Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thank you all fo rthe well wishes.

I am a little bit happier than i was yesterda- our K3 was approved since last week and Ihad not gotten anything but the approval yesterday prompt me to call the NVC-well they said last weks approval should be sent out on Thursday. So Paul's interveiw might be late September or October- which is better than a Decemebr January CR1 interveiw.

Savanphil -I am in the same boat has you, I too am hoping I have enough evidence. I just requested teh letter of verification today and will do the I134 tomorrow and get it notorized.

I have a question for you ladies who have gone through Kng: Should I have Paul get his police certificate now or should I wait until he gets packet 3?

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If marriage means you fell in love, does divorce mean you climbed out?"

"You never really know a man until you have divorced him."-Zsa Zsa Gabor

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Thank you all fo rthe well wishes.

I am a little bit happier than i was yesterda- our K3 was approved since last week and Ihad not gotten anything but the approval yesterday prompt me to call the NVC-well they said last weks approval should be sent out on Thursday. So Paul's interveiw might be late September or October- which is better than a Decemebr January CR1 interveiw.

I have a question for you ladies who have gone through Kng: Should I have Paul get his police certificate now or should I wait until he gets packet 3?

Congrats and best of luck to you - I hope your interview is soon.

I'd get the police certificate next month (early September), so that is one less thing to take care of. If I'm remembering correctly, it is only valid for six months. Also, if you haven't done so already, order an extra copy of his birth certificate (recent long form) to bring with him here.

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello everyone,

Just checking in after working 5 twelve hour shifts in a row. Congrats to everyone and a big hello to Leoschampion. Good to see you. Well I am going to catch up right now.

1/1/05 We met

7/19/05 Trip back to Negril

8/28/05 Trip back to Negril, became engaged

12/31/05 WEDDING!!!!

1/22/06 Still patiently waiting for certified marriage certificate

1/28/06 Trevor finally receives cmc, now let's see how long it takes

to get to me

2/20/06 Received cmc, other problems begin

2/24/06 Sent away for divorce decree from previous marriage

2/25/06 Changed name on passport

2/25/06 Trevor kind of ticked I forgot about divorce decree

3/20/06 Sent off I-130

3/30/06 Received NOA1

4/19/06 Trip to Negril

5/8/06 I-129F Mailed

5/22/06 Received NOA1

7/3/06 Received IMBRA request

7/6/06 Sent off IMBRA request

7/6/06 Received email notice that I130 sent to CSC

7/10/06 I130 touched

7/13/06 129F touched

8/3/06 I129f and I130 APPROVED!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Topic for today:

Now that you're living together what is the one quality that stands out that your spouse/fiance has that makes you say 'I am the most fortunate/lucky/blessed woman/man in the world'?

How much he loves me. I can see it in his eyes and everything he does, its amazing :blush:

:luv::luv: Awww. That's the best feeling. Treasure it :yes:

That was sweet. I love his heart - Damien loves me and my daughter so much and it shows in every way. We are everything to him (L).

Hey remember me :P hello ladies its been awhile.Good to see good tings gwaan.For the not so good keep GOD..IT WILL GET BETTER.Leo bought a new car today..96 civic honda.Hes very proud.We're doing the damn thing..when its good its so good and when it gets dark& cloudy I just pray for stronger light than I have.Its good to see this family gettin biggah...keep it up.

Good to see you around.

Kim - two more nights until you are "Mrs". Best wishes to you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I am officially hooked on the "Dutty Wine" videos...I can't get enough of them!! I saw one with this lady that just looked like a huge bullfrog flailing around on the floor! :o:help:

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good morning,

Kim congrats on your upcoming wedding!!

Topic for today:

Now that you're living together what is the one quality that stands out that your spouse/fiance has that makes you say 'I am the most fortunate/lucky/blessed woman/man in the world'?

Thanks for all the wishes...

