I'm sure she will post pictures then. He is a real cutie!! (L)

Wohoo!! Congrats Julie and Michael!! :dance::dance:

Yeah, I am a VJ Auntie! It's my birthday!! (Jonesie insert all yuh dutty wines here!) :dance::dancing::dancing:

Congrats Julie and Michael! Welcome Baby Elias (L)

baby dutty wine :dance::lol:

Congrats Squitto and Papcawn on receiving GC and interview approval!

Elizabeth your interview is right around the corner - how you feelin?

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Baby Elias was born Tuesday, August 22 @ 1:13 am. 8 lbs 20 oz -- 20 1/2 inches long. Mom, dad and baby are all doing well. Julie will probably be back on-line over the weekend and I'm sure she will post pictures then. He is a real cutie!! (L)

Wohoo!! Congrats Julie and Michael!! :dance::dance:

Yeah, I am a VJ Auntie! It's my birthday!! (Jonesie insert all yuh dutty wines here!) :dance::dancing::dancing:

Congrats Julie and Michael (F)

Happy Birthday Elizabeth (F)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Just wanted to say hi quick, I just got home from the hospital. Elias is still there, he's having some blood issues - his and mine didn't mix. As soon as Michael gets home we're going to go sit with him.

He's so precious, and we're so in love. I will definitely post pictures once we get him home and get settled.

Congrats to all the approvals I missed - my prayers are with you Jax and Popcorn.

Take care everyone, and thanks for posting about Elias Mindy!

Click My Timeline For Our K-1 Info

10.21.05 - Applied For SS Card (He's Not In The System Yet)

10.27.05 - Got Marriage License

11.02.05 - Received SS Card In The Mail

11.10.05 - Passed Permit Test!

NOVEMBER 18th - We're Married!

12.17.05 - Mailed AOS/EAD Papers

12.27.05 - Checks Cashed

12.29.05 - Received both NOA's in the mail (receipt dates 12.20.05)

02.17.06 - Received Biometrics Letter

02.27.06 - Got Driver's License!

03.11.06 - Biometrics Appointment

03.16.06 - EAD Approved

03.21.06 - EAD Came In The Mail

04.10.06 - Received AOS Interview Letter

06.08.06 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

06.19.06 - Green Card Received

WE'RE DONE!

08.22.06 - Elias Is Finally Here!!! Born at 1:13am, 8lbs. 15oz. and 20.5 Inches Long

November 18th, 2006 - Our Real Wedding In Negril

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congratz Julie...Welcome likkle Elias for us!!!

Jax- Sorry to hear about your loss.....

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

Filed: Timeline
Just wanted to say hi quick, I just got home from the hospital. Elias is still there, he's having some blood issues - his and mine didn't mix. As soon as Michael gets home we're going to go sit with him.

He's so precious, and we're so in love. I will definitely post pictures once we get him home and get settled.

Congrats to all the approvals I missed - my prayers are with you Jax and Popcorn.

(F)(F)(F) Congratulations Julie and Michael!! :dance::dance: I hope for a quick home reunion with your bundle of joy!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I am apprehensive - I wish they would cancel it. :wacko::whistle: But Henry is making me mental asking every day to lay out all the docs we filed so he can review them....helloooo look in the file. He is very nervous. All we can do is get our bits and pieces together, do our best and leave it to God. :yes:

It's not really. I was being silly - you know how people say when you dance...."go Shemonya, its your birthday, get busy." :blush::blush:

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

congratz julie!!!! i am sure your likkle boy will be home before you know it!!!

