Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Good Morning Ladies !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank all of you for the congrats. I can't wait I am hoping my hubby will be here by October, I am planning a trip for a week in Jamaica for the first week of October so I am hoping that the interveiw falls around there if not I am a$$ out. :dance::dance::dance:

Ladies a quick question- I am getting ready for the interveiw ( well, not really- I just know we are gonna be denied :crying::crying: ) My question is when you guys go to Jamaica do you get all-inclusive or just the flight and hotel ( I normally go to family but I am not feeling that this year).

I have found a great deal with Sunset Beach Resort & Spa AI-All Inlcusive-I know it is MOntego Bay- far yes but I am not trying to stay in Kingston ($$$$$$$$)- or should I just give in and stay there to be close to the embassy?

Stay Close To The Embassy....please!!! Stay Close. :yes: I don't find Kingston that expensive. When Henry and I stayed at the Knutsford - it was $95 US per night (probably less if a JA citizen books the room). We got a studio suite - it had a kitchenette and we bought groceries at Superplus and the vegetable/fruit standby by this new mall near Constant Spring Rd and we cooked a few days. Breakfast is free - so we just had to make dinner - lunch was usually fresh fruit and coconut water. Yum! But if you want a nice vacation feeling resorty place - then yeah MoBay makes total sense. Just drive to Kingston crack of dawn the day before the interview - arrive in Kingston in the afternoon and then relax and get ready. Still, check out this chalet in the blue mountains in kingston; its not that expensive and very relaxing. But you need a 4 wheel drive to get up the mountains. http://www.starlightchalet.com/

YOU WILL NOT GET DENIED!!! Don't even put that energy out there. :no:

I agree, Our four hour trip to to Kingston was the pits!!! :no: Yes!! stay positive. :thumbs:

Any one know of some reasonable all inclusive resorts or hotels ect in Mobay? I have some friends who are going for christmas, they were asking for recommendations.

Thanks Dee.

Hi Dee. I suggest Royal Decameron Montego Bay, Holiday Inn or Sunset Beach.

Sbys - Best wishes (L) .

Thanks everyone I'll pass the suggestions along.

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thank all of you for the congrats. I can't wait I am hoping my hubby will be here by October, I am planning a trip for a week in Jamaica for the first week of October so I am hoping that the interveiw falls around there if not I am a$$ out. :dance::dance::dance:

Ladies a quick question- I am getting ready for the interveiw ( well, not really- I just know we are gonna be denied :crying::crying: ) My question is when you guys go to Jamaica do you get all-inclusive or just the flight and hotel ( I normally go to family but I am not feeling that this year).

I have found a great deal with Sunset Beach Resort & Spa AI-All Inlcusive-I know it is MOntego Bay- far yes but I am not trying to stay in Kingston ($$$$$$$$)- or should I just give in and stay there to be close to the embassy?

Stay Close To The Embassy....please!!! Stay Close. :yes: I don't find Kingston that expensive. When Henry and I stayed at the Knutsford - it was $95 US per night (probably less if a JA citizen books the room). We got a studio suite - it had a kitchenette and we bought groceries at Superplus and the vegetable/fruit standby by this new mall near Constant Spring Rd and we cooked a few days. Breakfast is free - so we just had to make dinner - lunch was usually fresh fruit and coconut water. Yum! But if you want a nice vacation feeling resorty place - then yeah MoBay makes total sense. Just drive to Kingston crack of dawn the day before the interview - arrive in Kingston in the afternoon and then relax and get ready. Still, check out this chalet in the blue mountains in kingston; its not that expensive and very relaxing. But you need a 4 wheel drive to get up the mountains. http://www.starlightchalet.com/

YOU WILL NOT GET DENIED!!! Don't even put that energy out there. :no:

Thanks Elizabeth- I am gonna check this out. Right knw the Knutsford is running 120 a night. I am trying to find a flight+hotel but for some reason I keep getting Negril or Montego Bay :no:

This is beautiful- my only thing is the driving ( I don't - and I figure I wont :yes: just kidding) wow it is far, I am going to keep this in my favorite file I will need it for my late-honemoon-

I just have this deep feeling, not trying to be negative and bring bad vibes but I just feel it I guess it is the fact that I am geting so closetoteh interveiw.

Things are moving so fast I can't keep up anymore-

my police report is not done

my I134 is nto completed yet.

I have not gotten the certified copy of marrige certificate.

I haven't even filled out the forms ( DS-156, DS 157 DS-2030) how well I am slacking too bad.