The several things that stands out to me start with how deep he loves and respects me......he hurts when I am sad and smiles when I am happy...he also cooks, cleans, makes my bed, does laundry and rubs my back everynight!! :whistle:;):blush: Nobody has ever held me with so much love before....not even my parents......... :wub::wub:

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

Timeline

hello everyone!!!

hope all is well....mike told me some much needed in great news...he got a job JA...he is working at Jame's Bond Beach there is a interactive sting ray place where you can swim with the sting ray's so at the moment he is "working"...the lady said she wasn't sure when he would start either this week or in September...haha right like that would help!! :lol: so i just pray it is this week and he can have some extra mulla in his pockets!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
hello everyone!!!

hope all is well....mike told me some much needed in great news...he got a job JA...he is working at Jame's Bond Beach there is a interactive sting ray place where you can swim with the sting ray's so at the moment he is "working"...the lady said she wasn't sure when he would start either this week or in September...haha right like that would help!! :lol: so i just pray it is this week and he can have some extra mulla in his pockets!!

That is really good news! I know this will help and I hope it is next week......UMMMM...September he should be in the US with you........we can only hope!!! :whistle:

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

Filed: Timeline

Best wishes tomorrow Kim!!

Yesterday I got a "good" progress report from my doctor!! :D:D:dance::dance:

Shauna, the new pad is coming along slowly; but now that I got a little boost from my doctor's report I'm already picking up steam; my goal is to have everything in place by the end of September. Hopefully your interview will be rescheduled soon; but it's nice that Mike has a new job; any little bit helps :thumbs:

Good morning (F)

BTW I enjoyed everyone's repsonses to yesterday's topic :yes: .

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
hello everyone!!!

Congratulations to Mike! I love James Bond Beach.

WE ARE DONE!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
hello everyone!!!

Congrats to Mike!!! :dance:

Yesterday I got a "good" progress report from my doctor!! :D:D:dance::dance:

That's great news, Michele!! :thumbs:

Speaking of reports...do you know this song? Whose Report Click on the link for the lyrics; cant find a link for the sound.

Edited by Elizabethnhenry

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Timeline

good morning,

congrats to Mike, yeah that is true what has been said before every little bit helps. They might let him wait until september................well not gonna happen.......... he will be here.Nanny-did the NVC recieve your case as of yet? The reasonI am asking is I am trying to see how many of us might be having an interveiw ( hopefully in September), so far there is me, Savanphil, woogietail ?? and maybe you.

Phat Madame

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If marriage means you fell in love, does divorce mean you climbed out?"

"You never really know a man until you have divorced him."-Zsa Zsa Gabor

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

Timeline

i have called NVC and i can't get a human on the phone it keeps telling my to call at 6 est...but umm i am feeding the kids so that might be hard to do soo i will try again today...someone on VJ that was approved the same day as mine said his is at NVC so i am thinking mine as well!!! and until they go through it again and send it to JA i am thinking a september interview.....i pray anyway....

good news today was mike's first day of work....so yippe....keep him out of trouble... :lol::lol:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
good news today was mike's first day of work....so yippe....keep him out of trouble... :lol::lol:

:dance::dance: Congrats to Mike!! I hope he likes his first day :thumbs:

Click My Timeline For Our K-1 Info

10.21.05 - Applied For SS Card (He's Not In The System Yet)

10.27.05 - Got Marriage License

11.02.05 - Received SS Card In The Mail

11.10.05 - Passed Permit Test!

NOVEMBER 18th - We're Married!

12.17.05 - Mailed AOS/EAD Papers

12.27.05 - Checks Cashed

12.29.05 - Received both NOA's in the mail (receipt dates 12.20.05)

02.17.06 - Received Biometrics Letter

02.27.06 - Got Driver's License!

03.11.06 - Biometrics Appointment

03.16.06 - EAD Approved

03.21.06 - EAD Came In The Mail

04.10.06 - Received AOS Interview Letter

06.08.06 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

06.19.06 - Green Card Received

WE'RE DONE!

08.22.06 - Elias Is Finally Here!!! Born at 1:13am, 8lbs. 15oz. and 20.5 Inches Long

November 18th, 2006 - Our Real Wedding In Negril

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.