Jax so sorry to hear that!! my thoughts are with you!!!

i am in battle with the embassy....they must have changed things around because you no longer have to push buttons you get someone on the phone tell them what you want and they connect you to who you need to talk too...well i think they need to back to school to learn how to put people on hold!!!!! everytime they put me on hold they hang up on me :angry::angry::angry: i am so frustrated!!! i told mike he will have to go to kingston and get the paper and it was like he was getting what i was telling him...he said no no they will send it to me...and i said MIKE LISTEN TO ME!!! i need to know when it is so i can get my days off and my plane ticket and just get everything in order!!! AAHH! i feel like pulling out my hair sometimes!!!! :lol:

hope all is well for everyone else!!!!! (L)

Timeline

I am apprehensive - I wish they would cancel it. :wacko::whistle: But Henry is making me mental asking every day to lay out all the docs we filed so he can review them....helloooo look in the file. He is very nervous. All we can do is get our bits and pieces together, do our best and leave it to God. :yes:

It's not really. I was being silly - you know how people say when you dance...."go Shemonya, its your birthday, get busy." :blush::blush:

:lol: Sorry. I'm slow today.

Timeline
Sorry to be a pest but....Did annyone see my question about the ID.....I need some help.........I remember that all of you suggested he get the DMV ID but they told us no.......any advice????

I would go to the DMV website, print out what it says he needs, and then go back to the office to see a supervisor. I never heard of such a thing

Hey guys....I've been crazy busy this week....it took me FOREVER :lol: to catch up. In a nutshell.....congratulations to my GC gals -- Jonesie & Squitto. Yipee to everyone who got approvals, welcome home Rhonda -- Jax....I am so sorry for your loss......

YIPPPPEEEE! What a wonderful joyous time. A new life. Wow isn't that tall for a baby? CONGRATS :thumbs:

I pray for the healing of your baby boy, I pray the Lord will stengthen him and you the parents that he may join you all at home right away.

2/1/2010- AOS , EAD. AP Mailed via USPS priority mail

2/3/2010- Received - via USPS delivery tracking

2/9/2010- Check Cashed

2/9/2010- NOA 1 Received for 131, 765, 485

2/17/2010- Received letter for biometrics

2/19/2010- Completed biometrics via early "walk in'

2/22/2010- Touched on I-765, 48

2/24/2010- Case transferred to CSC

4/2/2010 Card Production Ordered for I-765, AP touched (Yea!!)

4/8/10- Approval notice for I-765 sent via email/ AP touched

4/10/2010 Received AP.

4/12/10 Received EAD-

7/6/10 Contacted USCIS because now Outside normal processing time

7/23/10 Got RFE asking for proof of legitimate marriage- 1page and 1/4 of proofs

8/23/10 sent off RFE response via Expressmail

8/24/10 Received by CSC

9/2/10 Email from USCIS- Card Production Ordered

Timeline

I just read this in 'off topic' and thought I'd share; very touching...

attributed to JenT:

I believe –

… that just because two people argue, it doesn't mean they don't love

each other. And just because they don't argue, it doesn't mean they do.

I believe -

. . . that no matter how good a friend is, they're going to hurt you

every once in a while and you must forgive them for that.

I believe -

. . . that true friendship continues to grow, even over the longest

distance. Same goes for true love.

I believe -

. . . that you can do something in an instant that will give you

heartache for life.

I believe -

. . . that it's taking me a long time to become the person I want to be.

I believe -

. . . that you should always leave loved ones with loving words. It may

be the last time you see them.

I believe -

. . . that you can keep going long after you think you can't.

I believe -

... that we are responsible for what we do, no matter how we feel.

I believe -

. . . that either you control your attitude or it controls you.

I believe -

. . . that heroes are the people who do what has to be done when it

needs to be done, regardless of the consequences.

I believe -

. . . that money is a lousy way of keeping score.

I believe -

. . . that my best friend and I can do anything or nothing and have the

best time.

I believe -

. . . that sometimes the people you expect to kick you when you're down,

will be the ones to help you get back up.

I believe -

. . . that sometimes when I'm angry I have the right to be angry, but

that doesn't give me the right to be cruel.

I believe -

. . . that maturity has more to do with what types of experiences you've had

and what you've learned from them and less to do with how many birthdays

you've celebrated.

I believe -

. . . that it isn't always enough to be forgiven by others. Sometimes you

have to learn to forgive yourself.

I believe -

. . . that no matter how bad your heart is broken the world doesn't stop

for your grief.