Ladies a quick question- I am getting ready for the interveiw ( well, not really- I just know we are gonna be denied :crying::crying: )

No, no, no!!! Positive thinking only... :yes::yes:

Thanks for the tip on tracking DHL with a reference number. :thumbs:

I will try- I am just getting nervous with things moving so fast. After the last 8 months of marriage come October/Novemeber I will realy be a married woman because my husband will be with me.

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If marriage means you fell in love, does divorce mean you climbed out?"

"You never really know a man until you have divorced him."-Zsa Zsa Gabor

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

Timeline

Ladies a quick question- I am getting ready for the interveiw ( well, not really- I just know we are gonna be denied :crying::crying: )

No, no, no!!! Positive thinking only... :yes::yes:

Thanks for the tip on tracking DHL with a reference number. :thumbs:

You are welcome Darlene.

AND when you put in the dates use the date before the NVC package was forwarded and at the date you are tracking that way you will have a veiw of nuerous date.

With me NVC daid they sent my package on the 15th but DHl did not have any packages going out until the 16

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

Filed: Other Timeline
I will try- I am just getting nervous with things moving so fast. After the last 8 months of marriage come October/Novemeber I will realy be a married woman because my husband will be with me.

I'm sooo excited for you!!!! :thumbs: Try not to worry too much, get busy....my new motto...begin with the end in mind!!! :D

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

do you definitely need 3 years of tax returns? I have 2005 and 2004, cannot find 2003. I make well above the poverty level so do you think that would be a problem? I will have to rip through my house to find 03's.

Do I need to get a police record or is that just on the other end?

Thanks

WE ARE DONE!!!

Timeline
do you definitely need 3 years of tax returns? I have 2005 and 2004, cannot find 2003. I make well above the poverty level so do you think that would be a problem? I will have to rip through my house to find 03's.

Thanks

Darlene-I have gottne the transcripts from teh IRS because I cannot find the tax returns. # years should be fine- try and get 2003 from the IRS. It is free and takes about 2 weeks to get to you.

I have always been under the impression that the PC is for the benificiary. I told my husband he need to go his- if I have to get on too thatis gonna be hard.

Thanks Denden- I am more excited- I still can't believe it. I have to start thinking like that .

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks

Darlene-I have gottne the transcripts from teh IRS because I cannot find the tax returns. # years should be fine- try and get 2003 from the IRS. It is free and takes about 2 weeks to get to you.

I have always been under the impression that the PC is for the benificiary. I told my husband he need to go his- if I have to get on too thatis gonna be hard.

Thanks Denden- I am more excited- I still can't believe it. I have to start thinking like that .

I heard they are asking for only latest year tax return. I think they have changed the forms. Well, we got a touch today on AOS. No status change.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey ladies.. keep my family in your prayers my uncle Lowell died this morning. He went out at 3am to smoke when he couldn't sleep and had a heart attack we think. So I will be going to his visitation Thursday. (F)

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Timeline
Well, we got a touch today on AOS. No status change.

Ann, at least you know they didn't forget about you. Hopefully you'll get some good news soon.

Hey ladies.. keep my family in your prayers my uncle Lowell died this morning. He went out at 3am to smoke when he couldn't sleep and had a heart attack we think. So I will be going to his visitation Thursday. (F)

Jax you have my deepest sympathies.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Oh Jax, I am so sorry. My condolences to you and your family. (((HUGS!!)))

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Filed: Timeline

We just received this email alert today:

Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On August 19, 2006, the card order was completed and we mailed the applicant's new card directly to him or her. If 30 days have passed and you have not received this card, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

:D

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
We just received this email alert today:

Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On August 19, 2006, the card order was completed and we mailed the applicant's new card directly to him or her. If 30 days have passed and you have not received this card, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

:D

Congratulations :dance:

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good morning everyone!

No news yet from the new mother?

The wait is just as bad as waiting for an NOA...

I received my notice that my packet has been forwarded to Kingston but yet when I called the NVS it tells me they do not have a record of receiving my packet yet. Oh well I have a case number for Kingston. Is there anyway I can track that number to see if they have received it yet? There was no DHL number on the letter.

Question...Did your fiance have a difficult with adjusting to the rules here in the states? My guy is being so pig headed and the arguments have been more frequent. I try to explain that is how it is done here and that is the rule or the law. He is having a hard time getting past that. And it is not like he has never left Jamaica before, he has been working for the cruise industry for the last 10 years and has been all over the world.

Thick headed Jamaican!!!!

Hi Darlene- Congrats onyour KNG 2006-##-### WELCOME TO THE CLUB :whistle:do this to track you wont get specifics the best specific info you could get is to call the embassy. Do this tracking once the NVC tells you they sent the package.

track by DHL:

GO to DHL Worlwide Express website

Select USA

A new page will open

At the top highlight tracking and click on TRACK BY REFERENCE

In the Reference field type CORRESPONDENCE

For the Shipment date you should select a day before and after the date NVC said they sent your file.

Customer number leave blank

Origin Postal code should be 03801

Then Click Track

Hello everyone!

We just got back from Jamaica last night. :blush: We had a lot of fun but the time flew by. 4 nights is just too short, especially when we have so many people to visit. We had a blast at Margaritaville the night of Tony's birthday. I got so drunk I did the Dutty Wine :dance::D:devil: And I actually did a pretty good job of it! Although I did pull a muscle in my neck that hurt for 2 days :o

I'm here at work now and not happy about it :angry: I'm on 3rd shift (midnights) as of today :ranting: I'm convinced that my boss hates me. No one else here gets moved around all the time like I do.

Going back to catch up now. Looks like I have about 9 pages to read :reading:

Topic for today:

Now that you're living together what is the one quality that stands out that your spouse/fiance has that makes you say 'I am the most fortunate/lucky/blessed woman/man in the world'?

His sense of humor. He always makes me laugh :lol: I love that about him.

Rhonda and Tony have a great trip! Will you be able to bring everything with the airline restrictions in place?

Thanks. Yes we took everything we needed to take. We just had to check most of our luggage instead of just carrying it on like we had planned. We even managed to bring 3 bottles of Rum back :devil: we just checked it with the luggage!!

Welcome back Rhonda. Glad you enjoyed you time

Hi there. My fiancee and I just made it through the process and arrived in NC on Friday the 18th. The advice you are getting is right on. I can't tell you how well the advice served us. Please stay positive. I posted my interview story yesterday. But I posted it in the wrong place. I think this is the link. Hope it helps. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=96&t=27953 :D

I had a lot of trouble completing my final paperwork too. One minute I was head over heels in love - ready to do anything for my man to get here. The next minute I was wondering if I should have my head examined. :wacko: When I got to the I-134 and saw all the personal financial information I was going to have to disclose, I freaked. But after some prayer (and some wine), I relaxed and decided that I'd rather live with a mistake than a regret. So I took a few deep breaths and pulled it together. I'm so happy I did.

I-134: I attached the last 3 years of my 1040 and W2 forms, a letter from my employer saying I was a regular full time employee in good standing making $xyz annually. I got a letter on bank letterhead with my balances. And I also attached a copy of my mortgage statement and my 401k. I probably didn't need the mortgage or 401k stuff - but I didn't want to take any chances.

They did not ask for a certified copy of my marriage certificate. In fact, since I am divorced, they actually gave me back my marriage certificate. They did take my divorce certificate. I had a certified copy with me but since they didn't ask for it specifically, I didn't provide it. It seemed to be fine.

My fiancee was dead set against overnighting in Kingston. He wanted to leave Negril at 2:30 am and drive. But advice from this forum convinced him otherwise. It was a wise move. The drive to Kingston from Negril was LOOOOONNNNNNGGGGG and tiring. My fiancee drives like a madman. I spent half the trip in prayer, and the other half thinking "gee, I really ought to be praying" :) And all this on a Jamaican holiday! I can't imagine traveling in "rush hour". The stress would have been overwhelming.

We stayed at the Hilton. It was really expensive but very worth it to be so close to the embassy. Just get there early. And apply lots of bug spray before you go.

I liked both Decameron Bay and Sunset Beach. The food at Sunset Beach was better and the set up was pretty decent...but there were lots of kids and it is a more isolated location than Decameron which is right on the Hip Strip. If you go to Sunset, don't stay in the tower above the night club. Its soundproof from the outside but not from within the buidling. The drinks at Decameron were better and I liked the vibe a bit more. But either are nice.

Maybe you get a package deal in Montego Bay and spend the first night there relaxing. Then drive to Kingston the next day, spend the night, and drive back after your interview. You will lose a night at the all-inclusive - but you will get the package deal and have a nice place to come back to.

Well, I tend to write really long emails or not at all. I hope this one helps you. Take care. And again, please stay positive!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.