I believe -

. . . that our background and circumstances may have influenced who we

are, but we are responsible for who we become.

I believe -

. . . that you shouldn't be so eager to find out a secret. It could change your life forever.

I believe -

. . . two people can look at the exact same thing and see something

totally different.

I believe -

. . . that your life can be changed in a matter of hours by people who

don't even know you.

I believe -

. . . that even when you think you have no more to give, when a friend

cries out to you - you will find the strength to help.

I believe -

. . . that credentials on the wall do not make you a decent human being.

I believe -

. . . that the people you care about most in life are taken from you too

soon.

I believe -

. . . that you should send this to all of the people that you believe in. I

just did.

beautiful

Good afternoon ladies

do you definitely need 3 years of tax returns? I have 2005 and 2004, cannot find 2003. I make well above the poverty level so do you think that would be a problem? I will have to rip through my house to find 03's.

Do I need to get a police record or is that just on the other end?

Thanks

Darlene-I have gottne the transcripts from teh IRS because I cannot find the tax returns. # years should be fine- try and get 2003 from the IRS. It is free and takes about 2 weeks to get to you.

I have always been under the impression that the PC is for the benificiary. I told my husband he need to go his- if I have to get on too thatis gonna be hard.

Thanks Denden- I am more excited- I still can't believe it. I have to start thinking like that .

I heard they are asking for only latest year tax return. I think they have changed the forms. Well, we got a touch today on AOS. No status change.

Nope...you still need 3 years even though they probably will only look at the latest but they did ask for all three at my interview last month.

HELP!!!! HELP!!!! HELP!!!! :help::help::help:

Okay....we went to get Duane's ID card from DMV today and they told him they can't issue it!!! HELLO???? Why not....???? They said the I-94 expires on October 17, 2006 so we need an extention??? Has anyone ever heard of that before?? October is whne the 90 days are up but we got married before then and we are filing the AOS/EAD this week. Help guys!!!!

I have heard of someone having a problem like that, that the DMV won't issue a card because the I-94 is about to expire. Try and get just the photo id fo rnow and then when you get the approvl fo ryour AOS you go back and get teh permit itself.

Desparate,

I hope you don't mind that I borrowed your email. I want to see whether they tell me the same thing. I haven't emailed them yet. So let me know if it's not okay.

Hey guys just popped in for a really quick second. Jay is 10 months now and tearing everything down and i am so happy that he is because these past few weeks have certainly been a trial. me, richie and jay spent the weekend from peditrician to one hospital to the next. please pray for my family because i am truly being tested right now.

lovew you guys and miss you all so much!

That is great Woogie, that is why we are here to assit the other . When you hear back just let us know, maybe you, me, savanphil and :unsure: nannygirl will have interveiws aboutthe same time ( hopefully thinking) :yes:

Hey guys....I've been crazy busy this week....it took me FOREVER :lol: to catch up. In a nutshell.....congratulations to my GC gals -- Jonesie & Squitto. Yipee to everyone who got approvals, welcome home Rhonda -- Jax....I am so sorry for your loss......

Congrats Baby Elias is here, he is a chubby little boy, he is gonna be tall too- Bless this child and his parents.

Julie glad you are holding up- I was out for 6 months after my baby, he was a big man. Little Elias will be just fine and will be home and doing what babies do best before you even know it.

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If marriage means you fell in love, does divorce mean you climbed out?"

"You never really know a man until you have divorced him."-Zsa Zsa Gabor

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

well i think they need to back to school to learn how to put people on hold!!!!! everytime they put me on hold they hang up on me :angry::angry::angry:

When I was calling I swear they picked up the phone and threw it in a drawer....just to make me eat up the minutes on my phone card :lol: :lol: I'm not laughing at your problem -- alot of us have all felt that frustration and know exactly what you are feeling right now. Don't worry, one day you too will be able to laugh at them ;)

Just keep trying....eventually someone will actually tell you what you want to hear.

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good morning everyone!

Hi there. My fiancee and I just made it through the process and arrived in NC on Friday the 18th. The advice you are getting is right on. I can't tell you how well the advice served us. Please stay positive. I posted my interview story yesterday. But I posted it in the wrong place. I think this is the link. Hope it helps. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=96&t=27953 :D

I had a lot of trouble completing my final paperwork too. One minute I was head over heels in love - ready to do anything for my man to get here. The next minute I was wondering if I should have my head examined. :wacko: When I got to the I-134 and saw all the personal financial information I was going to have to disclose, I freaked. But after some prayer (and some wine), I relaxed and decided that I'd rather live with a mistake than a regret. So I took a few deep breaths and pulled it together. I'm so happy I did.

I-134: I attached the last 3 years of my 1040 and W2 forms, a letter from my employer saying I was a regular full time employee in good standing making $xyz annually. I got a letter on bank letterhead with my balances. And I also attached a copy of my mortgage statement and my 401k. I probably didn't need the mortgage or 401k stuff - but I didn't want to take any chances.

They did not ask for a certified copy of my marriage certificate. In fact, since I am divorced, they actually gave me back my marriage certificate. They did take my divorce certificate. I had a certified copy with me but since they didn't ask for it specifically, I didn't provide it. It seemed to be fine.

My fiancee was dead set against overnighting in Kingston. He wanted to leave Negril at 2:30 am and drive. But advice from this forum convinced him otherwise. It was a wise move. The drive to Kingston from Negril was LOOOOONNNNNNGGGGG and tiring. My fiancee drives like a madman. I spent half the trip in prayer, and the other half thinking "gee, I really ought to be praying" :) And all this on a Jamaican holiday! I can't imagine traveling in "rush hour". The stress would have been overwhelming.

We stayed at the Hilton. It was really expensive but very worth it to be so close to the embassy. Just get there early. And apply lots of bug spray before you go.

Thanks for the info. I feel somewhat better about pulling all of this together. The wine part is right up my alley. :lol::lol:. However, getting my husband to do what he needs to do is another story.

Thanks for posting your interview experience!! It was SOOO helpful! I try to read as many of these kinds of things as I can, because I want to be as prepared as I can...I'm still waiting on our K-1 approval (which should occur soon :wacko: ), and I am just trying to figure out our next steps!! I just think I would be a nervous wreck at the interview!! How did you handle it??

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

congrats to the new Mommy and Daddy and that Baby Boy :yes::innocent:(L)(F)

1/1/05 We met

7/19/05 Trip back to Negril

8/28/05 Trip back to Negril, became engaged

12/31/05 WEDDING!!!!

1/22/06 Still patiently waiting for certified marriage certificate

1/28/06 Trevor finally receives cmc, now let's see how long it takes

to get to me

2/20/06 Received cmc, other problems begin

2/24/06 Sent away for divorce decree from previous marriage

2/25/06 Changed name on passport

2/25/06 Trevor kind of ticked I forgot about divorce decree

3/20/06 Sent off I-130

3/30/06 Received NOA1

4/19/06 Trip to Negril

5/8/06 I-129F Mailed

5/22/06 Received NOA1

7/3/06 Received IMBRA request

7/6/06 Sent off IMBRA request

7/6/06 Received email notice that I130 sent to CSC

7/10/06 I130 touched

7/13/06 129F touched

8/3/06 I129f and I130 APPROVED!!!!!

Timeline

Congratulations!

WE ARE DONE!!!

Timeline

i swear i must have to WORST luck ever!!!! i am in immigration HELL!!!!

so i call get through then hung up on...then i get through again...thinking ok this is a good sign i tell the lady i have been calling ALL day and i keep getting hung up on she is like ok hold on so another lady answers and asks for the case# and i tell her she says oh well we haven't sheduled it yet because we DON'T HAVE IT!!!!

WHAT THE F!CK???????? nvc said they sent it on the 14th and i checked dhl and on the 14th only 1 likkle package was sent... so it has been 2 weeks....and nothing...my lawyer said he was calling nvc tomorow to see where it is.... :angry::angry: i am just so mad i can't even explain..... :cry:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.